Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Hey guys

Rams are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DariusLikewise posted:

Hey guys

Rams are good
Hey so are the Jaguars! But the Rams beat the Jaguars :(

Joey Freshwater posted:

There are hotels that you can rent out for a week at a time for pretty cheap, sleeping in a car wasn’t his only option.
Agreed.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I can't get a good gif out of this...but it needs to be shared and probably avatar'd because it was that good...

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/saltyrevolvinghydatidtapeworm

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
^^ How much did it drop after last night? 43 yards, I think?

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Re: Jaydon Mickens sleeping in his car for a few weeks as a PS member: He said he was leery of damaging his credit and/or wasting a ton of money if he signed a lease on an apt and then got cut the next day. He knew how volatile being on the Practice Squad can be and signing something abnormal like a one month lease can be appallingly expensive.

Not saying I would not have tried to do something better than sleeping in my car, but I can understand why he didnt immediately go sign a year lease on an apt.

They need a thing like the minor leagues where they stay with a host family.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

I'm surprised some teams don't have on on-site or at least close by "dorm" of some sort for practice squad guys as part of their contract.

I mean, I'm not really surprised because lol NFL but it would be a good idea.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

wandler20 posted:

Honey do you mind if Johnny Manziel sleeps in the rec room for a few nights?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Honey do you mind if Johnny Manziel sleeps in the rec room for a few nights?

Who says no?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

wandler20 posted:

Yeah, it was a bad bad night. But it gave us that graphic, GET loving SET, and a fat guy falling so I feel like it was a pretty great MNF game.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Hey so are the Jaguars! But the Rams beat the Jaguars :(

Jags/Rams would be the best Super Bowl imo

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

weird Asian candy posted:

Yeah, it was a bad bad night. But it gave us that graphic, GET loving SET, and a fat guy falling so I feel like it was a pretty great MNF game.

I need a video of GET FUCKIGN SET

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

I need a video of GET FUCKIGN SET

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJvJcFhv3CA

And the remix...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNI6pMW2zNE

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

It was the most entertaining Bucs game in months, despite the loss. Well, other than everyone being dead.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I can't get a good gif out of this...but it needs to be shared and probably avatar'd because it was that good...

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/saltyrevolvinghydatidtapeworm

I wish I could be a football graphics person, I would just make the dumbest poo poo to show during games constantly

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/DCarr8/status/942620784060534784

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Alaois posted:

you're loving dumb as hell

Nah. There needs to be clear cut rules to apply to these situations that can be called on the fly and potentially determined in 90 seconds. The current rule leads to a few bad outcomes, but the outcomes are correct according to the rules.

A lot of other proposed ideas including the old football move standard may result in some of the current bad results going in a way that people want, but at the same time introduce their own problems.

I'm not arguing that the current rule is perfect, but rather is a better rule given the current setup of the game. It is better to have rigid rules than to give room for interpretation.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Alaois posted:

How dare you be rude to Mr. Nice! He's so nice! It's in his name!

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Yeah he doesn't include the part where an offensive player has to touch it again but I'm super salty still

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Some other Packers fans have reminded me that this isn't even the first time Thomas Davis annihilated a Packers receiver. He ended the career of Terrence Murphy in 2005 by crushing him on a kickoff return.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2417145

quote:

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- The Green Bay Packers have released wide receiver Terrence Murphy after he failed to recover from a bruised spinal cord sustained in a game against Carolina last Oct. 3 when he was hit helmet-to-helmet by the Panthers' Thomas Davis on a kickoff return.

Two games were not enough. If the NFL is actually serious about stopping hits like these, they have to be severe with the punishments. Four games first offense, whole season second offense, expulsion from the NFL third offense. That's how you get players to stop. Two games, one game, they'll just not worry about it until it actually does happen, then they'll talk about how they totally didn't mean to hurt someone and they're full of regret.

The NFL is not serious about stopping hits like these.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Alaois posted:

I wanna visit his food truck irl

I was in Vegas over the weekend and thought about betting on the Jags to win it all but I cheaped out :saddowns:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

And yeah i'm probably a moron but still there needs to be as much subjective bias removed as possible to a situation. The process rule does occasional bad outcomes but provides a quickly applicable and clear cut standard.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

piss tape israel posted:

I wanna visit his food truck irl

I was in Vegas over the weekend and thought about betting on the Jags to win it all but I cheaped out :saddowns:
You will regret this!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Quick Reads. Rookie RBs are good, especially Kamara.

