Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
ive been reading woody allen's book getting even

the gossage/vardebedian chess by mail piece is funny and reminds me of playing pax impera: eminent domain with a friend over local lan and getting desynced and not noticing until like 4 hours later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Epic High Five posted:

he adopted an underage girl for the purposes of loving her and making him his wife

oh

well i guess I can switch to Giant of the Senate, ive heard its got some gripping prose

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i got a copy of blood on the shores, a book based on the memoirs of viktor leonov who was a twice hero of the soviet union during ww2. been out of print for years

dude did naval commando poo poo from norway to korea

should be neat

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

TheDon01 posted:

Well finished Forever War. Fantastic, probably one of the best scifi books ive ever read.

Anyone read the sequels/side books?

forever peace is v good

not as good as forever war but not much is

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

TheDon01 posted:

Right on, ill go find a copy. The philisophical stuff was great but i just got a hunger for more shooty spacemen, weird aliens and relativity fuckery. Hell right now Id sit down and read just a timeline of what all happened on earth in those thousandish years.

forever peace has no aliens and very little sci fi fuckery and isnt set in the same world

its a more grounded story about attaining partial post-scarcity and living within the violence of people leveraging that over others and pacifism

the only real connection is the author and the general theme of "war bad"