Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Elentor posted:

Okay I feel like this belongs here.

I'm the second time 'Make-Out' shows up on the list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Besesoth posted:

It took me until this post to realize that "MAKE-OUT" is on there twice.

Evilreaver posted:

I'm the second time 'Make-Out' shows up on the list

:mad:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Guy Mann posted:

Retro gaming people are going buckwild about this new image resizing deep learning AI called ESRGAN that can basically do the "computer, enhance" thing for real by being trained on huge pools of images to figure out what should go where when an image is resized and the missing info needs to be filled in.

An entire gallery of similar upscaling applied to different Sierra adventure games

why hasn't this been applied to Steamed Hams yet, is what I'm wondering

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
:confused: I don't see how "it would be bad quality" is a detriment to a proposed Steamed Ham

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
https://inspirobot.me/mindfulnessmode

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Kennel posted:

crossposting

e.

That part isn't true. It spiked up to 1000apm and was entering commands that it would be literally impossible to do with mouse+keyboard.

And for most of the matches it could see the whole map at once (fog of war still present, but it didn't have to scroll around). That capability was turned off for the match it lost.
[/quote]

Small clarification: It's hard-capped at ~3 decisions per minute due to how it interprets data (looks at the game state every 250ms, takes ~40-60ms to think), but will absolutely make a heap of actions per decision during that time. Also all of its inputs are player-possible but not player-feasible (selecting three stalkers out of a pack to blink to safety for just one frame, but it does select them)

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

holy what gently caress this would make such an excellent forward to the novel I'm writing I'm blown the gently caress away

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
They read like a 5-year-old's story that he's making up off the top of his head, and you're the uncle who's been tasked with sitting and watching him and he knows you're going to listen to every word

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Hempuli posted:

Chicken soup horror recipe

These new algorithms seem to be able to generate about as good stuff as the predictive text keyboards, but without human input. That's really something; I got very strong "Greased Casserole" vibes from that:
https://twitter.com/jamieabrew/status/695060640931549184

I wish I could find the audio of some (semifamous?) voice actor attempting to read this with a straight face and failing miserably. That's the good beans

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Is anyone's eyes open?? Hello, that list up there says BUTTHOLOGIST. That magnificence has now been brought into this world and deserves recognition. Where were you the day BUTTHOLOGIST was coined?

They all were kind enough to not doxx me

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Try defining words with it.

Hugefrogging (verb): to push another person out of place; to get someone in the mood; to annoy; annoy; to annoy others

What can you say to make yourself into a decent member of society?

Get a job.

:frogout:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

I'm inspired

How to avoid a shark attack: step 1: never swim alone

2) Never swim with other people if they look out for you (be careful of others with other needs – they can be dangerous too).

4) Never run up to another person while they're swimming if they look upset or fearful.

5) Stay on your own and avoid touching anyone who is still alive.

6) Make sure everyone else has at least one eye on you when making decisions: you're not always aware and you're responsible for what other people do.

7) Have the courage to say no to anyone: do not be afraid to stop someone who's hurting you if they don't want to hear.

8) Don't do anything without first talking it over first.

9) Pay attention to your body during swimming and after so you don't get too carried away and cause further injury.

10) Take breaks in the water if you feel you need to but if you feel you're going to get swamped then just swim back into the

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Make sure you trick it into giving you good life advice! :eng101:

Question: Help computer, my bank account is empty! What's a good way to get some fast cash?
Answer: The best way is to
buy some junk bonds with money you don't have. I think they are called "junk bonds" now.

They're junk bonds. You could say they're a kind of junk mortgage that someone is in over their head to pay back with extra cash. And that means, your bank account is empty.
There are other ways of getting some fast cash, too. But don't look to junk bonds, they're really expensive and just don't work that well. Instead, your best bet will be to do some shopping.
There's nothing wrong with shopping, of course, but it's also always useful and I've mentioned shopping as an alternative when I started this website just about three years ago.
If you're like me you buy junk bonds in order to get a quick, cheap cash flow that you could use for your other expenses, like spending time with your kids.
You don't have time to go shopping or buy anything, anyway!

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Brawnfire posted:

The Saga of Peter-Lang

Marvelous. More of these, folks!

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XO3q6MA668

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Syd Midnight posted:

I'm dying

e: a movie called "lovely Terminator", where the android commandos are so bad at their job that when they show up the humans just roll their eyes and play along

I need a plasma rifle in the 40 MW range

Yea sure buddy [hands him a mop]

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So I had a dream last night about a cool game idea and I figure if anyone is involved in procgen, it would be someone in this thread:

So you have a walking engine like GTA4/5's Euphoria, and your task is to traverse an area (either running from something or parkouring to an objective), but all the player has to work with is a text parser (bringing up the parser pauses/bullet-times the action). So you would say "run to door" and your guy would run to the door, with animation procedurally generated, with live physics. Probably a SUPERHOT aesthetic.

