Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

anyone got a good rec on a mao bio or history of the chinese rev? looking to read up on that after i finish fidel’s autobio and deutscher’s trotsky vol 1 (maybe i should finish the rest of trot though, great summation of the man and the era/history so far)

meisner's "mao's china" is essential imo. i think there's a revision that adds "and after" and expands on it, also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Epic High Five posted:

Kim Stanley Robinson was just recently on Pod drat America to discuss his incredible (reading but not finished yet) book The Ministry for the Future, and reaffirmed my love of him by exactly elaborating my own opinions on the book Solaris versus the movie Solaris. I highly recommend both (the podcast and the book, not the movie which is boring trash)

His argument that nothing he writes is actually insane because soviet-bloc and adjacent writers were way crazier is one I'm extremely lmao about

dissing tarkovsky like this.. man