Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Powaqoatse posted:

They're basically constrained writing exercises. You can pretty much write anything you want with them or you can make up some rule to choose a specific suggestion every time, but there's very little "generation" going on.
It does generate the pool of suggestions, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Besesoth posted:

It's much simpler than anything else posted here, but I've been fooling around with procedural generation and one of the first things I did was create a script that generates randomized cave maps, by creating a random grid and iteratively smoothing until it looks nice. I'm not sure they'd work for roguelikes - they're not directed enough - but they feel like they could be fun for an exploration platformer like Metroid.

I've got a bot (recently rescued from a crash) posting them here. Some examples:

I don't have any very useful technical criticism because I'm not all that good at such things, but if your bot made some of these at wallpaper sizes I'd throw them into my rotation and enjoy them.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

ToxicFrog posted:

This isn't procedurally generated per se, but it seems like the kind of thing this thread would appreciate: the most unwanted song.

In the 90s, a polling firm sought to quantify what aspects of music people most liked or disliked. Professional musicians then took the "most disliked" list and wrote this 22 minute, 25 movement piece for soprano, tuba, accordion, bagpipes, drum machine and children's choir.

This video shows the score and conductor's notes as the music plays; I highly recommend reading along.
The rap bits on this have some Nina Hagen vibes, I'm kind of digging it.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Hempuli posted:

An AI that could understand/compute the humour value of a thing for some kind of an "average" observer would be needed first for them to be able to object to a specific type of humour. Who'd get to decide the dataset used to teach the AI what is funny?

EDIT: Also check this out:
https://twitter.com/JanelleCShane/status/1072696062127726592
Finally, an algorithm that can replace artists like Greg Land!

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

Retro gaming people are going buckwild about this new image resizing deep learning AI called ESRGAN that can basically do the "computer, enhance" thing for real by being trained on huge pools of images to figure out what should go where when an image is resized and the missing info needs to be filled in.

An entire gallery of similar upscaling applied to different Sierra adventure games
The second image in this post is from this Morrowind texture replacer, so ESRGAN is already being used to make games look better.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I feel like most of those would be tribute bands, and I'm cool with that. Some tribute bands get clever with their names, others get lazy, so it works.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Better than the original, tbh.

talktotransformer feat. Smash Mouth posted:

Somebody once told me
The world is gonna roll me
I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed
She was looking kinda dumb
With her finger and her thumb
In shape of an "L" on her forehead

Well the years start coming
And they don't stop coming
Fed to the rules and I hit the ground running
Didn't make sense
Not to live for fun
Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb
So much to do
So much to see
I can't let it go
I don't have any ideas for those who will not be there
'Cause I don't know what to say
This is why you can't do no justice
This is why you can't do no justice
'Cause you'll lose it
You'll lose it, too
You can't do no justice
So much to do
'Cause you won't have time for it
You won't have time for it
You won't have time for it
'Cause you won

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Signed into my OKCupid profile for the first time in forever and looked through some old messages for prompts.

quote:

I consider myself straight, but you look dang cute!

I'm so confused lol

Now, my best friend

I wanna play some

And I wanna ride your rear end while you're thinking the loving worst

You want to ride your boyfriend like crazy and gently caress me like my little slut

And then tell someone I said it

And tell them you wanna see my sexy face

I wanna watch their hard dick with no balls

I wanna wear that bra and make them hard as hell

And maybe if I'm in my high heels and my pink stockings and my hair made up in my hair

I'll go and dance in a dance with the girls who suck cock

You're gonna want to be with me, but I wouldn't gently caress your dad or your girlfriend

I have too much to handle

I want to go home with you

I have to have some sexy times

I have to be with the ones who know what they're doing

And it's all your fault that you're with your girlfriend

But we'll

quote:

whats a sweden can do to get their farts on? Not a poo poo, and they're going to have to have them checked, to be on the safe side."

