Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
The catch rule was applied correctly, but that doesn't mean that the catch rule isn't dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

What part of that post was passive? Can't possibly be more direct with you

you're not very assertive so every post you make just sort of comes out like a quiet, squeaky fart. if you're gonna meltdown, do it properly, for the good of all TFF this holiday season

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Turdsdown Tom posted:

you're not very assertive so every post you make just sort of comes out like a quiet, squeaky fart. if you're gonna meltdown, do it properly, for the good of all TFF this holiday season

Oh so you’re this years crappy playoff poster

Edit in case you get confused -> I’m directly saying you’re a lovely poster

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Kalli posted:

Barnwell proposed convening a panel of half ex-WR's and half ex-DB's, who would immediately vote on questionable receptions.

Basically, the "do 50 drunks in a bar agree on X", standard for NFL rules.

This would be a lot of fun, so hell lets do it

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Amy Pole Her posted:

Oh so you’re this years crappy playoff poster

woah woah woah, let's take it easy there, it's not the playoffs.....yet

I have a loving Tom Brady avatar, it's not like I'm pulling any punches with my shitposting. you know what you signed up for when you clicked "quote"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/942872318807826432

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Turdsdown Tom posted:

Lmao you assholes really think you deserved that win hahaha

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

i have an idea

what if we just got rid of reviewing the plays

i don't think there would be any more or less upset people or missed calls, and the games would be a lot faster and better to watch

They should try a preseason game like this

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
the mighty Chiefs and strong Alex Smith will take down the Pats in January

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Do you think the NFL would do well to create the old pigskin out of a different material, such as pig skin, or a heavy foam

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Lmao you assholes really think you deserved that win hahaha

if you've read the forums over the past 24 hours maybe you'd have seen that literally nobody thinks we deserved that win. not even Pats fans think we deserved that poo poo. but you like to :justpost: so I know you wouldn't know that

like what loving alternate universe are you living in where you think people are saying that? lmao. nice cognitive dissonance

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

anyway my views are that Blake Bortles is good, and so is Jimmy G. I am excited to watch Jaguars in the playoffs on behalf of my cousin stationed in Florida right now

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Even with the strict interpretation of the rule, it's still subject to the people ruling on it, and in this instance ( and others), it lead to a game changing outcome with significant consequences. It's not good optics, and the rule has caused more problems than it has solved

You don't understand what subjective means in this context. There isn't a subjective nature to the current rule. If you go to the ground in the process of catching you must maintain possession throughout.

Also you feel that it's only caused problems because you don't notice all the situations where any of the proposed rules or the old rules would have problems.

Like every game there are catches that are clearly ruled as not catches by the standard that go without any fanfare that would become ambiguous and game changing.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Lol you Pats fans really hate hearing that the refs handed you a game, even after giving up a 69 yard catch and run, setting up the go-ahead score with under 30 seconds left in the game. It literally took taking points off of the scoreboard for you to win. Nothing is going to change that

why would we hate hearing that? it owns. you guys lost in pretty much several of the most infuriating ways possible, at once. you lost to a last minute brady nonsense in a game you dominated AND to an obnoxious rule AND to your quarterback throwing to the entire patriots secondary at once leading to a game-sealing interception on a game you had going to overtime at a bare minimum locked down.

its so glorious that we can be like lol yeah that's a terrible rule it should be fixed because that makes it better

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Turdsdown Tom posted:

woah woah woah, let's take it easy there, it's not the playoffs.....yet

I have a loving Tom Brady avatar, it's not like I'm pulling any punches with my shitposting. you know what you signed up for when you clicked "quote"

Lol ok you actually won me over. Well played

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also you feel that it's only caused problems because you don't notice all the situations where any of the proposed rules or the old rules would have problems.

Like every game there are catches that are clearly ruled as not catches by the standard that go without any fanfare that would become ambiguous and game changing.

