Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
i worked at this remote-as-gently caress place repairing an antenna in a big dumb ball back in 2008 and it belonged to Mr. Bigelow and all it goddamn did was downlink a feed of earth from some stupid satellite he owned. the quality sucked too. Meanwhile he was jerking off over space blimps and now aliens I guess.

that's my story

https://www.nasa.gov/directorates/heo/scan/services/overview/AntennaGallery-016.html (the photo doesn't show the bigelow radome to the left)

p.s. if someone finds it on google maps i will be grateful. i can't find it for some reason and no it isn't the "alaska satellite facility" at the fairbanks uni, that's just where they store some data for the other dishes there. the installation is in north pole, ak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread