Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
That Buffalo face is definitely avatar material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Turdsdown Tom posted:

my favorite thing about this image is that febreeze seemingly took the time to make sure that Tom has a gratuitously sized package for Eli to kick

To me, these balls are perfect

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

I wonder who this "DK" guy is who is drawing this poo poo. Tom should be able to pay someone much more talented money to come up with something decent.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Santa must be ripping a nasty fart.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
No crocodile no sale.

Nov 6, 2002

GaussianCopula posted:

I wonder who this "DK" guy is who is drawing this poo poo. Tom should be able to pay someone much more talented money to come up with something decent.

Every post more wrong than the last.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
What's the difference between a team claiming him and seeing if they can sign him if he clears waivers?
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/945403332612550657

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

GobiasIndustries posted:

What's the difference between a team claiming him and seeing if they can sign him if he clears waivers?
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/945403332612550657

If they claim him they take over his current contract - if they sign him later he they have to negotiate a new contract.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

GaussianCopula posted:

If they claim him they take over his current contract - if they sign him later he they have to negotiate a new contract.

ah gotcha. Will be interesting to see where he ends up

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

GobiasIndustries posted:

ah gotcha. Will be interesting to see where he ends up

Given the situation - on his couch or a TV set.

Nov 6, 2002

Yes, yes James Harrison is definitely going to join a profession he respects and be a media personality.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Deebo can't cover anymore, even in zone, so every time he sees the field it's a telegraphed pass rush.

Also, his contract was minimal, so he didn't clear waivers due to that

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/945431178814939136

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

definitely traded the wrong qb

Not sure how NE will feel about this in 2-3 years when Brady is retired or has finally hit the wall. Brady definitely gives them the better shot to win 1 more Super Bowl. And Belichick probably doesn’t care about the future. He’s hitched his wagon to Brady and will probably not hang on much longer after he retires.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Slowpoke! posted:

Not sure how NE will feel about this in 2-3 years when Brady is retired or has finally hit the wall. Brady definitely gives them the better shot to win 1 more Super Bowl. And Belichick probably doesn’t care about the future. He’s hitched his wagon to Brady and will probably not hang on much longer after he retires.

Tom has a super brain because of his trainers.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

:f5:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
There is no way the owners don't have long email chains were they flat out talk about this poo poo.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yes but unless Hillary Clinton is the NFL's sysadmin no way in hell will they still exist in any discoverable form

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yes but unless Hillary Clinton is the NFL's sysadmin no way in hell will they still exist in any discoverable form

Lol if you think NFL owners know how to get rid of emails securely

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

CyberPingu posted:

Wouldn't the Seahawks owner be pretty set in that department?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

CyberPingu posted:

Surely a bunch of old white dudes understand how electronic communications work.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

Pretty much

Whole lot of dumb football fans putting a lot of confidence in dumb old white men to be technologically savvy

"Smart enough to know computers, not smart enough to not be racist in 2017"

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

look at how half of these teams are run and tell me these guys are smart enough to delete emails

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

if john podesta didn't know how to email correctly, there is no way the moronic cabal known as nfl ownership can

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

PupsOfWar posted:

if john podesta didn't know how to email correctly, there is no way the moronic cabal known as nfl ownership can

Paul Allen Co-founded Microsoft.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
aren't the seahawks one of the few teams that openly are for Kap though

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Tae posted:

And brought him in for a workout then signed Austin Davis instead.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Tae posted:

Tom Brady is on record saying that he deserves another shot in the league so yay.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Flikken posted:

And brought him in for a workout then signed Austin Davis instead.

iirc there wasn't enough cap for kap

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I think even if Jimmy GQ is the better quarterback of the future, you've got to go down with Brady. He's the greatest of all time. It'd be sacrilege to let him go. The dynasty started with Brady, it should end with Brady.

I'm aware I'm a fan of a team that let the HoFer go early in favor of the younger quarterback. The contrast here is Brady isn't bouncing back and forth between retirement and active duty -- in fact he's in the midst of a MVP season. If he was pulling what Favre was pulling then yeah let him go and focus on Jimmy.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think even if Jimmy GQ is the better quarterback of the future, you've got to go down with Brady. He's the greatest of all time. It'd be sacrilege to let him go. The dynasty started with Brady, it should end with Brady.

I'm aware I'm a fan of a team that let the HoFer go early in favor of the younger quarterback. The contrast here is Brady isn't bouncing back and forth between retirement and active duty -- in fact he's in the midst of a MVP season. If he was pulling what Favre was pulling then yeah let him go and focus on Jimmy.

Brady is also on another level than Favre was

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Flikken posted:

Paul Allen Co-founded Microsoft.

He didn't Co-found emails :colbert:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

He didn't Co-found emails :colbert:

Are you saying he knows Benjamin Ghazi?

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Just watched A Football Life on Amazon about Warren Sapp. I could drive to his old house in 15 minutes.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

nerve posted:

Brady is also on another level than Favre was

Brady also doesn’t doesn’t have fun out there. He’s a goddamn robot with human flesh.

gently caress Tom Brady.

Nov 6, 2002

Winning is the most fun of all.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

latinotwink1997 posted:

Brady also doesn’t doesn’t have fun out there. He’s a goddamn robot with human flesh.

gently caress Tom Brady.

I disagree. I think tom brady has fun doing exactly two things - spending time with his family and playing football well. if he's not doing either of those I think he's miserable.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/jstaley74/status/945515770074640384

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Michael Lombardi prefers Jimmy G over Carr?

Sorry for the kiss of death there Niners fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
While I love Jimmy G and believe he is the real deal, I would wait with a judgement of the trade for at least another season. We have seen time and time again QBs, of whom the opponent has little to no film, being great but reverting down to the mean once opposing defenses have a better level of understanding and in the case of Jimmy G he is not some rookie playing his first snaps in the NFL but is in his 4th season after being on the same team as Brady and being coached by Belichick for his first 3.5 seasons and starting a couple of games.

Same goes for Brady, who has thrown a 6 picks in his last 5 games. We have no clue whether he has hit the wall/will hit the wall next season or play for another 5 years.

And if we want to judge the trade, we have to factor in that the participants had no possibility of knowing what happened to those 2 QBs down the line. Add in to that the structure of Tom's contract (very affordable for a franchise QB but big cap hit if you cut him early), his importance to the Patriots franchise and the owner and you can easily see why not one side won the trade but it was a win-win situation.

• Locked thread