Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Shooting down an airliner is how you show everyone you're part of the club of nations that can do so without consequences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Relevant Tangent posted:

Shooting down an airliner is how you show everyone you're part of the club of nations that can do so without consequences.

oh poo poo it was another power move by Iran

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
my little conspiracy is that the us government had boeing push the "remote crash it" button

sounds crazy, but there's like secret architecture in every intel chip that people think is a backdoor for intelligence services, so i don't think something like that my idea is totally out of the realm of possibility

why have the world be a nightmarish internet of things if you can't use it to flex on people

*all of this is with an implied "lol"

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

who shot down the airliner is of less concern to me than the fact it was shot down and if we go to all out war many more innocents will be caught in crossfire and killed by both sides

war is messy and we don't want it

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

mcvey posted:

Not trying to argue with anyone really, just wild to see this conspiracy talk here. I imagine you could find a lot of the same ideas on /r/conspiracy today.

I'm leaning towards an accidental shootdown by inexperienced or overstressed AA operators coming not long after an Iranian retaliatory strike.

It was probably Iran shooting it down accidentally but yeah the US has both shot down airliners and lied about reasons for war before, so while it does sound conspiratorial I can see why the other posters say it

Percelus posted:

who shot down the airliner is of less concern to me than the fact it was shot down and if we go to all out war many more innocents will be caught in crossfire and killed by both sides

also yeah

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean Iran shooting it down and covering it up is also by definition a conspiracy theory.

it could be true but like there isnt really any solid evidence as of yet just a lot of assumptions to fill holes

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean Iran shooting it down and covering it up is also by definition a conspiracy theory.

it could be true but like there isnt really any solid evidence as of yet just a lot of assumptions to fill holes

that's true and good luck getting a clear answer now.

Comedy option: it's a false flag by the US but the Iranians realised what the US was doing and covered it up

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Wouldn't be weirder than the US selling weapons to Iran to fund South American death squads.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Communist Thoughts posted:

seems extremely likely that iran shot it down accidentally
no way, the all-powerful and all-knowing CIA made an asset out of the guy in charge of launching anti-air missiles at the tehran international airport, and decided to use this enormous intelligence coup to shoot down a ukranian passenger jet full of canadians to punish iran, ukraine, and justin trudeau specifically.

Kassad posted:

Wouldn't be weirder than the US selling weapons to Iran to fund South American death squads.
it wouldn't be weirder than virtually everyone getting away with it, except for the one fall guy becoming a popular figure in conservative media

e: drat, do i mean G. Gordon or Ollie North? you be the judge.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
It is critical that we remember the real victims of the Holocaust: the Soviets.

Claiming that the Holocaust was about Jews is Zionism. Biden is doing it to provide cover to Israel!
assuming, without evidence, that the plane crash was caused by the iran and not us, is like assuming, without evidence, that the black guy in your store is shoplifting, and more of you should own that.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

uninterrupted posted:

assuming, without evidence, that the plane crash was caused by the iran and not us, is like assuming, without evidence, that the black guy in your store is shoplifting, and more of you should own that.

drat youre right, I do hate black people and own a store, with products

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Nobody is ever going to cop to shooting down the plane and well never really know. oh well.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

do you think soleimani and trump having twitter beef had anything to do with recent events?

it's like a lovely person who would squat online enemies except he's the most powerful man right now

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

uninterrupted posted:

lol goddamn what garbage idpol poo poo. don't post.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

That DICK! posted:

drat youre right, I do hate black people and own a store, with products

wait what

do you own a commercial plane

this is a weird place for that flex

COL1A1
Sep 8, 2006

Comrayn posted:

oh poo poo it was another power move by Iran

The only way to beat the US.... is to become the US

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

"know your enemy, know yourself"

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Is the thread still discussing the airplane the US shot down? Jesus Christ.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
ppj did it

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

bump_fn posted:

ppj did it
mods know

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Percelus posted:

no war but class war!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Pomp posted:

Like, lol, it's still our fault

Burn down demon cracker nation

Trudeau has justification for a US invasion now. Maybe he can actually do something useful as pm for once and wipe out the yankee scourge.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Trudeau has justification for a US invasion now. Maybe he can actually do something useful as pm for once and wipe out the yankee scourge.

You'll be welcomed as liberators

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Fallout alternate reality looking good.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I'll gladly accept payment in hash coins

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

uninterrupted posted:

E: Also I just did a little mental exercise of what the govt/media reaction would be like if the names of the 63 Canadians sounded like John MacDougall and Mary Wilson instead of the Iranian names we've been seeing come out and well I'm going to go have a stiff drink now

Another Bill has issued a correction as of 04:18 on Jan 11, 2020

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

uninterrupted posted:

Top post of 2020?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'll gladly accept payment in hash

i miss the canary islands, the hash flowed like sangria :magical:

life should be about smoking hash drinking sangria eating paella and having sex on the beach with some posting and gaming thrown in

war with iran sounds lame as hell and counter productive to this end

Percelus has issued a correction as of 20:11 on Jan 11, 2020

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
It is critical that we remember the real victims of the Holocaust: the Soviets.

Claiming that the Holocaust was about Jews is Zionism. Biden is doing it to provide cover to Israel!

Communist Thoughts posted:

Top post of 2020?

one black guy shoplifting doesnt make you less racist for assuming the black guy was shoplifting

crazy how many people itt are using this to prove islamophobia is good

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/1215840965908484096

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

you hate to see it

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

uninterrupted posted:

one black guy shoplifting doesn’t make you less racist for assuming the black guy was shoplifting

crazy how many people itt are using this to prove islamophobia is good
yeah its definitely the islamophobia thing, and not the most obvious conclusion given that a plane was shot down in the middle of iran

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

TenementFunster posted:

yeah it’s definitely the islamophobia thing, and not the most obvious conclusion given that a plane was shot down in the middle of iran

nah there was islamophia, we had a guy go on a whole internet atheist meltdown about it

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

CharlestheHammer posted:

nah there was islamophia, we had a guy go on a whole internet atheist meltdown about it
i still can't believe the "new atheists" of 2003 took one look at society and all decided the most powerful anglosphere religion was islam

THS
Sep 15, 2017

CharlestheHammer posted:

there were multiple bad takes from multiple bad angles. im sure everyone has learned something

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
what we learnt was that Iran shot down the plane

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
The real question is: Why did the US shoot down that plane.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

trump absolutely would be an internet atheist.

its not like it would effect the evangelical vote at all

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Trump definitely is an internet atheist, how else would you explain the muslim ban.

Internet atheists are the real problem of our times, it's obvious. Not enough devout Christians to be found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

As an instrument of God like Cyrus, Trump can have a little atheism as a treat.