Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

been reading A Very Thin Line, Theodore Draper's exhaustive accounting of the Iran-contra affairs and it's sick. I can't remember the last historical account like this I've read that has such meticulous accounting on an almost day-by-day basis of the entire process. I've started taking notes to remember all the names passing money between intermediaries and across country borders. I'm glad somebody sifted through the 50k+ pages of publicized testimonials and records to present such a thorough critique of the donor class's ability to effortlessly step in to float American imperial policy making when Congress denied the WH the usual legal methods.

this is the first book of his I've read so I'll probably check out more since my local library branch is accepting remote pick up/drop off requests now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i started reading Nixonland, only a chapter in but it seems excellent. kinda wanna pause and just start with his Goldwater book...I think I saw nixonland mentioned in this thread somewhere so :thanks: for the rec