Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

The retro zone bundle that is in the shop now is a decent enough deal. 200 lapis for a rare ticket alone made it worth getting for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

TGC is innately immune to paralysis, which is part of why he is great for bird murder. If people want, I can gear mine back up and set him as friend leader instead of cloud. I one turned the trial boss, with Wilhelm face tanking everything.

You don't need ayaka for the trial at all. I used rem, but honestly any unit works as long as you have phoenix downs.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

How do you beat this Air Buster gently caress?

I can put up my Wilhelm if you need him. He can take the punch and have about 6k hp left after impregnable.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

That would be very helpful, thank you!

Or this, thanks!

I didn't draw a single new Halloween unit!

Any one of you would be a huge help!

Done. I think we are already friends, but 632883386

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Man, I think this event is great! Now I won't be distracted from spending time with my family, and I may even have two Patriotic Recalls finished by the new year.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

Took me 26 rounds. Looks like I'm not getting Cloud's Uniform any time soon...

7, plus whatever the Trigger is, according to the wiki.

Remaining Costs & Rewards are:
pre:
Eternal Winter - Story 4 	Candy Cane 1,500 	Lapis 500
Eternal Winter - Story 5 	Candy Cane 2,000 	Joyful Spirit - recipe
Eternal Winter - Story 6 	Candy Cane 2,500 	Reindeer Headband
Eternal Winter - Story 7 	Candy Cane 3,000 	Trust Moogle (ALL 5%) 
Joyful Spirit (Materia)
Type: Special Ability (Passive)
Effect: Increase HP (10%), Increase resistance to sleep, paralyze, confuse, and petrify (50%)

Crafting recipe
Materials: Candy Cane (3000), Glowing Star (50)
Gil: 0

Reindeer Headband
Type: Armor (Hat)
Stats: ATK+19, DEF+15, SPR+10
Element: -
Resistance: -
Additional effect: -

"50 Glowing stars"

Looks like there is an entirely new item to grind in the 2nd half. Probably drops at a rate of 1 per run if the candy canes are any indicator.

Edit: Apparently the trial gives 50 of them as a 1 time reward? Who loving planned this poo poo. That materia would be mediocre for crafting a few of, but as a 1-off is idiotic. Also, why not just give 1, and have the recipe use just 1.

ZarathustraFollower fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 24, 2017

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

I love that they reset the bundles in the shop so we can all see how crappy the holiday deals are by comparison.

Edit: D. Fina on my 10+1. First one, and her tm is good so sureee

ZarathustraFollower fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Dec 25, 2017

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

7* makes an even more pronounced difference, since Orlandu/Beatrix et all get equipment attack buffs as passives while dual wielding but have no innate dual wield so its more important to use raw attack accessories than a genji glove if possible.

Poor loving Gilgamesh, his accessory being phased out and him mysteriously passed off from promotion to 7*

Gilgamesh will be in the upcoming 7* batch, according to the latest jp announcement. Along with duke, ayaka, and gladious

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/7m05in/jp_maint_new_7_batch_malboro_trial_alexander/

Also Alexander is the newest esper!

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

5* ticket last night was Fryevia #2, which is awesome in my book. Is her lb worth leveling?

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Going to unlink my cc from google play thanks to this game. I ended up deciding to use a gift card I got to get the $47 ny bundle, and it was enough to finish a full lap of the EX points. Figure I probably sunk somewhere around $600 in total into this stupid phone game, and if I stop and use my resources wisely I'll be set for the lifespan of the game. I got about 55K lapis and 60 tickets, and only really interested in the Valkyrie profile and CG Sakura banners for the foreseeable future.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

I can put an ice resist Wilhelm up in the morning if you want to try that.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Yeah, servers are making GBS threads the bed. 10+1 gave me VoL #2, too bad she is a pretty low-rated 7*.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Tengames posted:

Convinently the dragon dude’s tm also grants a physical damage reduction ability.

Worth noting that like the neir collab its two 4* banner units so the odds of getting the specific one you want is less then 2.5%, less then the odds of a rainbow crystal.

And lets be real, the on-banner rainbow here is poo poo.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

hamsystem posted:

Welp another super easy raid boss, thanks Gumi!

