Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

:pcgaming:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That's good but seems generated, not "procedurally" generated. A random algorithm didn't come up with that :(

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Hell yeah. Subredditsimulator is peak generated content.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
:wroomy:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Want some of that praline cheddar swirl.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Lemme tell you, buddy. MMP: Honeymoon is NOT what you'd expect. No spoilers, but Interpol is involved at one point.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That latest "Metal or Pony" post has me in stitches.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I tried mixing my cat with the crystal pepsi logo

But mixing her with a scene from Space Dandy worked much better

Or another cat with a vaporwave sunset

Or my face, with an old stereo receiver faceplate or a crashing wave made of pugs

Queen_Combat has a new favorite as of 06:19 on Jun 14, 2018

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
This space dandy style image is hot fire

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Watching a bunch of recent computerphile videos about neural networks and "deepart"-style stuff, they say that even on the most optimized code so far, downscaling the images, with the 6 or so class-identifiers that are required for the "art" part of it to work out (finding edges, objects, backgrounds, foregrounds, animals/humans, pupils, mouths), it chugs their 8x12GB graphics card machine to a standstill for a few minutes. They speculate that places like deepart get away with doing things in batches on drastically scaled hardware that is shared with a more profit-focused venture. Remember: doubling the dimensions quadruples the pixels and octuples edge-finding algorithms.

Scale all that back to, say, a 2x8GB SLI'd gaming-hardware focused machine on non-server CPUs, and you'd be up poo poo creek with an $8 power bill for half a day.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

This is loving me up yo

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Here's the full video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCBTZh41Ris

A few more sets.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Yo! Norm, and Tiny Shree Kids are the best.

Tag Tennis: The Orders seems like a gritty reboot of the classic sport game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011