Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

mike12345 posted:

Is there anything from Hitchens worth reading? I figure it's some light ranting, good enough for a car drive. Yes, no?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Missionary_Position:_Mother_Teresa_in_Theory_and_Practice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Epic High Five posted:

just getting into the Culture novels, starting with The Player of Games, and boy I really hope the Marxist contempt of all things not communism keeps up.

I just re-read the entire series. The only problem is that it’s heteronormative space communism instead of gay space communism.

Jeff Bezos is such a fan that he’s funding a giant series with no expectation of a financial return. I do not understand this at all.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

VideoTapir posted:

Neptune's Brood by Charles Stross has interstellar colonization as a ponzi scheme driven by cryptocurrency, which is then collapsed by FTL travel.

Oh god I loved that book. I also forgot I read it until that summary.