Ideally you also have the parser do things like "kick over table and take cover", "wallrun across gap", "kick knife on floor into gunman" and similar. I imagine the game being half Mirror's Edge and half AI Dungeon.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
How does one get a hold of and mess with this so-called art program

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Very surprised how well it handled my admission of the dark arts, and how even the 'you are innocent' AI hates my guts

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Wafflecopper posted:

Someone should feed a bot a data set of SA thread titles

or at least some of our more noteworthy sagas

Yelling "groverhaus" and "bathdoom" at my computer as we speak (the computer cannot hear me)

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Let's invent some things! A friend of a friend has a DALL-E we asked to invent:

A time machine patent application

Patent for a warp drive engine

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
The flavor texts on those are phenomenal

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
"Cave Paintings of UFOs"

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
"IKEA instructions to assemble a brain"

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
"Costco D&D Map"

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm super stoked that the way they have it set up, anyone can click your "upscale this image" and "get variations of this image" buttons. It's like emptyquoting!!

"modern cityscape wide angle photograph capturing the millisecond after a nuclear weapon explodes, only a tiny fireball visible"
got a half dozen varies/upscales right away

"technical blueprints for a warp drive"

owns

Not mine:
"dark king crown of swords"
"zombie cyberpunk"
"time for aaaaaaaaa"

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
My dear sweet 70-year-old mother contacts me on discord

One time she asked me what "AF" meant and the only thing I could think of was "uuhhh as gently caress? What is the context?"

"Oh someone on the wow forums said my screen name was cool AF :kimchi:"

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

RatHat posted:

Your 70 old mother hangs out on the WoW forums?

Correct, she and my father are both avid players

Or rather they were, now they are both playing elder scrolls online

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Splicer posted:

When did they get into MMOs? Are they OG MUD players who evolved with the times or did they start with EQ?

My mom met my dad when he was running a ad&d game

They played enough dial up BBS games that I was able to tell which one they were signing into by the different modem noises

Edit: listen I feel like we're getting off topic here

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
"Knight charges into battle against a black hole cinematic"

"Nature reclaims beautiful building"

"Lost city of Atlantis"

"Tornado trapped in a glass bottle"

"Giant of fire in a burning city"

"I wanted to destroy something beautiful realistic"

Midjourney reopened, everyone gets 25 more

edit: added the prompts

Evilreaver has a new favorite as of 12:17 on Jul 27, 2022

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

5TonsOfFlax posted:

These are amazing. Care to share the prompts?

I'm dumb, edited in the prompts

furthermore,
"City consumed by black hole"

Evilreaver has a new favorite as of 12:20 on Jul 27, 2022

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Personally I really liked that people could see my work and it gave me a sense of joy when someone clicked a variation or upscale button on my inputs, it's like being empty quoted

Alternatively when they press those buttons I wouldn't have to do it myself and spend one of my free hits

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Pretty sure it's the guy who is supposed to have the third leg

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
looks like sarah silverman to me

e: oh wait no that's frasier, I don't know who the woman is

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Kennel posted:

Pretty fun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZSMJNee2p4

It's nonsensical enough that I'm willing to buy that it's a real thing and not (heavily) cherry picked.

e. I guess I should also warn that it doesn't contain anything spectacularly amazing, so you won't miss anything if you don't want to listen a youtuber reading random AI nonsense for 15 minutes.

I watched this while high off my rear end and it was the single greatest experience of my life

I like her videos in general and the fact that she uses the same tones, inflection and editing styles in this word salad made it all the funnier

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Background and props are the way to determine a lot of those. Hats, glasses, jewelry are all mushy (or, alternatively, crystal clear and thus telling)

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

this is the best post on SA and it's not even close

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

click for huge

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
It is kept on a very tight in and restrictive leash. The formatting is much more rigorous and leaves much less room for the AI to get creative, or "creative".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

ymgve posted:

Your worth is that you can see when someone tries to sneak something through without putting it on the belt, or when someone puts the barcode of a cheaper item on a more expensive one. Once checkout machines can do that, bye bye job.

(Which is also another retort to "why aren't AIs doing the boring poo poo" - you think capitalism isn't fully on board with automating your boring job? The only reason it hasn't happened yet is that the tech is hard to develop.)

My job is unautomatible :coal:
I'm a stenographer for Social Security, so I'm a speech-to-text bot-- but they don't want AIs doing it for privacy reasons. I used to say my job was completely future-proof but then COIVD shut me down for 2 years