Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Gamechanging seems a bit much, but he gains passive SPR which is always nice, his sub-30% DEF boost gets bumped to 150% from 100% and also includes SPR now (which is fantastic), and not having to recast his 100% taunt every turn allows him to do other things which is some nice quality of life (ie- You can taunt and then guard which WoL previously was unable to do).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
My tickets are being saved for CG Fina, and my lapis is being saved for Sephiroth & Lila's stepup banner since I'm closing in on 50k anyway and I might as well guarantee 7* Sephiroth/Lila or one of each of them.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

dangerous.hotdog posted:

You might as well wait for Hyou who blows pretty much every DD out of the water. I don't think it was too big of a gap between Sephiroth and Hyou (1 month?). I don't see many folks using Lila much anymore since she has like 3k HP with a SPR-focus build compared to 7*s who have like 16k HP. Apparently she's not so great in any fight that isn't a OTKO because she gets dunked on.

FWIW, Hyou is a TDH unit with dual- and triple-ability and uses Holy Explosion frames. His chains are back loaded so the big hits are capped and he has a plethora of -60% imperils built into his moves. He basically takes every good thing about every other meta chainer and combines it into a single kit.

But there's always a new unit to wait for...

I'm waiting for a step-up banner, and there's no Step-up banner as good as Sephiroth/Lila, with units as good as them and with incentives as decent as their Step-up. CG Hyou's Step-up is a modified single lap 11,000 lapis with no guaranteed anything in it. I could very well just save 11,000 lapis for his banner, that's a possibility sure.

Squall/Rinoa have one, but it's neither as good (it has the guaranteed Squall/Rinoa and Rainbow at the 3rd stage, but no rate-ups), nor are Squall/Rinoa as enticing units to me as either Sephiroth or Lila. I'd take Seph's to chain with 7* Dark Veritas.

Edit: There's CG Raegan's too, but his stepup is like CG Hyou's, an 11,000 modified pull one.

AegisP fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 27, 2017

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Ayaka 7* ending up with all of the damage bubbles makes me really sad I struck out completely pulling for her :(

CG Fina's cool and all but...damage bubbles!

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

dangerous.hotdog posted:

And Ramza enhancements will probably land sometime after that.

My Ramza has been fully potted for ages :(

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Rem and Queen would be awesome dupes at this point that I'd love to have waiting for 7*.

But honestly, just give me Ayaka game. Please.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Thank you to whomever it is that has been keeping up their Glacial-setup Garnet on Ifrit as their friend unit.

Finally got around to knocking that thing down, and it saved me the hassle of trying to find friendoldmans setup correctly, as I could now just bring both of my own and have Garnet as the friend unit.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Skyridge posted:

I just want Reberta...

And I'm still not convinced we'll be getting the same 7* system, especially with the lack of 5* choice tickets.

UoC tickets only recently became a thing in JP though? Like, last few events there.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Tengames posted:

I actually think we might get them sooner then jp got them because we know precisely when jp got them banner wise and even if sepiroth and the unit he shares banners with is op as poo poo, theres going to be a return of "why should I pull for these when orlandu Cloud 7 star is just around the corner?" we might get a global exlusive unit or something a month or so early that becomes the first 7* unit.

It would allow them to space out the batches of 7*s more easily too, rather than big clumps at once for catch-up purposes.

Of course, the game kind of still needs content that challenges 7* unit havers, even if it's just another tougher stage of trials (this would seem to be the most equitable way of doing things). JP has what, Odin 3*'s fight that was just released which seems to be one of the few challenging fights even for 7*s? The rest, you bring 7*s and roll right over everything.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
My 5* ticket gave me Emperor, which is like, cool, I don't have you, but I have Barbariccia and have beaten both Bloody Moon & Marlboro so your TMR isn't terribly appealing.

Ayaka where are you :(

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
My tiny 1% Moogle from way back finally hit 100% today after feeding him his 1% cousins :unsmith:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I'm really happy 7* Lightning is good, since I was so sad she was otherwise terrible :(

Legitimately more excited I have her 7* version than Orlandeau's 7* who's also sitting in the wings. His kit upgrade just doesn't seem as exciting, which might just be relative differences at work since Lightning goes from literally horrible to actually good, while Orlandeau already starts off at great.

