Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Evil Fluffy posted:

And For anyone who didn't look at 7* Santa Roselia (in JP, but maybe we'll see her next year), let me introduce you to her base 7* skill, Holy Revive:
(Available Turn 1) 5 Turn Cooldown: AoE 3 Turn Auto-Revive with 80% HP & AoE ~4500 HP Heal w/ 25x Mod split over 3 Turns & AoE ~130 MP Heal w/ 0.1x Mod split over 3 Turns

Why yes I would like to spend the first couple turns of literally every hard fight being with an auto-revive and heavy hp/mp regen. :eyepop:

Much like the previous GL Exclusives that were ported over to JP, Santa Roselia is a completely different character. Our version will not have a 7* form because she is a 4* base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Important Tip: Even if people tell you Grim Lord Sakura will be fiiiine it has like 15 SPR it'll melt anyway...

DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM.

What a waste of 50 energy. Sigh.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
For those interested in nice pictures:

For a friend, I took another Queen who was geared slightly better (genji glove makes a pretty big difference) but basic concept the same.
- Reset a couple times until the results were Ling and Ayaka dead
- The two Queens did more than enough damage with Devastate+2 to kill the bird (it didn't really chain persay but it was just so much damage that bird was all WELP I'M OUT)
- Guarded with Wilhelm for some HP back, waited til the next turn to Impregnable, Curaga, and raise Ayaka, who then finished getting everyone up to speed
- Ayaka spent most rounds using Bushido to clear off the ice imbue
- Ling slowly whittled away the little birds to get the esper orbs
- Queens used Curaga most of the time, occasionally magic martyr when Ayaka was taking a break from dispelling everything so that Wilhelm could get MP back
- Wilhelm had to Impregnable every round because of the Bushido dispel

Took 45 rounds to get the esper orbs to summon Ifrit which instantly ended the fight because hahaha -1000% resist.

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Dec 22, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
You don't have to keep spending the canes on the story, just collecting them adds to the total.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

How do you beat this Air Buster gently caress?

Literally everything he does is dodgable. iNichol + full dodge unit == no damage.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Paul Zuvella posted:

Story 3 is unlocked and guess what? Story 4 requires 300 million more candy canes than the story 3 did. Story 3 took ~27 hours to unlock so we are looking at about 40 hours until story 4 unlocks.

We are hosed, folks.

According to the Discord Raid Tracker we are actually 53 hours away from it at our present rate of candy cane collection. This event is dumb.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

rabidsquid posted:

50% ailment resist is kinda worthless since if you need to resist something you need to resist it, not maybe resist it. so it's a very goofy 10% hp ultimately.

This is actually a NOT TERRIBLE but somewhat okay materia for Wilhelm, who has passive 50% status ailment resists across the board. so it's basically a discernment for him with 10% HP. (Who care's if he's blinded, really.)

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

So I just used my 4* EX ticket Gumi slipped me for today, and I have only one thing to say.

WHEN RAMZA ENHANCEMENTS GOOMI?!?

Welcome to the band.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

rabidsquid posted:

equip daggers is not more useful than throw or drink or anything

Equip Bowie Knife for Dual Wield! It's... it's something?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Mr. Swoon posted:

Got a gift card for Christmas, and tried my luck.

So... Elsa ripoff is basically a new Trance Terra, right?

Holy wow, jackpot.

So Christine isn't just "Ice Trance Terra", though the fact she perfect chains with TT is amazing. She also chains with Tidus (Absolute Zero), and any of the Orlandu family (Ice Shards). She works with SO MANY people.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Whaaaat Absolute Zero has quick hit frames!? Thats loving amazing

e-It does not apparently

Absolute Zero: 40-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5
Quick Hit: 22-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-20

Not exact, but close enough for government work.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

rabidsquid posted:

whats the ~most efficient~ use of lapis and is there an upcoming unit i should be saving for? i have ayaka/ok/vol/aileen/random poo poo. basically i have no base 5 casters. i was thinking about maybe taking a swipe at white knight noel or should i just spend an 11 pull on the cloud banner before it leaves or [other]

if you actually want a 5* base caster go ahead and try for Christine. If you also need a provoke tank, wait until Friday, THEN pull on Christine's banner (so that WKN is in the off-banner 2% pool)

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

dangerous.hotdog posted:

You might as well wait for Hyou who blows pretty much every DD out of the water. I don't think it was too big of a gap between Sephiroth and Hyou (1 month?). I don't see many folks using Lila much anymore since she has like 3k HP with a SPR-focus build compared to 7*s who have like 16k HP. Apparently she's not so great in any fight that isn't a OTKO because she gets dunked on.

