Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
She actually pulls those bangs off quite well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

notthegoatseguy posted:

I know it is wishful thinking but...are they doing an incursion storyline?

Coulson is a Beyonder

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Aleph Null posted:

Simmons changed her hairstyle.

Yeah, and Deke shaved. It was more of a tongue-in-cheek comment of how changing hair like that can really alter the shape of someone's face. It really did take me the whole thing to figure it out.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

notthegoatseguy posted:

I know it is wishful thinking but...are they doing an incursion storyline?

I haven't ready comics in nearly 30 years. I get my updates from wikis, but you could tell me what "incursion" is?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Aleph Null posted:

I haven't ready comics in nearly 30 years. I get my updates from wikis, but you could tell me what "incursion" is?

Long story summed up real short: The multi-verse got hosed up and universes started crashing together and dying earlier than they would've naturally. The crashing point was Earth. You could save each of the two universes by destroying one Earth.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Aleph Null posted:

notthegoatseguy posted:

Long story summed up real short: The multi-verse got hosed up and universes started crashing together and dying earlier than they would've naturally. The crashing point was Earth. You could save each of the two universes by destroying one Earth.

This all took place in Jonathan Hickman's run on Avengers and New Avengers and it (the whole arc) is totally worth reading. It... doesn't end the way you think it's gonna.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
So is Coulson hunting Inhumans? Are we going to get yet another season of Daisy being oppressed and really annoying about it?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Good way to go into the season, being mr negative.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

This all took place in Jonathan Hickman's run on Avengers and New Avengers and it (the whole arc) is totally worth reading. It... doesn't end the way you think it's gonna.

Hickman's complete saga is one of my favorite runs of any comic ever, and I don't think I've ever read an Avengers comic before. I also loving love Black Panther in this series, and he'd always seemed like a boring hero that I'd never had any interest in.

I keep thinking about doing another re-read since I saw Endgame.

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 3, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nobody does epic like Hickman. His F4 run is firmly cemented as the best era of the franchise of all time for me. I can re-read it over and over again and I keep finding stuff I missed or had forgotten about.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Yeah, agreed with everyone who's talking up Hickman's run - I don't read comics regularly, and somehow I managed to get a hold of Time Runs Out - I devoured it, all of the FF material and Secret Wars. I even followed Marvel for a year or so after his run, only to abandon it when I realized that there's nothing that good going on.

Point being, I'm not a huge fan of comic books and yet I loved these comic books.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
Endgame Spoilers:

If this is a timeline-hopping evil Coulson, he could be coming from a timeline that Thanos snapped again as he planned, burning it all down to nothing and building from scratch, but he got out just before. The endstate of Endgame definitely leans hard on alternate timelines/realities, and I think this ties in somehow to that. Maybe he's from 1945A or, less likely, 2012A.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

The obvious way to (not) deal with endgame would be to just have the show perpetually take place before infinity war's climax.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
You know, the less the MCU shows are 'connected' the less I really find myself invested in them. It would have done wonders if Endgame just had a 2 second shot of the Defenders/Agents of Shield just walk through one of those portals. There were dozens of randoms, they should have put some of them in.

I wonder how frustrated the actors actually get on set? They probably envisaged themselves crossing over to the films at some point.

Andrew_1985 fucked around with this message at 14:59 on May 3, 2019

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Andrew_1985 posted:

You know, the less the MCU shows are 'connected' the less I really find myself invested in them. (Endgame spoilers:) It would have done wonders if Endgame just had a 2 second shot of the Defenders/Agents of Shield just walk through one of those portals. There were dozens of randoms, they should have put some of them in.

I wonder how frustrated the actors actually get on set? They probably envisaged themselves crossing over to the films at some point.
Yeah, the argument of "the audience won't know who they are" really falls flat when we often see a bunch of background characters help out in movies who have never been introduced and are just extras. Stick some TV characters in the back where you barely see them and still let us have our moment, dammit!

I think it's just the grudges between the TV/Movie handlers.

EDIT: In fact, the game Kingdom Hearts 3 just did a major "don't care if the audience hasn't seen everything" where most of the plot is specific callbacks to every minor plot from all the spin-offs and there's even a climactic scene where you're saved by a character/characters from the mobile-only game that barely anyone played (with no context or explanation as to what's happening).

