Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

hagie posted:

Word-play does not make it really anymore statistically significant.

1/100 vs 3/100 does not make me immediately think “oh wow that’s 3x the chance!”

10/100 or something would be more of a significant increase.

Why not just make it 50/100! Make it more common to get a rainbow than a gold!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Reposting from the last thread:

This is a Kotaku link and I guess Goons have a thing about them, but whatever, click it.

https://trib.al/k13cjSo

Here's a Polygon link (also I guess Goons hate them too but whatever man, news is news) with the same news:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/21/...source=facebook

:siren:Apple has just announced that all loot box odds must be disclosed.:siren:

No news yet on the Play Store, but who knows?

Gacha is a loot box.

This is good news for consumers.

But Squeenix won't let them!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
So what are thoughts on Christine and Kryla now that we have their full profiles datamined?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Luneth #2 on the 5* ticket. He gets to join Noctis on team "Mediocre 7*s"

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Skyridge posted:

Does any other physical tank have any use over Wilhelm?

If you don't have iNichol then willy can't do aoe tanking, so WoL will still be needed for physical aoe heavy fights.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Mustached Demon posted:

Alright I am getting this chain attacking right? Barbacoa uses tornado (wind) and my veritas of flame comes in during the way long attack animation with aero axe which also does wind for mega damage?

My squads kind of in limbo now: either autos through or gets blasted back the Bush W years. The story bosses are starting to get tough enough to notice chain text at least.

Veritas of flame also looks pretty metal so he's cool. Reading he's no dark veritas but who cares dat flaming axe.

For chaining you need 2 characters who have an ability that hits multiple times with the same frame timing. Two of the same unit works best, or two characters with the same ability or ones who share identical frames, which unless you are lucky is generally one of yours and a friend unit. Veritas of the Flame is a finisher, he throws out single big hits. You want to time his hit to come at the end of a chain, because the longer the chain the higher the damage multiplier goes.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I think Beatrix is one of the few units that chains with enhanced Aileen, which would be really nice

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Not perfectly, Beatrix has a wonky animation for her chain ability which means she doesn't perfect chain with anyone, not even herself

Well, no one chains perfectly with enhanced Aileen until 6* Camille as far as I can tell. Which sucks.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
It's really odd to skip right to the ff12 banner as it means skipping very big banners: ff9, which may not be important to the game meta but has fan favorite units that people would still pull for, although it does have the first of the modern summon units in eiko; CG Sakura, top JP mage until 7*; ff10, same as ff9 and has the second modern summon init; CG Fina, who is the biggest whale bait until 7*

E: threw a couple more tickets at Kings Knight to try for magic dh man:.

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jan 15, 2018

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Which never made sense in the first place.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I rented the remaster. Was quickly reminded of why I didn't like the game, returned it.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Acelerion posted:

7ish lgd runs and only 1 without bonus mobs...seems decent. Should knock out needs real quick so I can go back to tmr afking.

Can rock it pretty quick with 2x orlandu

Apparently you are getting all my bonus monsters, because I've done about that many runs with 0 bonus monsters.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

NinjaDebugger posted:

Another crossover we won't get.

Yeah, I look forward to not getting that crossover

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I pulled Loren this morning. Which is kind of amusing since I pulled Gilgamesh last week. The two versions of DW+ in one week! Would be nice if they were actually useful as units though.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Dana Crysalis posted:

They did put it in yesterday's news, even providing pre-emptive compensation because it was going to be a long one.

I never actually got the message in game for it.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Which creates a big disparity between iOS players and Android players, which is frankly bullshit.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Ratmtattat posted:

Pulled a Basch this morning on the daily. He looks like a pretty good tank.

I was also reading this morning that for the new big boss you can use Xon to steal his 100% buff. It doesn't take the boss' buff away, but you guys will be both be immune for the duration.

Already fixed.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
This game is rapidly becoming something you pretty much have to play on an emulator, since you need one to TMR farm and now to chain anyone who doesn't use tgc frames.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Daily half price

That will do.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Other than, you know, a notification specifically about it.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

hagie posted:

And what was the math for "on banner" 5*s? Isn't it less than 1%?

With a single rainbow banner 1.5%

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Skyridge posted:

When was the last time Brave Exvius did something to really get people excited? The FF9 event will qualify for me, but not everyone.

Nier?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

new kind of cat posted:

i just want a gat-dang CG Sakura, but two 11 pulls and a bunch of tickets has netted me precisely crap.

this is penance for finally drawing a gilgamesh two weeks ago, but i'm happy with my genji gloves.

not even gonna bother chasing the time-limited units. any of them disgustingly OP? dog looks cool, but nothing else stuck out.