The real boss is taking the time to evoke an esper. At least it isn't the 'Kill the boss with an esper' mission.

Also, if anyone wants some help with the raid, I swapped Reberta's spear onto my DV, so he has 1087 attack + dragonkiller. Most of you all are already friends, but if not: 632883386

ZarathustraFollower fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jan 5, 2018

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Slack Motherfucker posted:

I sent both of you a request from Iadria. If anyone else has spots for a newer player, my code is 206,455,829 :)

Sent you an invite, you should add an SA reference so people know you're a goon.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

8 tickets and my half price to get 1 Larsa, then got Drace from a 4* ticket. This is going to be a slow event grind....

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

If I remember right, I thought gl was going to get vp in February. Sooo, if that's correct, there's what, like a 0% chance of ours being step up banners then? :smith:

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Ghostnuke posted:

It's 2 separate banners, but you'd still be crazy to chase the rainbow. You have even less chance of pulling her than you did before the 3% rate up.

Is that true? Pre-rate up would be 0.5% (1% rainbow rate, 50/50 of the single on banner unit), and now should still be 0.5 (3% rainbow, 1% chance on banner, 50/50 for her). Plus, Rem is a solid unit. I have both and I'm pulling because I'd be happy with either for 7*.

ZarathustraFollower fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 24, 2018

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Did a 11x pull on the healer banner. All lovely. Threw a ticket at it out of frustration, Gilgamesh. I...guess I'm ok with that? 2nd genji glove once I tm grind him at least.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

I've had little motivation for to do much of anything in the game lately. Just TM grinding and clearing events once. I did end up burning about 40 tickets and 10k lapis on the healer banner to get a 2nd rem for 7*, although a 2nd Ayaka would have been ideal, but no luck. Got a 2nd Gilgamesh too so that reduced the pain too. With 40 more tickets and 56k lapis, and I've got no plans to use any of it. Maybe dailies and a 5k pull once CG Sakura is here (provided its a single 5* banner, which is a big if), and then seeing the holiday units. I was trying to stockpile lapis for Valkyrie profile, but seeing the units on JP made me change my mind (I may try to get 1 or two, but come on, making them all finishers is dumb).

I still havent done several trials, but they would all take more time then I'm willing to put into a phone game to focus on. I should try some 10 man ones, since I definitely have the teams to clear them, but effort.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Got a 2nd Aileen out of 6 tickets, but no CG Sakuya

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Did a 10+1 and it gave me a Gilgamesh and a second delita. Not gonna roll anymore since it's a pretty clear sign that I'm cursed

I got my 3rd Rem and 5th Duke. loving hell, I hate that dragoon now.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Did another 10 tickets and 10+1 pull. First ramza at least? Well, I finally have a bard so thats nice.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Dammit, I got
Shadow'd

30k lapis, 40 tickets for 5 rainbows. Rem, Duke, Ramza, and those two. I'm set till 7*, and still have enough for some eventual stepups so I guess I should start stockpiling again. The dog made me weak (plus a magic tank was the 1 thing I was missing)

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

You get... four abilities max? It could be better.

It's a nice secondary game, it's pretty and well-made.

It's also new. So things can change. Hopefully it will put pressure on this one.

2 per character. It's an interesting design decision, since unlike FFRK, new weapons/armor don't unlock new abilities. Instead they let you equip more passives, and make those moves better. In a way, it's nice because if I *need* a particular ability for a fight (like Esuna), I have it. The character just might be mediocre and require more babysitting. I like the game so far, since I can use whomever and the auto-battle lets me grind out crystals (secondary levels that unlock passive bonuses) for my characters. Yeah, it's basic right now but it's brand new. I am interested in seeing how it holds up long term.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I got an onion knight and a marie from my pull which is pretty mediocre given how close we are to 7* :sigh:

shits gently caress when you see a onion knight and marie and your immediate thoughts "I really wanted another wilhelm and another ayaka"

I was thinking about using my 10+1, and I realized there are only three units I want (Wilhelm, Marie, and Ayaka), specifically for dupes. I have 6 Dukes, 2 TGCs, 2 DVs, 2 Fryevias, 2 VoLs, 3 Rems, 2 Aileens, 2 Gilgameshes, and 2 Emperors for when 7*, and that's just base 5* units that I have dupes already.

