Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I'm in R&D now, and man that difficulty spiked. I've been managing so far, but I'm really confused as to how I'm expected to use anything weapon wise that has anything lower than High impact. Even with my Imperator V.2, dudes often ignore my first one or two hits and I catch their attack; I've dabbled with the Firebug Throttle and can't survive any fights really without just hopping out and slide attacking over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I'm in R&D now, and man that difficulty spiked. I've been managing so far, but I'm really confused as to how I'm expected to use anything weapon wise that has anything lower than High impact. Even with my Imperator V.2, dudes often ignore my first one or two hits and I catch their attack; I've dabbled with the Firebug Throttle and can't survive any fights really without just hopping out and slide attacking over and over.

It's because the enemies have moved up a tier of gear, you may have noticed they're now dropping tier 3 materials. If you upgrade your gear, you will find the difficulty drops again.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Somewhere in R&D is an implant that makes poison gas harmless too, install it and you shouldn't fear breaking open those containers too. (different from the poison gook on the floor, which you use liquidator feet for)

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Speedball posted:

Somewhere in R&D is an implant that makes poison gas harmless too, install it and you shouldn't fear breaking open those containers too. (different from the poison gook on the floor, which you use liquidator feet for)

The liquidator set stops gas too, and I have it so I just wear that

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I'm into the final area but can't find how to progress.

I've downloaded a virus and run away from near unkillable crystal assholes but can't find how to get up to the 3rd level.

I kept dying while wandering around too long and I've decided to backtrack through the world and get all the goodies I couldn't get or didn't notice before, I've got a full set of maxed out Gorgon armour now which is what I kept going back to, not sure what weapons I want to max to go with it though.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You're looking for a clean-ish hallway with a nanobot mass enemy and an elevator, one of the maintenance tunnels full of poop goop will take you there. The elevator leads up to the third floor (and a very useful shortcut!).

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Finished it in ~30 hours, final boss was super easy (once I realised what to do once it stopped taking damage in 1st phase, that cost me a couple of tries), I'd say I was overgeared/overlevelled but I was still having difficulty with the crystal guys outside.
Turns out I missed a hole I was meant to drop down past the shortcut you mentioned, I thought that shortcut was the reason for that path and missed the path onwards entirely.

Overall enjoyable game, I got a bit tired of going back and forth to Central Production but most of the other levels were fairly nicely put together and didn't overstay their welcome.

Could have done with a bit more enemy variety but overall the combat solid, I realised towards the end that the block/counter system was actually far more forgiving than I'd thought it was in terms of timing.

untzthatshit
Oct 27, 2007

Snit Snitford

I was stuck on the final boss for like a week until I finally accepted that it was ok to get one or two hits in before mashing dodge and that I can't expect to combo stun him like with normal enemies.

Anyways, this game rules! And now I'm eagerly waiting for The Surge II.

I liked the modern day themes in the story, climate change, machines and humans working closely together. It all seems very relatable in a not-so-distant future sort of way. More compelling of a story than "linking the fire" or whatever it is your supposed to do in Dark Souls.

I'm starting to go through NG+ now but paying more attention as I'm going along because honestly, I had super low expectations of the Surge in my first go round. But I noticed at the entrance to where you pick your first suit there's a big blood trail leading into an maintenance shaft, which is pretty creepy. Like maybe someone didn't make it through the "implanting" for lack of a better word. Plus I forgot the whole part of Warren being awake for the surgery. Seems to suggest to me he arrives at Creo after the surge, probably just after Sally reboots everything.

untzthatshit fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 7, 2018

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

So when you're standing at what is now the CREO World initial entrance, if you turn around there is a door. When you use the Nucleus shortcut, it goes to a new train that comes out of that doorway.

Essentially, the same place, they just added another train that sort of doesn't make structural sense to be there lol.

WTF, I've beaten the game like 4 or 5 times and I somehow never found this shortcut??

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Slanderer posted:

WTF, I've beaten the game like 4 or 5 times and I somehow never found this shortcut??

You didn't walk past a train in the Nucleus, in a room that is particularly covered in purple stuff and has a regular security guy and a heavy security guy? You drop down a hole from there.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The prompt for interacting with the train doesn't show up just by walking past it iirc, you have to physically walk up to the door to get the popup. I imagine it's pretty easy to assume it's just set dressing and walk right on by.

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

untzthatshit posted:

I'm starting to go through NG+ now but paying more attention as I'm going along because honestly, I had super low expectations of the Surge in my first go round. But I noticed at the entrance to where you pick your first suit there's a big blood trail leading into an maintenance shaft, which is pretty creepy. Like maybe someone didn't make it through the "implanting" for lack of a better word. Plus I forgot the whole part of Warren being awake for the surgery. Seems to suggest to me he arrives at Creo after the surge, probably just after Sally reboots everything.

Fun fact, that bloodstain isn't there on a fresh NG playthrough. Read into that whatever lore implications you want!

untzthatshit
Oct 27, 2007

Snit Snitford

Katsuma posted:

Fun fact, that bloodstain isn't there on a fresh NG playthrough. Read into that whatever lore implications you want!

:aaaaa:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Is there a theory that we're not the first "Warren" either? If you can implant memories with this system anything's possible.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Katsuma posted:

:psyduck: Welp, there's something to keep my mind going at night.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
So this is a total comedy option, but are there any mods that replace all humanoid enemies with patchwork zombies?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
P.S. whoever posted the tip about how to kill the welder robots (by hitting their font legs until they pause to repair them and then hitting their weak spot in the back) thank you. They were literally the only non-boss enemy type that I hadn't worked out how to brutally murder after 3 full playthroughs and it's making my first NG+ experience a whole lot more palatable.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Breetai posted:

P.S. whoever posted the tip about how to kill the welder robots (by hitting their font legs until they pause to repair them and then hitting their weak spot in the back) thank you. They were literally the only non-boss enemy type that I hadn't worked out how to brutally murder after 3 full playthroughs and it's making my first NG+ experience a whole lot more palatable.

The other way to kill the welder bots is to counterattack by ducking/jumping when they telegraph their arc welder arm attack. It stuns them long enough to circle around to break their back foot.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Does anyone else find themselves using mismatched armour sets more than matching ones? I've just done a playthrough followed by a NG+ playthrough rocking Proteus arms (+15 impact, +3 speed), Lynx legs (-20% run stamina consumption, -5% dodge stamina consumption), Mantis head gear (+8% against armour -4% against unarmoured and really good protection) and Eagle Body Gear (-10% stamina consumption, same as the Lynx but better protection) and it's basically min-maxed towards my playstyle (hit hard and fast, rely on dodging and mobility for survival) and I don't really miss having gear set bonuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
My lizard gaming brain would rather play a different game than ignore set bonuses

• Locked thread