Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
the mighty Chiefs and strong Alex Smith will take down the Pats in January

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
It’s a brain fart worthy of Kirk Cousins

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Yeah he is. Looked terrible in his first game back against the Jets after playing just the 1st half, looked great against Oakland playing a big snapload while Peters was suspended, and played decent against the Chargers. He's basically a CB3/4 with Peters/Nelson and Mitchell all getting more snaps

the main benefit of signing Revis is that Phillip Gaines has been a healthy scratch since, which is vital to the Chiefs chances of winning a game

Pron on VHS fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 19, 2017

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I didn’t even realize Henry got hurt on Saturday, was it from a bad hit?i guess that explains why I kept seeing old rear end Derrick Johnson limping after fellow AARP member Antonio Gates

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Sabby Piscatelli

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Rivers is 100% the better QB, there's no question at all. Besides poor mobility and an inability to extend plays, Rivers is a complete QB who can the do the rest at an elite level. Smith struggles at a lot of stuff.

But if we compare their 2017 seasons, it's not crazy to think Smith has played a lot better:

Rivers statline:
3838 Yards - 62.2% Completed - 24/10 TD/INT - 2.0% INT PCT - 7.6 AY/A - 93.8 QB Rating

Smith statline:
3738 Yards - 67.8% Completed - 25/5 TD/INT - 1.1% INT PCT - 8.6 AY/A - 105.4 QB Rating

Smith's statline is certainly a lot better than Rivers, while Rivers has thrown for 100 more yards Smith has a full extra yard of AY/A, which is pretty neat because its Alex Smith we are talking about. Smith has had 2 BRUTAL games (the Buffalo and Giants games were two of his worst as a Chief, and are probably up there in his career worst games) but the rest of the season he has been really good. I was calling for Mahomes to start after watching those 2 games, and I feel a little foolish about it now.

I do think a lot of Smith's season has to do with Hill and Kelce developing into really elite, blue-chip pass catchers

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

a neat cape posted:

Voting was also done while the Chargers were on a year and Rivers was the reason why

Yeah I don’t have a real problem with Rivers over Smith in the Pro Bowl, just wanted to give Smith’s 2017 season a little love because he’s playing his last couple of games as a Chief

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
The Chiefs will beat both Pittsburgh and NE in the playoffs

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I say this for almost every player who I recognize but

Chiefs should sign Harrison, Dee Ford is on IR and Tamba Hali is more old and broken than Harrison

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://twitter.com/jasonlacanfora/status/944952713091088384

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots