Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
1/2 - Santa Roselia
5ex - Blue -> orange -> rainbow Marie #3
4* - White Knight Noel
3* - Shantortoise #8 or so

Well I mean I guess I got the old Xmas units covered?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

Happy New Year Please Give Us $75 AUD

I assume the pricing is a tad more realistic in USD or something?

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

Huh, 1/2 a few days back was BS Sakura, free pull today is Tidus. Why the crap is this game getting more generous to me suddenly?

Oh right $65 AUD is our pricing down here. I actually expected that to be higher, given some of the bundles get close to 80 sometimes.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

pasaluki posted:

That's one thing I'll give ffrk is that the fights rely on strategy rather than chaining up finishers with like perfect timing or you get wiped.

The strategy of "roll a hundred times per banner to make your characters not useless" and "apply the cryst grind for enhancing characters in this game to EVERY SINGLE ABILITY IN FFRK or else good luck dealing any damage beyond your second turn"? Along with the other strategy of "mentally keep up with the invisible enemy ATB" I mean.

I'm sorry but FFRK was a miserable slog and the day I finally booted up FFBE was the final nail in RK's coffin, for me anyway. I'll gladly take the minimal luck I've had with this game and it's honest-to-goodness turn based system over rng-heavy ATB fuckery any day.

Edit: That was probably over the top, but it's been stewing in my head every time I see FFRK come up in this thread as some sort of beacon of non-lovely mobile-gaming. Like, that horribly unoptimized, mythril-scant piece of crap? For real?

meteor9 fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Mar 9, 2018

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

I know most everyone ignores the plot and all but...

So this season is pretty much a shameless retread of Fist of the North Star's second season, yes? There's even a Hyoh right out the gate.

meteor9 fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Mar 20, 2018

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

Hell my 30 million ticket today dropped CG Fina on me too.

I forget, we're only two CGs in, right? Fina and Sakura? If so I'm 2/2 somehow.

vvvv oh right lasswellington. I guess I got the GOOD ones at least?

meteor9 fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Apr 2, 2018

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

30 M was yet another rainbow somehow. Queen as well. I mean, I'm not as jazzed on that one but holy crap that's 2 rainbows out of these tickets and one of them was Fina.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

My first LGD had a wave of 2 LMS and then a wave of 3 LMS, so apparently I stole all of them from the entire event and no more will ever spawn, sorry.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

If I remember right I got hard!garuda on the first day by just smashing it hulk style with VotD/TG Cid/TG Cid and a guest TG Cid, with Lunera on singing and CG Fina on pretty much everything else after baraerogaing.

Admittedly my 'strategy' isn't terribly fair to recommend since it requires way too much goddamn luck to have this team.

edit: subtract excess cids to meet whatever the party requirement was

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

I thought wizardception got announced a bit back?

On the note of rainbows, my free pull was CG Fina #2, and a ticket thrown at the Seph banner got me Ramza #3 i believe. Any sort of weirdness/fun I can have there, or am I still covered with my first CG Fina and enhanced Lunera?

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

hagie posted:

100% trash on mine. 36% TMR merge fodder.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

I just don't know what the hell to do about Shiva 3*. All the other 3*s so far have been very easily handled once i looked up a cursory strategy or whatnot, but Shiva's being a massive F2P killer here. I don't have a single Noctus to TMR, let alone two of them, since the game is really adamant that I never get him, and as such I can't PhysEvade any tanks enough to have them not just take 95% of the hits from Hailstrike anyway (causing them to die halfway through the first turn, and if I set up Reraise, cause them to die/res without cover and then everyone wipes). I can get, like, Chizuru up to 100% evade, but even the extremely slow "have evade Chizuru and Minfillia with Mirage/Great Raven Cape cheese the fight while hiding an Ifrit summoner" strategy will just suddenly not work, with Chiz taking a bunch of physical damage and Minfillia somehow not being able to avoid being targeted.

I also tried using a magic tank with a provoke tank for the physicals, but that was going even worse.

Like...what the hell? Why is main feature progression blocked by such an obnoxious wall?

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

Trilin posted:

What in the world? You best be kidding.
Ask for an evasion tank friend.
Alternate the AoE Cover and Provoke.
Have 30% Ice resist on everyone.
Ice Resist Buff every 3 turns.
Dispel on threshold imperils.
There, you literally can't lose.

needing a carry is kinda what i mean about this being bullshit for levelling up a guaranteed in-game....thingy. I mean if someone just has one lying around, sure, I'll cave in on that. Because I can do literally everything else except pull Rings of Lucii out of my rear end.

Ugato posted:

It’s a lot of damage, but if you’re using a cover tank plus an atk break and a good defense buff it should be survivable - throw in a DR buff too if you have the option. Remember - even a 45% atk break is 70% damage reduction. That means you can survive 3 times as much damage with that alone.

Well, I got Orlandeau applying Crush Weapon +2, and Minfillia has the Pod mitigation move, so maybe i just need to dig out a better defense buff unless Min's is also good since CG Fina's doesn't seem to be cutting it, but goddammit this game needs to stop hiding all it's %s.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

I can throw up a 100% dodge Warrior of Light then you can use his provoke on the turns he isn't dodge covering everything.

That would be pretty awesome, although I can't guarantee an immediate time frame on using it, kinda foolishly staying up far too late at the moment. But if you're cool leaving him up for like a day or so, you'd have my eternal gratitude.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

I'll try to add you tomorrow, it seems adamant that your friend list is full and I'll just assume the game is a bit behind. Thank you again, however!

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

I opened up three slots in case two others also want a dodge/provoke tank for Shiva 3*.

Aaaand she's finally down, thank christ. But mostly thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

Okay that reload/reset swap is going to remove SO MUCH tedium, awesome! When every fight is "set up buff and debuff then fire four DR/DRlikes off" it was getting old having to manually do it or risk the auto dropping the timing super hard.

• Locked thread