He then went on to talk about the media's obsession with this "new world order", because the whole thing has this ridiculous "it's all going to be okay, it's just a matter of time before America finds out what has happened" element to it. It's "not that the FBI has found any evidence of anything; it's just that they're afraid of being discovered". That's just ridiculous. This is a country that has been infiltrated. We know this because it was revealed for the world to see once in 2014, that our government had taken possession of the banking system of the United States from the banksters, with full knowledge that this was not a "peaceful takeover", but had been financed by terrorist financiers, who were actually involved with Al

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Krankenstyle posted:

not bad but its suspiciously coherent :raise:
It's written using the Botnik keyboard, not "really" procedurally generated.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I just hope Hercule Poirot and the Jedi Academy is still canon after the Disney acquisition.

Elentor posted:

Nyssa's Guide to Die
This is excellent, and folks (mostly you, I think?) using those book titles as writing prompts is one of my favourite things about this thread.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

There are only two kinds of food and you will never find the third.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Krankenstyle posted:

it aint bespoke until you submit pictures of your stalkee and get nudes back

this is gonna end up real bad on top of corona and seasons, etc. its hosed.
The "generate nudes of this person" thing already cropped up months ago, and yeah it's pretty hosed up. At least with this thing it's not real people, I guess.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Came across this thing yesterday: Mubert, streaming AI-generated music. Been listening to it all day while working and it's not bad!

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Krankenstyle posted:

While trying to find a non-android stream of Mubert, I found instead this article that speculates some on how it works:
https://medium.com/@metalex9/how-mubert-probably-works-e44de23c45bd

which is written by Alex Bainter who has a website that also creates music where you can select a bunch of "genres":
https://generative.fm
Ooh, interesting! I know enough to mean "machine learning" when I say AI in this context, but should've phrased it better. Anyway it's rad, the fact that you can upload samples yourself and (supposedly) get paid is also rad.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Ruffian Price posted:

It's like I'm reading Brian Eno from the 90s talking about how generative music lasts longer than the sum of its samples runtime again. Machine learning isn't running in circles, but investor storytime definitely is.
I mean, it's true, obviously. That doesn't make it somehow superior to human-made music though. But it's real good for getting a focus-conducive sound blanket going on in my workspace for sure.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Krankenstyle posted:

I'm guessing the "machine learning" part of Mubert is when you click like/dislike it changes the occurrence frequence of the elemental tracks
I'd guess that's part of it, but also looking at the user base as a whole and going "people who like X also often like Y, so try playing more Y to anyone who likes X" and so on. Just going " if user likes X, play that user more X" would be a bit too basic.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Dick Trauma posted:

This is fascinating and as an ambient fan I am problem squarely in the target market. Is there a desktop version?
It looks like there's supposed to be one, but I couldn't find it. Sorry!

For what it's worth, I haven't really enjoyed its ambient stuff so far. Been listening mostly to the streams labeled Chill, Remote Work and Hip-hop. But I'm not super into ambient I guess, so YMMV.

Krankenstyle posted:

Yea, pretty much a bunch of stuff that is technically "machine learning" but is not what people envision when they hear the words (AIs improvising music wholesale)
Well sure, but most people don't know much about ML or AI or any of that beyond what they've seen in science fiction. Which makes AI a very effective marketing buzzword, of course.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I get that the Tony Hawk franchise needed reimagining to become relevant again, but they really should've tried to be at least a little bit consistent. I mean, Tony Hawk's Dream Land 1 & 2 were both incredibly charming, they could've kept going in that vein and done really well. But no, of course they had to switch tracks completely to compete with all the extremely serious shooters of the early 360 era, and it just feels really forced throughout the entire campaign of Tony Hawk's American Wars.

Admittedly we're living in some pretty dystopic times now and it's not all that inconceivable that an overtly fascist US government classifies skateboarding as terrorism, but I don't really buy Bam Margera getting murdered by rollerblade cops just to motivate Tony's revenge quest. And the soundtrack? I get it, I do; that Gears of War trailer hit really well so it makes sense to take after it, but there are limits and commissioning Gary Jules to record melancholy covers of something like 30 skate punk hits goes well past that limit.