FWIW, Hyou is a TDH unit with dual- and triple-ability and uses Holy Explosion frames. His chains are back loaded so the big hits are capped and he has a plethora of -60% imperils built into his moves. He basically takes every good thing about every other meta chainer and combines it into a single kit.

But there's always a new unit to wait for...

yeah, wait those 8 months for Hyou, good choice.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Tengames posted:

By the way , If you logged in every day and are getting the 5* summon ticket on the 28th, just wanna point out i pulled christine on a 4* ex ticket yesterday and gladios on a 5* the day he came out, so it might be a good idea to wait a day before using it, just for that slight chance.

At the very least, it increases the summon pool to lower your odds of getting lightning and queen.

The last 5* EX ticket I used got me Demon Rain. I am absolutely using mine when WKN/Christine/Kryla are in the pool.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

He's absolutely right about Seph/Lila. If 7* hadn't come out then yeah, I'd say hold out till that banner since its fantastic but 7*s coming out so quickly after it and them being literally the last 5*s to get 7* forms means that you'll have really shiny benchwarmers for 4-5 months after they stop being relevant a month and change after they come out.

Although by then we'll know if their 7*s are loving insane and then we can decide to roll on their rate up just as an investment :v:

Oh, I mean, waiting between Sephiroth and Hyou is more of a sensible thing, but I meant holding from now until then, that's kinda silly. I still maintain that pulling hard for anything not time-limited is wasteful.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Skyridge posted:

How's the candy cane front looking? As far as I know there hasn't been any news about the drop rate increasing.

When Story 5 unlocks (assumedly tomorrow) we get a new dungeon set with 50% more candy.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

rabidsquid posted:

i am actually farming this event because its super easy to dump your energy doing so and i wouldnt be surprised if a lot of people are doing the same thing

This. Because of my rank (147) I only have to dump energy twice a day and it takes like 4 minutes to do so. TMRing is actually harder because I have to check on it to make sure I don't get pulled into Fina's Psyche on a random crash. Also for the record I have 35k candy canes.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Office Thug posted:

I'm using Nox and have the menu hud arranged in a way that if the game crashes the macro immediately just clicks back into the game and carries on as normal. It works for the most common in-game crashes (such as connection losses).

If you want to do this, drag the FFEXVIUS icon to a new menu on the right, put it at the lowest spot on the HuD, in the middle. Remove all other icons except the "Today's Pick" thing (can't remove that, but it shouldn't cause any issues). The whole screen should just be FFEXVIUS sitting over Today's Pick. I'm just using the NOX emulator TM Refills macro: https://pastebin.com/yLFtWzXb

I already have this done, it is not foolproof. If the game crashes while not in a battle, it will launch back into the Home Menu of the game, and clicks will take it to Mysidia->Fina's Psyche.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Skyridge posted:

Ayaka #2. God dammit.

Grats on a really top notch 7* healer?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Agreed posted:

Really does not feel stingy to me since the rate-up. Perhaps that's because of a year of being used to the old way, they've just made me appreciate a lighter nut punch. But I've currently got more 5* bases un-leveled and un-awakened than I can do for some time. So far I've already got together a decent set of 3 7-star units that are going to be good if things proceed like in JP, and we have a ton of time left - every crystal could be that next "good one" duplicate (real change in the how-does-it-feel-to-pull-dupes meta since the announcements for sure)

I'm still at one rainbow since rate up. RNG is RNG.

Skyridge posted:

Doesn't JP give a lot more lapis and tickets out though?

