Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

hagie posted:

Yea I know it’s a slippery slope but claiming that 1%-3% is some enormous rate up is a bit misleading.

It sort of is unless you want an entire team of 5*s right the gently caress now. With the new 6 buck sub thing you can do daily half pulls every day just by doing your daily quests, combined with the tickets they are handing out you pretty much should be guaranteed to pull at least 1 5* a month. A month is a whole lot better than 1 every 3 months.

We are still in the phase where 5* units are still rare, if you want 5* given out like candy then jump in the japanese version or wait a year (if gumi actually starts handing out UoC tickets as often as they do in japan)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

They will if they want to stay on the App Store...

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius- Now exclusive for Android Devices!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah, I'm gonna skip this banner.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

hamsystem posted:

Just went and tested this and the answer is yes. :stare:

Welp *takes out credit card*

Did a 10+1 and Christine was my second unit that showed up with the tinkerer as the first. I wont be needing you today friendo *Puts credit card back in the wallet*

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Dec 22, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Watch me farm up a bunch of TMs for my magic units and have Gumi release Aileens enhancements next batch.

Should I even bother with sword and arms when I have 4 Williams? Will the flexibility of williams TM and extra defense outweigh a few extra damage?

e-Ummmm another question for Christine that I might test later. Taunts interaction with it. 50% damage mitigation is huge, most of the time you dont see units having more than 30%. Even if its single target and has a hefty demerit attached to it in the form of stop, if the unit taunted already then it doesnt matter right? The enemy is still going to punch it in the face regardless of whether or not its stopped? I know a stopped unit wont cover, but taunt and cover work differently

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Dec 22, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I wish it would scale off of SPR too so I can give it to ayaka on trash fights. Ice shards thing might be nice if the mob is weak to ice and you trigger your own 100% ice debuff but the % damage just cant match chaos wave spam. It does give T.Terra a way to single target burst chain on those fights where using aoe means death.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

werdnam posted:

I've had terrible luck with 10+1s lately, but in the past two days I got Roy, Christine, and William #2 out of a handful of 4*and regular tickets, so I'm pretty happy with that.

What TMRs should I be looking for to gear up Christine? She's my first top tier (?) magic damage dealer.

She's def top tier if you can imperil reliably, but being a limited unit means you wont find a whole lot of other hers to chain with to maximize damage with elemental spark chains. Still, her BIS would probably be 2 mateus malices or 1 mateus malice 1 malborowhip/draco spear if the enemy is of those types, a pair of dark robes or swimsuit finas clothes, timothis hat, her own accessory, genji glove.

Materias would be 1 rod mastery, 1 Fina's materia (If using robes, swimsuit is clothes), or just filling everything out with Williams materia.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

It appears that the story quests are going to have escalating costs as well making the grind that much worse. Best to wait for next week and hopefully they'll unveil a harder difficulty that rewards canes by the thousands.

It's funny because it's roughly the same amount of currency you'd get in a normal King Mog event but because there are no bonus units you realize how awful those events really are.

I really would have liked those pots too. I'm not even sure the 4* ticket is worth the 67 runs it would take to get it. The Halloween skeleton key event by comparison was way better than this crap.

I know a loving 4* isnt worth it right now so I'm TMing till Gumi gets its head out of its rear end and gives us 10+1 ticket bribe.

Tall Tale Teller posted:

It's really cute if gumi expects me to grind for this garbage a hundred candy canes at a time.

This event is bullshit, the units are lovely. Merry Christmas to all and to all a Type-0 unit.

Christine is fine. In fact I'm thinking of running her with my Fry instead of using my T.Terras for some content. And she fits great with T.Terra for 10 mans.

Ice is stronger here than its ever been in japan which is cool (huuurrr huuuuuuurrr). Now gumi, dont gently caress up Fry's enhancements and you're golden

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Dec 22, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They had a winning recipe with the Easter event and I dont think they've done it again.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PDQ Law posted:

Welp, I burned my stockpile of 60 tickets, 4 4* tickets, 4 4* EX tickets, and 8 10+1 tickets, but did not pull Christine.

However, I did pull:
Dark Veritas
Kryla
Loren
Fryevia
Ayaka
William
Fohlen #2.