Plus 7* Lightning can chain with my Tidus.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Depends. Do you need a provoke tank or a cover tank or a counter tank? Do you need a tank with utility, or a tank with breaks, or a tank that doubles as a healer, or a magic tank?

They're very fight specific, but WoL is I think the one that is the most swiss-army knife in that he can fulfill a number of different tanking roles.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

As someone pointed out it's great on Wilhelm as well as it basically trades being hit with blind for 10% hp compared to Discernment/Goddess Protection.

Also good on Ramza who comes with 50% resistance to ailments natively.

You know, when Ramza enhancements show up and you start using Ramza.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

hagie posted:

Regardless of the amount of resets, I fundamentally cannot do the ice bird. Doesn’t matter my set up or weaponry.

I was resetting until an AoE Full Raise unit survived (either Tilith or Rikku) and of course both DPS (pair of Orlandeaus). Mystea and Garnet were both expendable in the preemptive. At that point it's just ensuring your ATK is high enough and/or enough killers so that Ice Bird gets one-shot.

It does require some funky gearing setup of all available ice and wind resistance (incidentally, that Snowstorm shield from last winter's (?) even is tailor made having both 30% ice/wind) to the pertinent characters.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Think it's going to be Gil Farmer's until I'm back above 10-11m and then back to the cryst mines since I used a bunch lately.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

evoking an esper is easy, all you have to do is use Marie to keep a Garnet with Prodigy's Goggles alive :v:

This was actually going to be my plan whenever I bothered.

hosed up and got him to 1% earlier, was ready for the multiple thresholds to hurt, and then...he did no damage through Marie's shields.

I may have greatly overestimated his damage potential.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
The dream would be Nier coming back after Step-ups get introduced to Global, and then having its own Step-up banner for A2/2B.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

HGH posted:

We've been in a bit of downward spiral since Christmas, but FF9 and 10 are soon and should legitimately have some ok things worth pulling (and actual fan favorite characters).

I still need to budget how many tickets I'm throwing at Yuna and how many I realistically want to be saving for CG Fina.

CG Fina's easily the better healer, but Yuna is Yuna and I will collect all FFX units.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I already covered just about everything he mentioned in my previous post and I think the only actual point he has is that rolling for 7*s as they come out is poo poo because that odd on banner rainbow pull you get from a daily is devalued. But guess what, that means not spending money on those banners is good. Subsist on old 5*s 7*s erry day dont give gumi more money

I do agree with his comment about how step-ups seem to have shifted from the Seph/Lila & Rinoa/Squall step-ups, to the CG Raegan 11k versions which don't seem nearly as valuable.

But that also has nothing to do with the 7* system, and is a step-up banner design complaint.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Unfortunately she's not. Her most damaging ability is hybrid damage and in order to get the most out of her she needs to be using a sword and a great sword but doesn't have innate dual wield. Her abilities don't have any synergy either, she can make an enemy weak to light but doesn't have an innate light attack, but does have a lightning attack. She has some white magic but not enough to make her worth a support slot. So basically she's worse than Orlandeau+ when it comes to damage and her healing isn't strong/broad enough to make her a 2nd support character.

Still pulling because Beatrix.

She's a better base Orlandeau, ignoring enhancements (because she doesn't have any yet).

Her version of holy explosion (which I don't believe chains with regular holy explosion since it's 8 hit, not 7?), is slightly stronger (425% versus 400%), and if you do equip her with a sword and Excalibur starts off with +100% ATK from passives compared to +70% for Orlandeau. Her break is opposite to Orlandeau, DEF/SPR instead of ATK/MAG, is -45% instead of 40% and is AOE instead of single target. She comes with much better base resistances (Paralyze/Confuse/Petrify immunity), and actually has a support suite (single target full Raise and Esuna I guess).

Obviously, Orlandeau pulls ahead due to actually having enhancements, but it's hopefully fair to assume she's going to gain at least some goodies when enhanced unless Gumi hates her.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Office Thug posted:

I'm also really hoping Sparky will be turned into a 2-handed weapon, or given 2-hander damage variance. That was such a simple mistake gumi made when introducing damage variance that made her actually really good again for like a week.