Yes but we get actual QoL changes and such way sooner.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Today was THE DAY

3*: Jean, Shantotto(2), Shadow, Cinque, Rydia(2), Edge
Scarmiglione, Timothy, Libertus, Sice(2), Trey(2), Rakshasa
Faris(2), Conrad(2), Sazh(3), Abel(3), Lenna(2), Ludmille
Ruggles, CoD, Clyne, Camille(3), Ryunan, Gilbert(16)
Penelo, Galuf(2), Xiao, Mustadio, Aiden(2), Edgar(3)
Duane, Vaan(2), Kamui, Freya, Kain, Russell(2), Iris
Arc, Miyuki, Wakka, Sabin, Luna, Alma, Locke(2)

4*: Chizuru, Garnet(2), Hope(2), Waters, Setzer
King, Amelia(2), Victoria(2), Chloe, T. Carrie(2), Snow
Gaffgarion, Leon, Bran(3), Santa Roselia, Soleil
Rosa, Luka, Aura

5*: Prishe, Emperor, Christine, Gladiolus

I sadly did not get WKN, who I did actually want, but Christine is the real prize. And three good rainbow TMs I guess.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Ubiquitus posted:

Holy poo poo I'm swimming in rainbows
In the last month I've gotten:
Aileen
Ayaka
D. Fina
Delita
Duke
Emperor
Oldman
Noctis
Roy

Today I picked up Christine on a daily
Send help I'm suffering from decision paralysis

:psyduck:

LIFE MUST BE HARD UP THERE IN RAINBOW LAND.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I have crunched numbers on Grim Lord Sakura. ASSUMING that Kaliva's TM is 50% MAG from equipment when doublehand (a safe bet), then her BIS is now an INSANE 1382 MAG, with the Kaliva TM contributing 163 MAG of that total.

Right hand: Mateus's Malice HP+10%, ATK+19, MAG+129
Head: Minstrel's Prayer MP+20%, DEF+8, MAG+42, SPR+46
Body: Dark Robe DEF+35, MAG+55, SPR+20
Accessory 1: Snowbear MAG+50, SPR+30
Accessory 2: Snowbear MAG+50, SPR+30
Materia 1: Rod Mastery MAG+50%
Materia 2: Dark Bond MAG+50%
Materia 3: Adventurer V ATK+40%, DEF+40%, MAG+40%, SPR+40%
Esper: Bahamut HP+64, MP+63, ATK+60, DEF+60, MAG+60, SPR+60
Total: HP:4123, MP:435, ATK:261, DEF:299, MAG:1219, SPR:609

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Everyone talking about icebird, please note: The icebird's magic attacks are not ice, they are ice/wind. Gear appropriately. (And the mini-birds are non-elemental)

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cao Ni Ma posted:

These new units seem to be trash so a pretty good banner to not roll in. Thanks for the lapis saved gumi

The units themselves are very meh. I would absolutely recommend pulling a Kaliva, there is NO doubt in my mind that his TM will be important for someone. At the very least it will come into play when 7*s hit and we get more MAG DH users. Immediate use is Grim Lord Sakura for those who got her.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I spent eight 10+1s today in a last ditch effort for Winter units.

Seven total trash pulls, literally the best I got was an Olif.

....and then the eighth ticket was a triple rainbow? Okay? I mean, it was Prishe #2, Delita, and Seabreeze Dark Fina, so they weren't USABLE, but still. Game why you do this.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Ratzap posted:

I wasn't expecting much from the 10+1 either so I squee'd a little from excitement when it opened with 5 rainbows. Five.
I thought - not even Gumi can manage 5 completely trash rainbows. This is what it gave me:

3 new units even: Orlandeau, Aura and Roy. Yay!

five? I see three.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cobalt60 posted:

Got a Roy. :) or :( ?

Actual question: my Soleil is fully upgraded - is Roy an absolute upgrade in every sense? Or does he lack anything Soleil might bring?

Looks like even for OTKO strategies, they are equal in turn-1 ATK boost, right?

Soleil is better for 10-man trials because she does not instant disable character switching every turn. Also, Roy takes 7 turns to get to full speed, Soleil takes 3. BUT Roy is stronger all around in numbers, and also provides HP/MP.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

About the King's Knight units:

Barusa and Toby have their rarity switched, in JP Toby is 4-6 and Barusa is 3-5. But, seriously, gently caress Toby.