At least I can use DV+Agrias as chainers for 10-man trials which was the point of this spree, and once I level up Ayaka I can catch up on the trials.

Two top tier attackers and THE top tier healer.

Ahh I thought you drew wilhelm, welp still a good set but not nearly enough 5* in there given the pulls

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 23, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If anything you have a really hard choice when 7* comes out and you dont know where to spend your UOC ticket. Lloren, Wilhelm, VoD are all amazing top tier at their role characters and Ayaka's bound to have a strong 7* she's already insane.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Office Thug posted:

Meanwhile, JP has a raid going on for Christmas, and although the raid summon units aren't great (they're the same ones we just got in our tritrinity raid) there is a santa sleigh that flies in the background of the raid fight and it has chocobos guiding it. Pretty loving cool event!

They added another base 5* on that event but alim is pretty poo poo and decided not to give her a 7* BUT they are giving out like 2 10+1 pulls a day or something like that for 2 days and the 10+1 paid gacha guarantees santa roselia which is bonkers.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It really is one of the most poorly designed events Ive ever seen. The base rewards aren't worth the grind, probably even with a higher drop rate. There just arent enough rewards in the list to justify continues running for players and then to top it off the event requires the entire global community to unlock the story content. Whoever designed this needs to be fired to ensure something like this never happens again.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

next global event: you need to grind 5000000 ramza shards in order to unlock the first level of ramza bard enhancements

had a good laugh at this

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Man, I think this event is great! Now I won't be distracted from spending time with my family, and I may even have two Patriotic Recalls finished by the new year.

Im cooking 2 letters, christines accessory, noctis ring and d.finas swimsuit. After that I'm going to cook either more letters or williams materia with either timothy's hat or iNics. Im all in the magic meta because I cant trust gumi to release Aileens enhancements soon.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

we literally will not get there. Each stage has gone up by about 90%, which means the final stages are going to cost billions of candy canes. They'd have to intervene for us to get there.

How many parts is the story?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Office Thug posted:

Bbbbut it's a one-handed instrument! Think of all the units that could benefit from a one-handed instrument for passives like, well, uhhh

Enhanced Lunera but thats like the only reason and then you need the crossbow from this events 4* too to make it work

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

This just reinforces my belief that the person who designed this should be fired. This sort of obtuseness cannot be cured

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wheres the 5* ticket you fucks

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

One thing I like about this lull is that Ive actually burned the excess energy pots I had stashed. Im actually at 180 now after using like 90 on refreshes just because all of the ones I couldnt get from the mail do to overflow

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nyalu's has the most :kimchi: animation

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

That feeling when you expect more than a 10+1 ticket from a fan festa as reward today but the only new things are in the shop

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Trilin posted:

....I'm not sure if a triple rainbow pull could be any more disappointing than this trash fire....
The sadness induced me to do another pull, and it was 1 gold + 10 blues, also all garbage.
Merry Christmas! :negative:

Destroyed

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Dana Crysalis posted:

Holy wow, jackpot.

So Christine isn't just "Ice Trance Terra", though the fact she perfect chains with TT is amazing. She also chains with Tidus (Absolute Zero), and any of the Orlandu family (Ice Shards). She works with SO MANY people.

Whaaaat Absolute Zero has quick hit frames!? Thats loving amazing

e-It does not apparently

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Dec 25, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wrong thread

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ugato posted:

It’s just in a weird place because it’s limited to sword, GS, katana and dagger and there is a surprising amount of overlap with that specific gear selection and innate DW. Basically not having spears on there hurts it a decent amount. But anyone that uses those weapon types as their optimal and doesn’t have innate DW, it’s usually BIS. Going with the closest comparison (of, actually, a unit that doesn’t exist) - 191 base atk, Genji and (40% atk materia) is 95 atk. Swapping to Loren’s TM and Desch’s earring is 101 atk. And the gap only gets bigger, in favor of Loren’s TM, as you lower the base atk of the unit.

Orlandu - +7 atk
DV - +10 atk

And so on.

Mostly, though, the reason people complain about it - katanas kinda suck in general right now and we got the shaft on swords in global. But this is all super min-max-y stuff. If you don’t have a Genji glove it’s basically an auto-equip on anyone that would use it.

7* makes an even more pronounced difference, since Orlandu/Beatrix et all get equipment attack buffs as passives while dual wielding but have no innate dual wield so its more important to use raw attack accessories than a genji glove if possible.

