Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I’m psyched

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Raku posted:

So what's the ideal 8 starting QB scenario

1) Johnny Manziel
2) Tim Tebow
3) Colin Kaepernick (clear heel team)
4) Jared Lorenzen
5) ... Brett Favre?

Vince Young

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

It’s gonna be great

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Death to the NFL, bring back the Southwest Conference!

Seriously though I like college ball more specially because the quality of play isn’t as good. Makes things way more interesting and fun.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

I already get football soap drama from college ball though

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

I want at least 7 overtimes Vince!

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

I just wonder what the thinking was behind putting it in so many cities that already have NFL teams. Like what crowd are they hoping to attract? I can't imagine "NFL fans" will care enough when they already have real teams in the city.

I'll go to a Dallas XFL team game before I pay to see the cowboys. I mean if it's reasonably priced. Cowboys tickets ain't cheap.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

yea this has to be the goal, right? Get in where they know people want football, undercut the NFL prices.

I also go to the local arena football games sometimes because it's fun and really trashy. Halftime was dudes in a quad shooting a tshirt cannon at the crowd, a human contortionist, and a plate spinner and they handed out mini footballs to the crowd to try and knock over the plates. A+ money well spent.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Whelp, Dallas team is playing a mile from where the Cowboys play. I'll go to one game, and then probably be out.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Ive been saying it for like a year now. Vince is on the field for the first game, and they start the national anthem, mid-anthem Kapernick emerges from the tunnel, interrupts it and rips a flag from the color guard, and starts trash talking are troops. Right before he lights a flag on fire, Tim Tebow emerges....

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

What are their themes

All I know is that Manziel will be walking out to that remix of “Last Resort” that came out last year.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

BGrifter posted:

If the XFL doesn't implode hilariously in it's first year like we all expect

I believe Vince will save us.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Mega64 posted:

Republicans lost the House because Vince took too long to bring back the XFL and make football American again.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

The NFL is playing AMERICAN football in London! They’re taking away AMERICAN scalpers jobs! It’s time to show these football elites who’s really in charge and to put AMERICAN football First!!!

#drainthegridiron

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

I found a can of it today in a gas station fridge during my holiday travels.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Skwirl posted:

What are you talking about, XFL is going to completely change the game and become the future of Football.

Hell Yeah brother

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Vince has put the NFL on notice, and the XFL will save us.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

BattleHawks logo rules, but stoops is going to own the place with the Renegades

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

That’s a gargoyle y’all.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Like the NFL has good team names and logos, yeah let’s put a team in Ohio called the Browns, and make their color orange. :rolleyes:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Suck it Goodell!!

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

They literally think they're gonna be a direct rival to t he NFL, they think there's gonna come a time when the NFL is humbled and forced to leave Dallas because the city is terminal with RENEGADE FEVER.

Please don’t radicalize me.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5TbVjMx3mQ

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Sky Judge was pretty awesome admittedly

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Where’s he hate me?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

PupsOfWar posted:

are we still pretending the XFL is gonna happen

NFL is doomed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Hed posted:

I was going to host semi ironic watch parties at home but this is post -CFB time for me so cable/YTTV is canceled and the BATTLEHAWKS aren’t on broadcast free TV until Week 5 or something :911:

I kept YTTV just for the XFL.