Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Got Oldmandu fully upgraded. Now I'm in an epic struggle with this loving ice bird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Glacial down. Gave up on the Ifrit summon somewhere around turn 40 when summon orbs seemed to stop dropping. Took about 10 "attempts" before he left my 2 dps alive (Landu & Agrias with fire weapons). I'll come back with Garnet to get the materia later. I'd also recommend bringing a Bushido freedom to dispel the debuff the little bird puts on you. Super easy once you get past that first round hump.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

new kind of cat posted:

Anyone able to friend-host a Tidus with a fire weapon? I can do the same if anyone needs.

How much ice resistance should I be aiming for if I'm trying to 1 round this bad boy?

I wouldn't worry about ice resistance. The main thing is having paralysis resist on your dps. There's a reason he's called the reset bird and once he leaves your 2 dps alive you can 1 shot him pretty easily.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Speaking of Santa Roselia, I was curious how she stacks up with enhancements:.

Not too bad apparently. She's obviously not gonna be top tier with having dual cast and full life linked behind an activation move, but she looks sturdy as hell and her reactive healing should be pretty amazing.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So, what if you don't have two Onion Knights?

I used Agrias and Orlandu with fire weapons. Orlandu had tetra sylpheed equipped for bird killer and it wasn't even close.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Nice, glad I could help!

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Anytime! I'll leave him up for a few days.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Pulled a Christine on a 4* ticket. She seems pretty good after a little training dummy time. If nothing else that TM is sweet.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

PDQ Law posted:

What I want to know is if Christine's Snow Burial spark-chains with T.Terra's awakened chaos wave, because that opens up a great pairing for any 10-man trial that is not ice- or magic-resistant.

Just went and tested this and the answer is yes. :stare:

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Welp *takes out credit card*

Did a 10+1 and Christine was my second unit that showed up with the tinkerer as the first. I wont be needing you today friendo *Puts credit card back in the wallet*

RNGesus is the reason for the season!

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Another neat thing about Christine is she can imbue an ally to cast ice shards for 3 rounds which is just a single target chaining move. It does decent damage if you use it on another high MAG character like her new bff T.Terra.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Yeah, and somebody on Reddit pointed out it could potentially be good for Fry if you wanted to bring her along for ice imperil. I feel like it might open up a lot of interesting combos.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

hagie posted:

HOLY gently caress level 2 just opened up and it’s 500 loving CANES??

Fwiw you get a summon ticket.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They had a winning recipe with the Easter event and I dont think they've done it again.

Easter event was the gold standard of how events should be done and I'm still sitting on like 1500 megacryts.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How many Pod 153s would someone really ever use? Is Pod 153 still a sought-after materia to use? I don't see a lot of talk about it anymore

2 for chaining is all you need really.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
The final stage better give a 5* ticket or this whole thing is a giant piece of poo poo.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
And if they can't chain she can just make them chain.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Got a Luneth from my 10+1. I don't really use a finisher much these days but whatever, I'll take it.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Story 4 is out, reward is 500 lapis for 1500 candy canes.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Rem #1. Now I regret not getting her exclusive gear.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I think I'm done pulling until 7*s come to global. I have enough units and TMs to farm that I should be set for awhile.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

This dude's post is a case study on hoarding. Struggling on fights while sitting on 300+ tickets, lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/7mmwcb/do_people_who_spend_money_on_banners_essentially/

I'm like the exact opposite of this guy which is why I'm going to try and hoard for awhile. I might spend on limited banners if the units are worth it but I really don't need anything right now. Looking at the unit rankings by role on the wiki I think I have at least 2 of every top 5.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Story 5 is out for 2000 candy canes. It gives the joyful spirit recipe and unlocks a new tier of candy cane gettin'.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I can toss Firelandu with Tetra Sylpheed for bird killer up if y'all need.

Done:

hamsystem fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jan 4, 2018

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Welp another super easy raid boss, thanks Gumi!

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I need another cryst farming story event. I got a half finished Rem and Luneth plus whatever else might be coming soon (Ramzalol).

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Macro didn't crash at all last night!... Too bad I had the wrong party running it. :downs:

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
At the very least you should enhance 1.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Daily half pull popped out a VoL which is dope since she was high up on the list of units I wanted. I need to grind a few TMs, but I have everything to BiS her. Now I just need VoD to complete the set.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
You can also throw a joyful spirit on Ramza and make him immune to everything that matters.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
What's the best place for t3 crysts? I have one Xon+cape+pod if that helps.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
You could probably beat it pretty easy after you enhance her. I don't know what TMs/gear you have but I'd use like iron duke in one hand and Aileen's tm in the other and go from there.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
They're the strongest on demand atk/mag breaks in the game and they last for 5 turns. I don't have the posts in front of me breaking down the math but the amount of damage reduced is a significant increase over 45/50% breaks.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Decided I'd throw 5 tickets at the banner for some bonus units. Got Balthier on the third and called it good enough.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Can confirm T.Terra solo strat works. I don't have a rainbow robe so I used a Minerva bustier instead. The only tricky part is the chocobo but it's fine if you keep yourself healed.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Mine does. She's only rocking about 700 mag and the last boss usually takes a good 7-8 rounds to kill minimum.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I think 3 turn/50% breaks wouldn't be too out of line for Ling. Maybe something to up her abysmal HP and a better mana restore and I think she'd be pretty awesome again.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
For sure. Ling was a staple of my arena team for a long time and was almost entirely responsible for my first 100 streak. She just has a few obvious weaknesses that could easily be fixed.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I wasn't crazy about Rem when I pulled her but she's really strong after she's enhanced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Welp they broke/fixed magnification chaining which really loving sucks. Hopefully it gets reverted or my desire to play is gonna plummet.

• Locked thread