Also #1 :eyepop:

Also also :lol: at this stat:

quote:

Foles practically spent the entire game in the red zone. Inside the New York 20, he went 9-of-13 for 56 yards and all four touchdowns. Jacoby Brissett has started 13 games and has only thrown four red zone touchdowns all year.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Barnwell proposed convening a panel of half ex-WR's and half ex-DB's, who would immediately vote on questionable receptions.

Basically, the "do 50 drunks in a bar agree on X", standard for NFL rules.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Mega64 posted:

lol there's no chance there were 10 quarterbacks who played worse than Bryce Petty this week.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kalli posted:

Barnwell proposed convening a panel of half ex-WR's and half ex-DB's, who would immediately vote on questionable receptions.

Basically, the "do 50 drunks in a bar agree on X", standard for NFL rules.

barnwell is a stupid hack with inflated self worth because he finally put down the twinkies

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mega64 posted:

ahaha and Bortles is up for the Fedex Air player of the week, go vote for him TFF, I have to see this happen: http://www.nfl.com/voting/players-air-and-ground/2017/REG/15

Nov 6, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

lol there's no chance there were 10 quarterbacks who played worse than Bryce Petty this week.

How bad does Bryce Petty have to be before we get a look at Hack? Could he throw 5 INTs and still stay in a game?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

How bad does Bryce Petty have to be before we get a look at Hack? Could he throw 5 INTs and still stay in a game?
GIve up the dream man. Hack is never going to take a snap for the Jets.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
as a patriots fan i still think the catch rule is dumb, but the steelers lost any sympathy when afterwards they decided to hurriedly run a play with 10 seconds and no timeouts then throw the ball into a guy surrounded by five defenders

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mega64 posted:

lol TJ Yates finished with -46 DYAR despite being gifted 89 DYAR due to opponent adjustment

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Stats of all the QBs Jeff Fisher had throw passes for him in 5 years on the Rams lol

Nov 6, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

GIve up the dream man. Hack is never going to take a snap for the Jets.

I have never wished injury on a player before, but maybe Petty could get the flu or a really bad cramp.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Mr. Nice! posted:

And yeah i'm probably a moron but still there needs to be as much subjective bias removed as possible to a situation. The process rule does occasional bad outcomes but provides a quickly applicable and clear cut standard.

Even with the strict interpretation of the rule, it's still subject to the people ruling on it, and in this instance ( and others), it lead to a game changing outcome with significant consequences. It's not good optics, and the rule has caused more problems than it has solved

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

N: Packers Eliminated

V: Fire Dom Capers

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

little munchkin posted:

as a patriots fan i still think the catch rule is dumb, but the steelers lost any sympathy when afterwards they decided to hurriedly run a play with 10 seconds and no timeouts then throw the ball into a guy surrounded by five defenders

Fair, but there was both uncalled defensive holding by Rowe, and uncalled offsides by 2 Pats players, so you get no concessions from me

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Fair, but there was both uncalled defensive holding by Rowe, and uncalled offsides by 2 Pats players, so you get no concessions from me

wahh

there are missed calls in literally every football game ever who cares. let me know when it's a 15 yarder that goes uncalled

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Turdsdown Tom posted:

wahh

there are missed calls in literally every football game ever who cares. let me know when it's a 15 yarder that goes uncalled

Lol you Pats fans really hate hearing that the refs handed you a game, even after giving up a 69 yard catch and run, setting up the go-ahead score with under 30 seconds left in the game. It literally took taking points off of the scoreboard for you to win. Nothing is going to change that

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Lol you Pats fans really hate hearing that the refs handed you a game, even after giving up a 69 yard catch and run, setting up the go-ahead score with under 30 seconds left in the game. It literally took taking points off of the scoreboard for you to win. Nothing is going to change that

you sound mad bro try being less passive-aggressive angry, we can all see right through it (and you)

if you just accept the angry we can begin to move onto the coping

barnold fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Dec 19, 2017

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Turdsdown Tom posted:

you sound mad bro try being less passive-aggressive angry, we can all see right through it (and you)

What part of that post was passive? Can't possibly be more direct with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm still sad the meteor didn't win.

• Locked thread