At least Tony Hawk's Dream Land 2 is on Switch now. Anyone know how it runs? I got the port of Tomberman 7 that was by the same studio and it runs like rear end, really not surprised that they're running the Gamecube version of that one.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Telling an AI to make a painless world is how you get a universal paperclips-type situation.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

loving fake geek boys, not even finishing their geek dissertations.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Rave.dj is pretty fun, I got one that I think actually works! https://rave.dj/7MmkYSM6QRVZFw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I went looking for some tool to help summarize user agreement documents and found this. The summary wasn't exactly perfect, but I realized I could have more fun with it. Started with the "Trend Micro Global Privacy Notice for Website and Products" and asked it some questions - sorry about the long post, I dunno which parts to cut. tl;dr: fed it a privacy notice, got Cyberpunk 2077.

Rephrase this document in a more futuristic tone posted:

Summary: Futuristic Trend Micro Global Privacy Notice for Website and Products
Welcome to the Trend Micro Global Privacy Notice for our cutting-edge website and innovative products. In this futuristic document, we unveil the advanced measures we take to protect your personal information and ensure a seamless digital experience.

Discover the types of personal information we collect and how we utilize it to enhance your interaction with our website and products. From browsing habits to support services, we prioritize your privacy and security in this technologically advanced era.

Explore the dynamic world of data transfers as we seamlessly process your personal information across borders. Our global organization, equipped with state-of-the-art systems and cross-border capabilities, ensures your data is handled with utmost care and in compliance with international standards.

Unveil the future of data retention as we employ cutting-edge techniques to securely store your information. Whether it's pseudonymization or secure backups, we guarantee your data is protected until its eventual deletion.

Experience the next level of personal information security with our comprehensive measures. From advanced encryption to physical security, we leave no stone unturned in safeguarding your data against unauthorized access, alteration, and destruction.

Stay in control of your communication preferences as we empower you to customize your interaction with us. Choose how you want to engage with our futuristic technologies and stay informed about the latest developments.

Embrace your data protection rights in this futuristic landscape. Discover how you can exercise your rights, such as data access, rectification, erasure, and restriction, as we strive to provide you with a transparent and empowering experience.

Join us on this futuristic journey as we continuously evolve our privacy practices to meet the demands of the digital age. Together, let's shape a future where privacy and innovation go hand in hand.

Try again, but more cyberpunk and less sales pitch posted:

Summary: Cyberpunk-inspired Trend Micro Global Privacy Notice for Website and Products
Welcome to the Trend Micro Global Privacy Notice, a glimpse into the cyberpunk world where privacy and technology collide. In this dystopian landscape, we navigate the intricate web of personal information collection, utilization, and protection to ensure your digital existence remains secure.

Immerse yourself in the dark underbelly of data transfers as we traverse borders and seamlessly process your personal information. Our advanced network of global partners and cutting-edge encryption techniques ensure your data remains hidden from prying eyes.

Witness the evolution of data retention, where your information is stored in encrypted fortresses, shielded from the clutches of unauthorized entities. Our arsenal of futuristic technologies, from pseudonymization to secure backups, safeguards your data until its eventual deletion.

Prepare for the battle against cyber threats as we deploy state-of-the-art measures to protect your personal information. From advanced firewalls to intrusion detection systems, we stand as the last line of defense, shielding you from the relentless onslaught of malicious actors.

Take control of your communication preferences in this cyberpunk world. Customize your interaction with us, opting for encrypted channels and anonymous communication, ensuring your digital footprint remains hidden from prying eyes.

Embrace your data protection rights as a cyberpunk warrior. Exercise your rights to access, rectify, and erase your personal information, reclaiming control over your digital identity in this dystopian realm.