Kaliva has a different moveset than the JP version, he looks like he can triple cast both his healing abilities (not-Curaga, not-Hi-Regen, not-Revive) and his damage (what looks like Waterja and Blizzaja) moves... he's basically a Red Mage like Rem. Probably better at healing than her.

The triple cast is locked behind a move and only lasts one round, so it's kinda awful. Also, Toby sucks, gently caress Toby.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Mage City! We have Mages! And that's all!

Minor improvements to be made, such as getting a Dual Wield for Christine and giving her Malboro Tentacle. Forgot to equip Acceptance on GLS, too lazy to rescreenshot everything. TT will get a Sorcery or Drace's sword soon enough.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Ratmtattat posted:

I want to try something new and make some use out of the Nyx I pulled a long time ago. I was reading that I should be using Fixed Dice on him. What else does he need?

the usual 4-piece set: Fixed Dice, Marshal's Glove, Marshal's Glove, Buster Style.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Shoenin posted:

Oh poo poo, Ramza actually got his Enhancements

I was legitimately not expecting it even as we finally got Roy.

Yeah, and because they didn't do anything to them, he's still lower-ranked than all the ones we have already (Except Lunera I guess)

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
(me trying for Basch since I don't have a magic cover tank and Basch is obscenely good)
Dana - Today at 10:50 AM
gently caress it, may as well spend all my lapis, just so they can announce VP banner next week to really crush my spirit

Alim/Gumi - Today
WE GOT YOU COVERED BRO

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Arngrim merits five stars? Um, Okay. I think there were many, many characters better than him. I guess because him and Jelinda were starter characters...

Is that other guy Lenneth's human boyfriend? It's been a long long time since I've played that game...

Best guesses are saying that he's going to be the Raid Milestone 5* unit. Like Marquis De Leon in the DQ raid. And yeah, Lucian was her boyfriend. I woulda preferred Lezard, but eh.

e: Also Arngrim played a pretty important recurring role in VP games so it's not unusual.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
My LGD farm team:

Drace#1: Instrumental Flair and Apollo Harp for Hero's Rime
Vayne: World Destroyer
GLS: Soul Barrage x2
Drace#2: Pod
Drace#3: Pod
Friend Basch: covers Magic for the first round of the boss, boss dies second round

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

dangerous.hotdog posted:

How do you manage MP on GLS? Sac'ing a bonus unit? Or does she have 600 MP+?

She has 550 MP. the first round only needs a singlecast Soul Barrage, as long as friendBasch uses Armor Eraser.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
meanwhile I spent all my lapis (20k) and tickets (seven 4*s, 15-20 normal) on this banner because I needed a magic cover tank.

I didn't even get a rainbow.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Tengames posted:

what up mystea-less buddy
fed every ticket from the event back into it. got 4 onbanner golds and none of them were drace.

Whenever we get Unit of Choice I'll probably have to spend it on Basch just to compete in the magic cover necessities. Or on getting an actual 7* preparation worth using.

BDawg posted:

If you ever need a Basch or Ms. Tea shared, hit me up on Discord.

Unfortunately since I have crap for phys attackers I generally have to take a phys damage friend and just pray.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Tengames posted:

A tdh finisher who has can use 3 abilities in a row, which seems detrimental to being a finisher as you want all that damage as a single hit at the end of a chain.
Freya seems to have the same issue as Lenneth, but she has a gigantic 3000% 1hit finisher for a limit break, with an equally gigantic 40 limit cost. If youre using her you're probably bringing along someone with entrust.

This is numerically incorrect. at max level she gets an LB modifier. it is actually 4500%, 1 hit. and with a free materia slot (due to not needing MAG%), she can put something like Squall STMR for another modifier and getting 6150% LB all delivered in one hit. Ether Strike is pretty much true to game, it gives zero fucks.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Shoenin posted:

surprise buttsex early maintenance again

Well played Gumi

They did put it in yesterday's news, even providing pre-emptive compensation because it was going to be a long one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
You literally only needs two phys fire chainers of any decent gear to do it. Or semi-chainers, I did it with two Queens.

• Locked thread