Doggo is good magic tank and also good boy. Archer is apparently best TDH FD finisher in the game and is estimated to stay that way until 7*.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Kheldarn posted:

Hmm... maybe I need to start trash talking RNJesus, then...

Stupid RNJesus, giving me garbage like Yuri and Bedile!

So does rnjesus have battered wife syndrome?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
$46

Just wanted to say that. $46

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Dana Crysalis posted:

If Gumi had followed that rule, I would have pulled Yun today instead of Queen. And had amazing physical chaining with Yun / Nyx. But instead I have to bench this queen and wait until 7* for her to be relevant.

Also re: dragons, they only took ten turns for me. WoL for break / cover, GLS for magic Damage, Queen for Physical damage, Zarg for buffs, Ayaka for healz, a friend Fryevia that didn't really contribute. the 9th turn I had them both at 1%, but had to defend the round because both dragons had given their skill to the same person. :(

Tossed all of my lapis at the dog banner with an 11 pull. Got my third Olive, who gets to join #1 and 2 in sitting on the bench doing absolutely nothing.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
So we are apparently skipping several good banners to get the extremely mediocre FF15 Prompto banner/raid this week. Wtf gumi, where is ff9 and cg fina

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Pokemaster #421 posted:

So is this new banner worth pulling on? Last 5 star I pulled was the new Sakura who seems p decent, but I've been getting nothing but garbage since then. 10+1 ticket was pure trash and if these new 5 stars aren't anything to write home about I'll prob sit it out for a couple weeks.

Edit - hmm just pulled an olive off of an ex ticket, is she still usable? I run cloud and onion knight for my physical damage guys but she has ability awakenings if I'm not mistaken. Are they enough to bump her up to the upper ranks?

The 2 rainbows on this banner are decent if you have cloud and 1 or 2 elf ladies for a TDH build. Otherwise they are crap.

Olive's enhancements let her have absurd ATK, especially if(again) you have cloud + elf ladies, but she is still a finisher in a meta where finishers have trouble finding a place.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Cartoon Man posted:

Oh we’ll get a lottery all right. $4.99 per ticket...

You are optimistic. $10 per ticket, can buy any amount

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
10+1 ticket got me a rainbow! It was D Fina. I hate this game, and it hates me. Got 2 steiners from 4* tickets, nothing else on banner.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Did anyone else's rookie quests reset? Free lapis so I ain't complaining, just surprised.

It periodically happens to random people. No resets for me yet sadly.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Princess Alexandria+1 --+50%SPR & Increase Summon Damage 10

Princess Alexandria+2--+50% SPR & Increase Summon Damage 10%+30% All Element Resists

So just a minor buff to her new passive.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I do find it amusing that Lara is a Kelsus-level unit: Free unit that is extremely crappy(and doesn't even have a 7* form in JP haha). Except that Kelsus had a decent TMR, while Lara has one that is worse than most 3* units.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

new kind of cat posted:

nice.

so something I've been wondering with summoners -- what do they need for gear? My understanding is their native stats don't affect summon damage, so is the goal to just gear them for survivability and nuke as often as possible with, most likely, Bahamut?

Generally you gear them towards their secondary role they will do on turns you aren't summoning I think.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Tengames posted:

I have some bad news for you regarding ff6 and steam ports....

Yeah, the FF6 steam port got just as bad reviews. SE is making rather questionable decisions on their ports to PC. Mainly in that they are taking the laziest way they can. At least SEGA just went with "Create an official emulator and roms for games" for the SEGA Classics.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

It would be a third birthday collab anyways

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Bubba Fuzz posted:

Screw it, if they're open to busting out random rear end former Eidos properties, I might as well hope for a Legacy of Kain collab

This is a collab I could get behind.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
You 3 Greg people are just 1 short of a genji helm!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So, do Tidus' enhancements make it easier to chain with him?

No, his frames do not change, he just does more damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Got up another 5k lapis from doing the story to make another attempt for exAileen. Did the pull, saw a rainbow in the last slot!

I mean, it's another rainbow, but still not really one I wanted. She doesn't chain well with any rainbow except fohlen, who admittedly I do have. Her equipment options are rather limited and I don't have a lot of TMRs to equip her right now, and fohlen has the exact same equipment options. Dunno, maybe I will warm up to her. At least she has a little dragon.

• Locked thread