Man I hope not. I was planning on stapling Sparky to my 7* Lightning down the road to give her a weapon that's both lightning and triggers her gun mastery.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
He's effectively 5* base WoL & Mystea stuck together, except less good on the provoking front.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Office Thug posted:

Reportedly, it has way higher bonus encounter rates. And from limited personal experience I'd have to agree.

Also tiny sample: my 4 runs of LGN so far have had 3x 1000 bonus units twice. Was still planning on running it quite a bit more to see a larger sample of how often the bonus creatures will show up there.

Settled into a nice party composition for LGN anyway: 2 50% bonus units, 1 75% bonus unit, 2 Orlandeaus, and a friend 100% bonus unit (doesn't matter). One bonus unit holds World Destroyer & Great Raven Cape, another bonus unit is on Diabolos for Imperil, and the last bonus unit holds Apollo's Harp since helpfully Larsa can use musical instruments. This lets Orlandeau chains to one shot every wave except the first where there are two enemies. Only losing 1 spot that could be another 50% bonus unit if I ran ELT instead, so LGN should just work out much better.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Spent a few tickets and saw a rainbow fall out. Ended up being zarg, wrong ffxii character buddy

So the valkyrie profile banners are probably going to be the new norm for time limited characters? Individual banners for each 5* and a step up banner for each as well as guaranteeing that a banner pull rainbow is always on banner?

That is an interesting new system they're toying with for the VP collab. I wonder if they're doing it to make-up for the fact that collab units don't go into the pool: you can't pull more of them after they're gone, so make it much more likely to get them while they're around.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

hagie posted:

I like that the 10+1s are guaranteed 5* instead of 4*

Also that the weight-up on a featured banner is 90% on-banner (each of the 3 featured weapons is 30%), 10% off-banner.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
New unit info is up on the wiki.

Puppy looks quite strong for a magic tank. Comes with an AOE 3 turn Stop Immunity, Curaga, Esunaga, Full Life, while its LB can reach 54% AOE Damage Mitigation for 1 turn while also restoring 55% of the party's MP and 5% HP.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
80 ATK higher than my Olive *shakes fist*

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I don't see any mana battery skills in his kit?

His LB maxed out is a 55% MP AOE Restore.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I've used Luneth on Sheratan to kill a fruit, and on that Halloween event boss to skip his sub 40% phase.

So rarely.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

I'd be mad, but really I'm just impressed.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I must be at 60+ pulls now between the tickets and a pair of 5k pulls on this banner, plus the occasional daily and free summon pull, since my last rainbow. Elfreeda was the last one on her banner.

Unless the game is just getting all of these lovely pulls out of the way before CG Fina.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
10+1 ticket gave me Prishe #2. Is 7* Prishe as underwhelming as she looks?

I guess turn 5 I can do a 7 Hit 1000% & Ignore 50% DEF attack with a fellow 7* Prishe which would be a little ridiculous.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Free Summon: Trance Terra
Daily: Yan #5 (please stop)
Expedition Ticket: Basch

Listen, I was just complaining about 60+ pulls with no rainbow less than 2 days ago game, you don't need to go overboard in the other direction before CG Fina shows up.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
A2 also does silly things to that robot.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Ugato posted:

I mean I like the look of ffbe more than deedoo. It more comes down to a preference of art types.

Yea, FFBE's sprite work is personally fantastic.

I also play FFRK, so I might be traumatized still from their "sprites".

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Office Thug posted:

along with the afformentioned 4* ticket I should have taken a screencap of.

Incidentally, do these show up in the initial summons with the cactaurs, etc. or the longer materials list?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I appreciate the free 50% Moogle...I mean Lightning, that I just got from that new rookie mission.

Of course this means I'm never pulling a 4th Lightning for her STMR.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
What the gently caress is going on with my free daily pulls: since the pulls started, I have had 4 free daily rainbows, including both yesterday and today, making two free rainbows in a row.

Aileen, Wilhelm, Basch #2, and Gilgamesh.

I wanted all this saved up luck for CG Fina :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Sephiroth is when I'll be blowing lapis, given step-ups.

CG Fina I just want a 5* Healer finally :( Plus I have the tickets to burn for the same reason.

• Locked thread