Poor loving Gilgamesh, his accessory being phased out and him mysteriously passed off from promotion to 7*

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I mean yeah but he was one of the first 5*s in the game and had to wait till batch 3 to get his which is weird as gently caress. I can understand Ayaka but Gilgamesh?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Dana Crysalis posted:

yeah, wait those 8 months for Hyou, good choice.

He's absolutely right about Seph/Lila. If 7* hadn't come out then yeah, I'd say hold out till that banner since its fantastic but 7*s coming out so quickly after it and them being literally the last 5*s to get 7* forms means that you'll have really shiny benchwarmers for 4-5 months after they stop being relevant a month and change after they come out.

Although by then we'll know if their 7*s are loving insane and then we can decide to roll on their rate up just as an investment :v:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

global is a different game, my friend, and so the order of 7* release will be researched by leading psychologists to inflict the most possible wallet opening torture gumi can devise.

They will absolutely poo poo on Eileen again because Famitsu has her at the top of the rankings

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sage Sakuras 7* is loving bonkers and she's back to being the strongest finisher mage in the game. She can never hope to have the alpha turn 1 damage that T.Terra has, but now her biggest weakness, her ramp up is severely cut now thanks to an ability that allows her to penta cast her strongest abilities. It also means you have access to a devastating finisher every 5 turns if you can manage to find an absurdly high chain partners (Now the new stupid 40 hit attacks make sense)

Ayaka 7* doesn't have the flexibility that JP Santa Roselia has, but she has one thing going for her and its that she's the loving tankiest white mage in the game. 80% chance of surviving 3 deathblows, built in 2k health shield at the start of battle strong health passives. Ayaka is who you want for bullshit turn 0 alpha damage from bosses. With entrust being more common, she can still provide semi-reliable debuff clearing, which is still her biggest weakness.

Duke 7* Ah duke. You were the sacrificial lamb for the gimmick awakenings for this round. If it wasn't obvious from the red armor, Duke follows FFXIVs school of dragoons. They loving hate dragons. His 100+ jumps all have built in insane modifiers against dragons and his 5 turn cooldown ability provides an aoe 100% imperil against ice, strong 70% aoe phys break and the ability to smack down a dragon in the next 2 turns with a 750% base damage jump with 200% additional damage against them, built in ice attack so you aren't gimped by your weapon choices. Also if that doesn't sound like a lot of loving damage against dragons he gets a passive that further boosts jump damage (which isn't cap like other % damage increases) AND gets an additional 100% damage from new killers when wielding swords/lances/greatswords. AND his super TM is a 173 attack spear with 75% dragon killer. gently caress DRAGONS

Aranea 7* is a more boring duke with the same ratio for timed jumps but more MP efficient and 2hander so probably overall a better finisher than him except when fighting dragons.

Kush 7* That weird magic cat, I dont loving know whats up with her kit, its a mess. A hybrid finisher that imperils the elements shes hit but whose imperils aren't as strong as whats more commonly available now with 7*. Instead she got uncommonly high increases to the raw damage of all of those attacks. She also has an attack which assumes chains perfectly with Lunera's ray ability. She also can grant your party complete damage immunity a like 5 elements at once 50% of the time in a fight so she can be pretty useful for high elemental damage fights that use those.

Prompto 7* If kushs kit was a mess then promptos is catastrophe. I dont have a clue whats going on here

Lotus Fina 7* mostly got passives and a very long cooldown on demand party AoE reraise. Like ayaka it seems that she got a relatively light touch but her gimmick just isn't as defined. She can be more useful than ayaka in the event that she can survive an alpha strike since she can bring the entire party back up while giving herself reraise, but shes less likely to survive that alpha strike than Ayaka.

Eiko 7*- If you want a summon gauge filled then this is your girl I guess. Eiko should be the strongest hitting straight up summoner in the game too.

Yuna 7*- Doesn't have the straight up summoner finishing capabilities that Eiko has in raw damage, but her gimmick of consistent finishing damage thanks to her summon gauge using abilities is stronger than ever.

