Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

DarkHorse posted:

Agreed, on all points Simon and otherwise. I kept wondering why low numbers kept showing up. Maybe they’re bailing on the future?

The thing is that the nature of what they created kind of makes them obsolete. Why do you need high level programmers lying around in the future? They made a transdimensional AI system that operates orders of magnitude beyond what they are capable of. They might need engineers to keep the Director running, maybe some people to work on other projects the future might have, but by and large they hardest part of their job in the future is over. That's in general. In specific it's all related to Faction tomfoolery. Grace came back to save the Director, those others were sent back because Grace and those people were the only ones that could have brought the Director offline for the Faction in the first place, so the Director got rid of all of them to flush out the traitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
The day it aired already passed so, you know, go buck wild.

• Locked thread