Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Marc Trestman lmao

The DC team going zero effort and just tweeting a crappy spreadsheet seems on-brand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
The Wildcat roster list is extremely old internet.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Hell yeah Marquette King and Will "Browns-Slayer" Hill

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The DC Defenders offense, which looks like it consists of Tyree Jackson just whipping the ball to tall WRs could dominate the XFL given the level of talent

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I hope nobody is pronouncing this league "ecks eff ell." It's actually said more like "ziffle."

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

MorrisBae posted:

Sidenote: Daniel Brunskill (OL) formerly of the AAF's San Diego Fleet is on the 49ers as a backup in the Super Bowl this Sunday

And he's played great. The OL coach the other day praised Brunskill and Skule as the reason the 49ers were able to continue winning games when they lost starters along the offensive line. PFF has Brunskill at a 73 which is above many starting tackles in the league.

Quiet Feet posted:

I hope nobody is pronouncing this league "ecks eff ell." It's actually said more like "ziffle."

I'm down. ex eff ell really doesn't roll off the tongue

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The SexEffElle

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
The Battlehawks labeled their positions: Gunslingers, Playmakers, Wing Backs, Brick Wall.

This is the way.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Athanatos posted:

The Battlehawks labeled their positions: Gunslingers, Playmakers, Wing Backs, Brick Wall.

This is the way.

Yeah I feel like that’s the team I strongly identify with.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
I’m glad Jerrod Heard is getting to play :unsmith:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Athanatos posted:

This is the way.

game of thrones brain

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Best of luck in their future endeavors.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Instead of having practice squads, the XFL has a "Team 9" that will hold regular practices in Texas and be ready to provide replacement players if someone gets injured

Roster for Team 9

https://www.xfl.com/teams/team9/team-9-articles/team-9-dallas

quote:

* QB: Joe Callahan, Cj Collins, Garrett Fugate, Marcus McDade
* RB: Darnell Holland, Ray Lawry
* WR: Davon Grayson, TreyDonte Hill, Taivon Jacobs, Dalton Ponchilla, Andrew Verboys, Carl Whitley
* TE: Connor Davis, Pharaoh McKever
* OC: Ryan Anderson
* OG: Korren Kirven, Terronne Prescod
* OT: Nick Callander, Gerhard de Beer, Brandon Haskin, Patrick Lawrence
* DE: Jesse Aniebonam, Martin Ifedi, Alex Jenkins
* DT: Ahane Bowman, Andrew Stelter, Trenton Thompson
* LB: Darnell Leslie
* DB: Bryce Cheek, Reggie Cole, Marwin Evans, Tyree Holder, Josh Jenkins, Jermaine Ponder, Robenson Therezie

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

wow, I am surprised that Jerry Glanville is still alive, yet alone being a DC in the XFL

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
They called the second XFL the XFL

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

The DC Defenders offense, which looks like it consists of Tyree Jackson just whipping the ball to tall WRs could dominate the XFL given the level of talent

You mean Cardale Jones, but yea

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

DariusLikewise posted:

So the Defenders will have a good offence which is the best defence

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hockles posted:

wow, I am surprised that Jerry Glanville is still alive, yet alone being a DC in the XFL

I like Glanville since he annoyed the gently caress out of Collingsworth on "Inside the NFL".

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/iwes14/status/1224169659987124225?s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I often think that if McMahon had done this 5 years ago and gave Trump a team we'd probably be spending our time bitching about President Hillary Clinton.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Skwirl posted:

I often think that if McMahon had done this 5 years ago and gave Trump a team we'd probably be spending our time bitching about President Hillary Clinton.

Like I don’t already have enough reasons to think this sucks

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Skwirl posted:

In fairness if history held up Trump would have hosed it all up leveraging for an NFL team and bankrupted the XFL on his own and needed another ego boost.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

STAC Goat posted:

In fairness if history held up Trump would have hosed it all up leveraging for an NFL team and bankrupted the XFL on his own and needed another ego boost.

Yeah, but it would have taken him long enough that he wouldn't have run for President, or if he had it would have been immediately after a huge public embarrassment that football fans would know about.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, but it would have taken him long enough that he wouldn't have run for President, or if he had it would have been immediately after a huge public embarrassment that football fans would know about.

I think you underestimate Trump and overestimate Trump supporters. He has failed and made a mess of things many, many times in very quick ways and there was ample evidence that he was an abject failure when they did vote for him.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I think you underestimate Trump and overestimate Trump supporters. He has failed and made a mess of things many, many times in very quick ways and there was ample evidence that he was an abject failure when they did vote for him.

When he ran for President his most recent public failure was like 20 years ago and he was mostly known for starring/hosting a popular reality show.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I wasn't going to care about xfl until I heard that seattle got a team and they got the best team name.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

You mean Cardale Jones, but yea

This is a mistake, Tyree should be the starter

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Bought two tickets to the Guardians home opener.

Figure at the minimum I’ll have a fun story to tell.

30 bucks for seats that costs 180 to watch the Giants.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Trump tried to buy the Bills, didn't he?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Trump tried to buy the Bills, didn't he?

Yeah, and he destroyed the USFL in an attempt to blackmail the NFL into giving him a team.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Defenders are going to own

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

lol I can’t believe this ridiculous poo poo is really going to be happening in 5 days

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

In Seattle they were advertising season tickets for 100 bucks, so 20 a game.

What tv channels will it be on?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I for one am excited for the Matt McGloin experience.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Skwirl posted:

In Seattle they were advertising season tickets for 100 bucks, so 20 a game.

What tv channels will it be on?

ESPN, ESPN2, ABC, Fox, FS1, and FS2.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
The XFL? :psyduck:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Shine posted:

The XFL? :psyduck:

Football? Did you say football?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I was going to host semi ironic watch parties at home but this is post -CFB time for me so cable/YTTV is canceled and the BATTLEHAWKS aren’t on broadcast free TV until Week 5 or something :911:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Hed posted:

I was going to host semi ironic watch parties at home but this is post -CFB time for me so cable/YTTV is canceled and the BATTLEHAWKS aren’t on broadcast free TV until Week 5 or something :911:

I wonder if it will be on one of those reddit streams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Hed posted:

I kept YTTV just for the XFL.