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 13:46 on May 3, 2019

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Andrew_1985 posted:

The AoS actors make plenty of money and have had solid work for years. I'm sure they're fine with it. Really, one less thing to have to do for them - they don't need to go to some greenscreen and hurry up and wait for 10 hours just to be in a 3 second shot in a movie for which they'd barely be paid above scale.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Avalerion posted:

The obvious way to (not) deal with endgame would be to just have the show perpetually take place before infinity war's climax.

can I live on that parallel earth

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ashpanash posted:

The AoS actors make plenty of money and have had solid work for years. I'm sure they're fine with it. Really, one less thing to have to do for them - they don't need to go to some greenscreen and hurry up and wait for 10 hours just to be in a 3 second shot in a movie for which they'd barely be paid above scale.

Also about the only person I'd send out there against Thanos and his army is Daisy. Everyone else on the SHIELD team is gonna get slaughtered.

I'd send Frank or Jessica before I sent Mack and Simmons.

e: though wouldn't have it been nice if daisy was the one to drop the "we're with her too" line when Captain Marvel shows up

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Chokes McGee posted:

Also about the only person I'd send out there against Thanos and his army is Daisy. Everyone else on the SHIELD team is gonna get slaughtered.

Yo-Yo could probably hold her own. And Dethlok :colbert:

unrelated, it makes me laugh when in the movies there is a big battle scene with all the heroes doing cool/flashy superpowered poo poo, and then they show Bucky whose power is basically "has an assault rifle"

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAOdjqyG37A

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

gey muckle mowser posted:

unrelated, it makes me laugh when in the movies there is a big battle scene with all the heroes doing cool/flashy superpowered poo poo, and then they show Bucky whose power is basically "has an assault rifle"

He’s got a really cool arm too

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

gey muckle mowser posted:

Chokes McGee posted:

He’s got a really cool arm too

And the best hair, tied maybe with Thor.

:colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did people really expect to see any of the AoS cast in Endgame?

Really?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
no, but if we all replied with pithy :smuggo: Did people really expect to see any of the AoS cast in Endgame? type poo poo then it would be extra boring when you wheeled out your hot take and informed us ur the real truth knower of the agents of shield tviv thread

people are having fun theorizing what could have happened and how an appearance may have gone, its not very hard to parse what is going on here

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Be negative all you want but no matter what you say I'll never stop believing that dreams can come true

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I mean I didn't expect to see Howard the Duck in Endgame, but here we are.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

GreenNight posted:

I mean I didn't expect to see Howard the Duck Jarvis in Endgame, but here we are.

For me at least, I mean there are more obscure from that, but that was big for me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GreenNight posted:

He was already in a previous film.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

GreenNight posted:

Endgame was 100% more Jarvelous than I was expecting.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Did people really expect to see any of the AoS cast in Endgame?

Really?
Endgame was the first movie to acknowledge the TV shows, but no. No, we didn't. And you're being insufferable.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

e: though wouldn't have it been nice if daisy was the one to drop the "we're with her too" line when Captain Marvel shows up

I’m just saying, Leopold Fitz would’ve figured out the time travel in less than an afternoon, Tony Stark is lucky that guy is frozen behind Jupiter or w/e

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ambivalent posted:

I’m just saying, Leopold Fitz would’ve figured out the time travel in less than an afternoon, Tony Stark is lucky that guy is frozen behind Jupiter or w/e

Fitz: WE CANT CHANGE THE TIMELINE THE SNAP IS ALWAYS GOING TO HAPPEN

Deke: I’m going to have to skip the rest of the meeting Grandpa I have to lay fresh flowers on your other body’s grave

Fitz: ...well that theory’s knackered then

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Very fashionable song to try to make even more dramatic for nerds this spring
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5W9t62t10I

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
I do appreciate that this shows time travel managed to be consistent with Endgame in that impacting your past doesn’t impact your own future. Considering the TV and film departments are silo’d that was a nice coincidence.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Yeah, Endgame kind of paid off last season's whole arc of "can you actually change things when you time travel?" and that was super cool.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
While officially both TV and Film might be saying they have no communication with each others, I wouldn't be surprised if the TV people unofficially try to glean as much as they can from the upcoming film plots, using whatever access and contacts they might have, and use that to make the show as thematically relevant as they can make it.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Bruceski posted:

Everybody looks so weird, took me the whole trailer to recognize Deke and Simmons. Has it just been that long or did they film the stunt doubles by mistake?

Congratulations you have face blindness

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ehh, who gives a poo poo. SHIELD won, at this point the show will outlast the current generation of MCU movies

And when all the movie guys go home we'll go into the dressing room and put itching powder on all their prosthetics!!!!

hope and vaseline posted:

SHIELD is a strong, independent show that don't need no MCU

:hmmyes:

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 16:18 on May 5, 2019

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

SHIELD is a strong, independent show that don't need no MCU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
It's the MCU that needs Agents of SHIELD if it truly wants to survive long-term. :smug: