Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

....I'm not sure if a triple rainbow pull could be any more disappointing than this trash fire....
The sadness induced me to do another pull, and it was 1 gold + 10 blues, also all garbage.
Merry Christmas! :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
welp, just blew 67 tickets chasing Kaliva
After 52 summons of pure, utter garbage, I saw 3 rainbows in my last 15 summons before finally getting Kaliva.
Hope that was worth it! :negative:

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Its Sephiroth!
Of course, Gumi completely shafted us on the step ups.

Original
Step 1: 10% Trust Moogle
Step 2: 5★ Rate x1.5
Step 3: Guaranteed 5★
Step 4: 5★ Rate x2 + Guaranteed Silt
Step 5: 5★ Rate x3 + Guaranteed Sephiroth OR Lila

Ours:
Step 1: 10% Trust Moogle (ALL)
Step 2: Guaranteed 4★ Silt
Step 3: Guaranteed 5★ Unit (Random Unit)
Step 4: 10% Chance 5★ Ticket
Step 5: Guaranteed Sephiroth OR Lila

Sooo, there's really no reason to pull on this one at all. Guess I'll keep saving for like Ignis or something. 110k lapis and counting.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Didn't get the Sephiroth I wanted, but I can hardly complain about the Elfreeda I got instead.

I'd say I'm set for damage forever now.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
I recommend finding a Grim Lord Sakura friend instead, she brings some nice utility (break resistance!) in addition to superior damage.

Meanwhile, I too am in search of friends, in this case TDH Tidus friends. Far too many people on my list switched to Lila/Sephiroth/Fryevia, but I just want to do max damage! :argh:

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
I'm pretty surprised how much trouble people are having with Shiva considering how simple it is to straight up shut her down.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

meteor9 posted:

I just don't know what the hell to do about Shiva 3*. All the other 3*s so far have been very easily handled once i looked up a cursory strategy or whatnot, but Shiva's being a massive F2P killer here. I don't have a single Noctus to TMR, let alone two of them, since the game is really adamant that I never get him, and as such I can't PhysEvade any tanks enough to have them not just take 95% of the hits from Hailstrike anyway (causing them to die halfway through the first turn, and if I set up Reraise, cause them to die/res without cover and then everyone wipes). I can get, like, Chizuru up to 100% evade, but even the extremely slow "have evade Chizuru and Minfillia with Mirage/Great Raven Cape cheese the fight while hiding an Ifrit summoner" strategy will just suddenly not work, with Chiz taking a bunch of physical damage and Minfillia somehow not being able to avoid being targeted.

I also tried using a magic tank with a provoke tank for the physicals, but that was going even worse.

Like...what the hell? Why is main feature progression blocked by such an obnoxious wall?

What in the world? You best be kidding.
Ask for an evasion tank friend.
Alternate the AoE Cover and Provoke.
Have 30% Ice resist on everyone.
Ice Resist Buff every 3 turns.
Dispel on threshold imperils.
There, you literally can't lose.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Shoenin posted:

Shame I literally dont need any of them since I have 5 between the Kain Klones and Rydia Raiders. Gotta love those Wall of Spoon's on the pulls.
Mayeb Gau showed up in 10+1 but I didnt pay attention to the 3*'s unless they had green hair.

The funny thing is that Gau also has green hair. :allears:

Its pretty easy to imagine using multiple FD, since both the best chainers and finishers all use it.
2 Tidus chaining for Ang to finish, for example, is the most amount of damage possible at the moment.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Had quite a stash hoarded up so here we go!

Charie
Charie
Sarah
Gilbert
Rikku
Rasler
Luka
Olivia
Elbis
Cecil
Kupipi
Lexa
Werei
Werei
Larsa
Bartz
Ramza #2
Hayate
Ryunan
Sazh
Miyuki
Fang
Cor
Charie
Yang
Merald
Exdeath
Refia
Kamui
Charie
Helena
King
Veritas of the Waters
Mustadio
Krile
Maria
Sabin
Ludmille
Shera
Hayate
Abel
Rasler
Shadow
Galuf
Kupipi
Fang
Merald
Garnet
Miyuki
Ruggles
Tellah
Lexa
Lenna
Amy
Russel
Gau
Vaan
Camille
Bartz
Charie
And Nichol

65 summons and 2 rainbows is almost exactly on average, so I can't complain too much there. Now the real question is...do I go for a 2nd Nichol? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Ugato posted:

You need 11 drops to go to Nichol and by adding 5 LC gen / turn you only negate the need for 3 LC over 3 turns. Meaning you need a total of 9 drops to go to him.

Rikku had less than half that requirement - 16 LC base - with 100% innate lb gen. It was entirely possible to get rng screwed on LCs even only needing 4.

I’m not saying the Nichol plan won’t work out most of the time. But getting 8 over 3 turns versus 5 over 3 turns - the latter is far more reliable. Plus it gives the second* biggest +% LB buff in the game to your entire party, also.

* forgot pouch was freaking 200%

I keep doing 2 and I don’t know why I’m stuck on it. Basically the +% lb buff is the same contribution as your 3 lb gen pieces of equipment. So if you think your LB Gen is overkill then drop the stat-less stuff for things with stats on them.

Also that build has 5k HP and is going to die to a stiff wind.
On the other hand, if you're feeling lucky, the rare item world ability on daggers is High Tide (100%), so a Bowie Knife or Ulric's Kukri is very well suited to him. Or both if you're feeling lucky (or like whaling)

• Locked thread