Yeah, this is what I was trying to say earlier before getting sucked into shitposting.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

evilweasel posted:

why would we hate hearing that? it owns. you guys lost in pretty much several of the most infuriating ways possible, at once. you lost to a last minute brady nonsense in a game you dominated AND to an obnoxious rule AND to your quarterback throwing to the entire patriots secondary at once leading to a game-sealing interception on a game you had going to overtime at a bare minimum locked down.

its so glorious that we can be like lol yeah that's a terrible rule it should be fixed because that makes it better

I've been waiting for this turn since Sunday, but sadly everyone else is rules lawyering, and you are in fact the 1st person to say this

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

evilweasel posted:

I like this take. :buddy:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

All i wanted for Christmas was for the miserable Nice Guy Pats Poster routine to be exposed for the fraud it is. Thanks, evilweasel

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Fair, but there was both uncalled defensive holding by Rowe, and uncalled offsides by 2 Pats players, so you get no concessions from me

oh, in that case it was actually really smart of roethlisberger to throw the ball into quintuple coverage

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/19/mark-cuban-not-interested-in-panthers-as-league-is-in-decline/

quote:

According to Brad Townsend of the Dallas Morning News, Cuban said Monday he’s not interested in the Panthers, or any other NFL team.

“Why would I buy an NFL team if I think the league is in decline?” Cuban said.

Cuban believes the NFL has overextended itself and over saturated its product. He thinks the upcoming move of the Raiders to Las Vegas is a bad idea, and has several other observations about the state of the league as well.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

little munchkin posted:

as a patriots fan i still think the catch rule is dumb, but the steelers lost any sympathy when afterwards they decided to hurriedly run a play with 10 seconds and no timeouts then throw the ball into a guy surrounded by five defenders
Yeah, not sure why they didn't just spike the ball to stop the clock, take the three points and send it to overtime.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

He's not wrong

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

piss tape israel posted:

Yeah, not sure why they didn't just spike the ball to stop the clock, take the three points and send it to overtime.

Running a play was the smart thing to do, but the second it was as obviously dead as that play was he should've spiked it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

piss tape israel posted:

I think Ben was supposed to throw the ball away if it didn't work, so they were getting one final chance to win and then take it into overtime on the next down. But instead he threw it to the guy covered by five people.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
It’s a brain fart worthy of Kirk Cousins

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

My god, I can only get so erect.

It is never going to last so I am just enjoying it while I can. I seriously hope he wins the Fedex Air player of the week because the takes will be so great.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

iospace posted:

I'm still sad the meteor didn't win.

Proof that God hates us all.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

meteor wouldn't take out Tom.

It'd impact, massive devastation, horrific viscera everywhere, and Tom would just be sitting at ground zero motioning for a flag.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

"Roughing the passer: Meteor number 78, 15 yard penalty, automatic first down" - Tony Corrente from beyond the grave.

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

meteor wouldn't take out Tom.

It'd impact, massive devastation, horrific viscera everywhere, and Tom would just be sitting at ground zero motioning for a flag.

Luke versus the First Order in Last Jedi

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

:xd: This was my first thought.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Tom Brady looks over at the opposing sideline, See ya around, kid

Nov 6, 2002

Is Revis actually playing?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Yeah he is. Looked terrible in his first game back against the Jets after playing just the 1st half, looked great against Oakland playing a big snapload while Peters was suspended, and played decent against the Chargers. He's basically a CB3/4 with Peters/Nelson and Mitchell all getting more snaps

the main benefit of signing Revis is that Phillip Gaines has been a healthy scratch since, which is vital to the Chiefs chances of winning a game

Pron on VHS fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 19, 2017

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
Anybody got a video of those 2 Bucs missing Matt Ryan and going helmet to helmet on each other instead?

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Spoeank posted:

Tom Brady looks over at the opposing sideline, See ya around, kid

Only if the same thing happens in the end.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Joey Freshwater posted:

There are hotels that you can rent out for a week at a time for pretty cheap, sleeping in a car wasn’t his only option.

Yeah, you can find an extended stay hotel for under $400 for the week. If he splits it with a teammate that's better. It's also a tax write-off.

I can be frugal as gently caress but this wasn't a situation where he had no choice but to sleep in his car. Weird story.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
I’m terrified dlink is pushing on because we all know once you hit 12 days of Meltdown everybody starts agreeing with and respecting you. I can take anything but that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

N: Jimmy G

V: Bitch

• Locked thread