Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

What if you prompt Brendan Frasier instead

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Someone's written a plugin for Mount & Blade 2, that is basically just a gpt prompt window integrated in the ingame UI and ofc first populates the bot's instructions with some basic info from the game. Also the bot's lines get voiced by another AI engine. It clearly doesn't do anything beyond that or store any info from previous sessions, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2WVXe5LvTs

... it is available right now. Worthwhile or not, the video does show that this minimum level is fully doable for any game and what it feels like to play with it added.
It's been said before but, when someone else figures out prompt memory and designs the auto-prompts to synchronize better with the game mechanics (and the small issue of harmonizing the outputs with each other and into a coherent story, and coherent with the current game state), this is done. True immersive deep simulation RPG-ish dialogue games are a thing.
It's weird seeing science fiction become a reality, again.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Point of order: If you're alive and not vibrating from the radiation then ww3 hasn't started.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

You people can't help yourself from invading other places can you. PYF today, will it be Taiwan tomorrow?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Gynovore posted:

It's been a hella while since high school chem, but I get the feeling that an "endothermic reaction" occurring during the production process is kind of a bad thing.

Well unless you weren't sane enough to cool the reaction vessel during process, it very much would be

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Tunicate posted:

isn't the endothermic reaction gonna do a good enough job of cooling the vessel?

That it is, but since the reaction we're talking about is exothermic irl my brain autocorrected and I happily chugged along, I had a soapbox to climb!

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Lord Hydronium posted:

Frasier + Niles = Frank Sobotka.

:aaaaa:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmNSFqyg_Z8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Thats... strangely resonant. Could there be a shoegaze one about having less than 10 rapsheet entries is conformist and declassè?