Like....as much as I want to do rare summons, I just don't know what I'd actually want from them. I finally got a bard and a magic tank with Ramza and Chow, so I have every unit type covered as far as I know. I know I should just sit back and gather resources, as the time limited banners wrecked my stockpile.

At this point I really don't know what to do other than TM grind and log in long enough to clear the events/raids and get my daily lapis.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Aranea off my free pull. She may not be good, but at least I can get her TM easily.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Grabbed someones (Sirius?) 100% evade WoL. Set up iNicholas dualing illusions, and Ace on mana battery. Now to repeat my way to victory against Aranea. Originally tried with my own tank, but forgot to re-break her attack, and wiped.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Did anyone else's rookie quests reset? Free lapis so I ain't complaining, just surprised.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

I got a rainbow on today's half price too! My third Gilgamesh. Dammit.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

If anyone is only using android devices, and still wants the iOS compensation, Amazon device farm (https://aws.amazon.com/device-farm/) works. You'll need to enter a cc (but it's amazon, and not some random unknown company at least) and then you get 2 1/2 hours free. I'd recommend requesting several different iphone 5c (I got an v 9.0 one after about 40 minutes). Then you just need to log into the app store, download ffbe, log into facebook through it, and you're good. More info in this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/83wsky/ios_compensation_for_android_users_read_inside/

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

If anyone could use a magic cover tank, I should have a bis chow tomorrow. Just need to remember to actually beat shertan

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

BDawg posted:

What is BIS Chow? Isn’t BIS for a tank very situational?
I mean as a magic cover tank, so maxing health and spirit, the build here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/7w78tw/unit_review_chow_final_fantasy_brave_exvius/

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

LadyPictureShow posted:

I’m sure this has probably been discussed a million times in the thread, but I just started playing a few days ago, so I was wondering if characters’ LB gauges fill at different rates? Setzer’s seems to fill fast as hell, but Basch’s seems to fill waaaay slower than everyone else’s.

I got Basch two days ago in a rainbow crystal; his LB is nothing to write home about (fire damage to one enemy + 100% evade for 3 turns), but dude is a goddamn tank, plus he’s got some pretty good group buffs/debuffs.

You're correct; different characters LBs cost different amounts. Basch is a really nice tank to have, and will help you out for awhile. Have you posted your friends code in the thread yet?

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Sheratan down, all missions except the esper kill (gently caress that noise). Now just have the robot, Malboro, and the other 12 arm trial boss todo.

Relevant to the current discussion,
Ang equipped with the plant killer ability was hilarious

ZarathustraFollower fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 14, 2018

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Got bored, decided to burn all my EX tickets. First lighting off one of them, which I guess is good to give me another potential 7* character since we get the one free? Meh.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Can anyone put up Barbariccia for the Malboro trial? I want to try and finally beat that fucker.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Ugato posted:

I’ve got a pretty decent one I put up. Not particularly tanky - don’t have a dark robe for dark resist. But she’s got discernment and over 5k hp and Diabolos for the dark resist.

thanks trying it now.

Ayaka dualcasting banish clutch killed 1 tiny malboro when I accidentally left it at 1% with no visible health at one point.

Ended up giving up after starting a death spiral. Not sure if I messed up my rotation, but berserk touch got Ramza, and I forgot to dispel crazy mad's buff

edit: I may try again down the road with ayaka swapped out for Yan with world destroyer equipped. She has a really good all damage reduction, and can heal too

ZarathustraFollower fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 15, 2018

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Threw 10 tickets at the attacker banner, snagged my first elfreeda! Got cloud on his banner, so that's 2/3 tdh kit. Makes up for 2 off banner rainbows on e. Aileens banner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Did 10k in pulls on the attacker banner last night. No rainbows. Makes up for getting elfreeda in 5 banners before....

Still have enough for 1 25k stepup and an 11k stepup. Still hurts though

Edit: got olive on one of the two ex tickets. That helped a lot. Ready to 7* her now

ZarathustraFollower fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 19, 2018

• Locked thread