Elfrieda 7* Outside of the 100% ice imperil on demand, I just dont see how you can fit her in a team. She's a counter tank with regen, a strong 50% damage mitigation that doesn't have a built in taunt and she sort of cant equip a shield. Her damage boosts were implemented into her counter attacks. Definetely more useful in global thanks to ice being a stronger element here, but I'd rather use a duke than her if I want ice imperils and I dont care about the early damage as much.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Dec 27, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Jump is so loving busted that they had like a years worth of TMs and gear to make it more palatable and now Duke and Aranea have the ability to time their jumps. RIP Fohlen you were a few months away from tech that would have made you more useful.

Jumpers will probably be the strongest single hit finishers in the game now, even though their raw % dont seem that high. Just because there are so many +100% jump damage gear and because jump doesn't cap.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Dec 27, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So with Ignis out and a few of the units also having these abilities although not as prominently as Ignis I guess we have a brand new architecture. Enhancer. Support roles with buffs, slight heals and the ability to imbue elements on other characters. Im feeling that Gumi has a better grasp of what Alim are doing now and are building around what Alim has planned instead of doing their own thing.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Varance posted:

More like Ignis cooks things to give the party healing and buffs, and after he's done cooking, he can give characters an elemental imbue for a couple of rounds. One of his dishes has a 6 round cooldown, but boosts all stats by 150% and prevents stat debuffs. He also dishes out a 100% fire imperil. Downside is that all of his abilities take two turns to ramp up, and his elemental imbues are locked behind cooking, so you end up in a rotation of food preparation >> serve food >> give imbue. He's not going to be highly rated.

I still want to know why he gets blind resist.

He's a better CG Nichol I think. Sure he spends a turn to prep, but with his TM on he can dual cast cookings. He's basically a stronger bard, thats not locked into singing but needs a turn to prep.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I honestly think Gumi is padding the numbers of canes on the tracker because no one is actually farming this. Unless its bots

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Got a tidus from the ticket, my second. Not bad actually, since my eventual 7* lightning can chain with him (eventually)

Spent money to chase cloud now that I have tidus (dont spend money chasing 5* TMs)

:negative:

At least I got an Elfrieda.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I really should just liberate my mind from things like dual wield and tdh and just accept magic into my heart now and forever. It'll be a whole lot cheaper on my wallet.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

People at one point thought that ability enhancements weren't coming out on global because it made poo poo units better and that would counter productive for Gumi since they can just sell you a stronger unit. Look at how wrong those people were (Except for ramza, they were totally right about him in particular never getting enhancements)

7*s are coming, and they are going to have the same mechanics to get as the japanese ones. Its too large of a mechanic to change.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

AegisP posted:

It would allow them to space out the batches of 7*s more easily too, rather than big clumps at once for catch-up purposes.

Of course, the game kind of still needs content that challenges 7* unit havers, even if it's just another tougher stage of trials (this would seem to be the most equitable way of doing things). JP has what, Odin 3*'s fight that was just released which seems to be one of the few challenging fights even for 7*s? The rest, you bring 7*s and roll right over everything.

Odin is basically "OK boys you've had a few months to get at least 7*s dps ready, prepare your anus" when the boss soft enrages at 40% health and you have to rush to finish it before he wipes your party. 6* dps aren't enough to clear the enrage.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Skyridge posted:

I just don't think they'll be able to get away with the JP 7* system given how much stingier they are with 5*s in global.

People keep saying this but we are actually AHEAD of the curve when it comes to things like 3x rates and TMR moogles. Like this banner would still have been at 1x rates if it was following japans schedule. Yeah events didn't have tickets that were available in japan during these events, but a lot of these events happened in japan later in their schedule than what we got them. Now with the 3x rainbow rate I assume we will see them letting up on 4* tickets (we are already seeing it with them being available on king mog) and it'll be just like japan where they really opened the faucets for 5*s when 7* came out.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nuebot posted:

So what's the record for getting the same garbage unit in a single roll? Because I fooled myself into thinking I could roll a Noel and, well;

thats pretty god awful roll given the only worthwhile unit is a 3* tank a year past his prime. Even his TM isnt that good anymore since by the time you finish cooking it Excalibur 2 will probably be out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Fohlen is horrible. His 7* has a poo poo ton of burst damage on his jump but they saw fit to not retroactively let it timed like the newer dragoons so hes stuck on gimmick teams that no longer work with the new set of content.

• Locked thread