Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Have the Packers considered firing Mike McCarthy too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Now I want my team to hire Joe Thomas as head coach the day he retires

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Also the current owner still gets to pick who to sell to and Jerry Richardson would cut his own nutsack off before he would sell his team to a black rapper.

Also also the other NFL owners have to approve any sale and lol.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I miss Rodney Harrison in 2004 screaming about how no one believes in them, ignoring the fact that they had just won 2 of the last 3 Super Bowls.

They kinda sorta were though. Pretty much every NFL covering media person on earth was really really eager to crown Peyton Manning's rear end during those years

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

There are like 18 teams that are desperate for a good quarterback, Keenum is going to get paid huge.

If I were running the Vikings I'd grimace and let him walk, probably. The dude turns 30 in two months and 2017 was very likely his career year.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

sharknado slashfic posted:

This leads to the Joe Flacco Experience.

Which every Ravens fan except the obvious one will tell you was totally worth it

also I have no idea what the Vikings' cap situation is but I imagine they will franchise him if it's possible for them to do so

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Randaconda posted:

Flacco isn't an all time great or anything, but the Ravens could do a hell of a lot worse.

Not really. By DVOA you could do worse with the following quarterbacks who have at least 200 attempts this year:

* Trevor Siemian
* DeShone Kizer

Flacco's 33rd out of 35. The rest of his stats are in the same neighborhood. He sucks real bad. And the Ravens are stuck with him for at least another two years unless they clear a poo poo-ton of cap space to eat an accelerated hit from releasing him.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I for one find the Stockholm Syndrome Ravens fans have developed with respect to Joe Flacco highly amusing. He sucks.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The Ravens will 100% claim Harrison if no one beats them to it

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Tomlin is a pretty good and probably mildly underrated coach, inasmuch as he's pretty bad on game day (and he continues Cowher's tradition of being utterly inflexible) but he's pretty drat good at identifying and coaching up good players.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

On one hand Roethlisberger is a ridiculous selfish drama queen in addition to being a reprehensible human being

On the other hand Haley sucks at his job in addition to also being a complete rear end in a top hat

So

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The 49ers have plenty of cap space to franchise Jimmy G if they need to, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Yes but unless Hillary Clinton is the NFL's sysadmin no way in hell will they still exist in any discoverable form

• Locked thread