Join us in this cyberpunk revolution, where privacy and technology intertwine. Together, let's forge a future where personal information remains secure amidst the chaos of the digital frontier.

Pitch a video game in this setting posted:

Video Game Pitch: "Data Nexus: Cyber Privacy Wars"
Welcome to the dark and immersive world of "Data Nexus: Cyber Privacy Wars," a thrilling video game set in a dystopian cyberpunk future. In this action-packed adventure, you'll navigate the treacherous landscape of data privacy and security, fighting against powerful corporations and cybercriminals to protect the digital identities of the oppressed.

As a skilled hacker and privacy advocate, you'll join an underground resistance group known as "The Guardians." Armed with advanced cybernetic enhancements and cutting-edge hacking tools, you'll infiltrate corporate strongholds, breach encrypted databases, and expose the truth hidden within the vast digital networks.

Explore sprawling neon-lit cityscapes, each with its own unique challenges and secrets. Engage in high-stakes stealth missions, where every move and decision can mean the difference between success and capture. Hack into secure systems, bypass intricate security protocols, and extract valuable data while evading relentless AI security programs.

Uncover a gripping narrative filled with corporate conspiracies, government surveillance, and personal vendettas. Encounter memorable characters, each with their own motivations and secrets, as you navigate a morally ambiguous world where trust is a rare commodity.

Customize your character's cybernetic enhancements, skills, and hacking abilities to suit your playstyle. Upgrade your arsenal of futuristic weapons and gadgets, from electrifying cyber-daggers to devastating EMP grenades, to overcome formidable enemies and security systems.

Engage in intense multiplayer battles, where you'll compete against other players in high-stakes hacking competitions and cyber warfare. Test your skills in fast-paced, strategic multiplayer modes, where teamwork and tactical thinking are essential for victory.

"Data Nexus: Cyber Privacy Wars" combines thrilling gameplay, immersive storytelling, and a visually stunning cyberpunk world to deliver an unforgettable gaming experience. Are you ready to fight for privacy, expose the truth, and become a legendary hacker in this cyberpunk revolution? The future of digital freedom is in your hands.

Who are the main antagonists of this game? posted:

In "Data Nexus: Cyber Privacy Wars," the main antagonists are the powerful corporations and their enigmatic leaders who control the dystopian cyberpunk world. These corporations, driven by greed and a thirst for power, seek to exploit and manipulate personal data for their own gain, disregarding the privacy and rights of individuals.

The primary antagonist could be a ruthless CEO of a mega-corporation, a charismatic and manipulative figure who operates from the shadows, pulling the strings of the city's surveillance systems and manipulating public opinion. This antagonist represents the embodiment of corporate control and the erosion of privacy.

Additionally, players may encounter formidable cybercriminal organizations that thrive in the underground, using their hacking skills and resources to exploit vulnerabilities in the system. These groups, driven by their own agendas, pose a significant threat to both the corporations and the player's mission to protect privacy.

Throughout the game, players will face off against powerful AI security programs, advanced drones, and heavily armed corporate security forces. These adversaries serve as the physical manifestations of the corporations' determination to maintain their grip on power and suppress any resistance.

As the player delves deeper into the game's narrative, they will uncover the intricate web of alliances, betrayals, and hidden agendas that exist within the world of "Data Nexus: Cyber Privacy Wars." The main antagonists will challenge the player's skills, determination, and moral compass as they fight to expose the truth and restore privacy to the oppressed masses.

What genre of game is this? posted:

The genre of "Data Nexus: Cyber Privacy Wars" is a combination of action-adventure, stealth, and role-playing. The game incorporates elements of hacking, exploration, combat, and immersive storytelling within a cyberpunk setting. Players will engage in intense action sequences, stealthy infiltration missions, and character development as they navigate the complex world of data privacy and corporate control. The game offers a mix of gameplay styles, allowing players to choose their approach to challenges, whether it be through hacking, combat, or strategic decision-making.