Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

seiferguy posted:

Imagine every QB being as bad as Brock Osweiler. That's gonna be this league.

Brock can make an NFL roster. This was/is an entire league of guys who cant.

It's a league of people who look up to Brock Osweiler's skill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Fenrir posted:

Did the original XFL even finish its first season? I honestly can't remember.

A kicker won the "Million Dollar Game" MVP

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
It was the same feeling at the time. "Oh man a league with good games, extra football we can watch, guys trying their heart out."

It was worse than Thursday Night Football every game. Maybe if they had a better lead up to the league, practice time, better workouts, the on field product would be good. But as it was? The games were really bad outside of a handfull.

And then instead of trying to improve the onfield stuff, they just added more camera shots of cheerleaders, and promos and cheerleader lockerrooms.

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Dec 18, 2017

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Mel Mudkiper posted:

My favorite fact about the XFL 1.0 was that there was no health insurance for the players

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mtAgTYQfmc&t=97s

"Well I'll tell you what we have our first injury of the night on the scramble."

"I've never seen anyone injured on the NFL coin toss!"

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Everyone make a football league. They can find cool stuff, then the NFL can steal it.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
If someone makes a nice XFL thread tag that fits with the others I can get it added.

It will be great in 2 years when there is no AAF or XFL but we still have thread tags for them

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
It's a sword, with wings.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I made a dumb thread tag that I spent all of 7 minutes making:

But it doesn't explode and burn down like the real XFL, and also we need to wait for an admin to add it for us.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I hope my team gets assigned Vad Lee because that's a hell of a name.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
You probably lose it all to healtcare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
The Battlehawks labeled their positions: Gunslingers, Playmakers, Wing Backs, Brick Wall.

This is the way.