Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Dana Crysalis posted:

This is actually a NOT TERRIBLE but somewhat okay materia for Wilhelm, who has passive 50% status ailment resists across the board. so it's basically a discernment for him with 10% HP. (Who care's if he's blinded, really.)
I was struggling to remember which character had 50% ailment passives, so thanks for the heads up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

equip daggers is not more useful than throw or drink or anything

Equip Dagger can let you equip a dagger with 10% HP or some evasion therefor it is functionally a 10% HP TM at least.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, he was one of my earliest and he's a pretty likable character, so the poo poo treatment he gets in both versions of the game is kinda weird.
Him and Zarg are my only 7* candidates at the moment.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
He's just kinda dodgy. He gets enhancements eventually and given he's inherently weaker than Tidus and Aileen, I think it shouldn't be too far off.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Agreed posted:

Cagnazzo and Mystea are boss as gently caress. I feel like I wasted resources enhancing WOL's tanking today (I know it'll be handy, though, he brings a lot to the fight). Glacial and the Bloody Moon can't do poo poo to my party, they're a total wall. I only have 40 hp of pots in Mystea and nothing in Cagnazzo too.
The pair is pretty much perfect for Marlboro too, so you know they're good when they can tank that clusterfuck of a fight.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I just remembered, but Fohlen owners can benefit from him next trial (not 10 man) since it's weak to Wind. Although it can be cheesed with Shantotto/Barbarricia I guess.

It has 80 million HP, high defenses, unbreakable def/spr, and will cast AoE Death and full heal every turn after turn 8. So uh, work on your wind stuff.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

werdnam posted:

4* ticket was Gladiolus #2, 5* ticket was Delita. Crap.
Hello fellow 5* ticket Delita puller.
I guess he can help 1 shot tougher raids...

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Happy new year!

The monthly rewards for January are pretty blue. 3600 Lapis, 4 expansion vouchers, a ticket and a 4* ticket.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Gotta consider how many people have their fingers in this pie too. Profits have to go to Square and Alim as well.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Honestly who even burns Lapis for energy these days when we have a nearly nonstop refill fountain of free energy pots given out?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Someone pointed out that the King's Knight 4* dragon TM has the potential to shore up a ton of support units. It's 30% DEF + a 3 turn damage mitigation ability. Knwoing Gumi though it'll be 10% or something.

I made 5 of those Joyful Spirit materias, 1 for Wilhelm and the rest for other units. Not sure if I should make more, they took a lot of resources.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
More maintenance means more compensation! The best of both worlds!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

hagie posted:

I think I’m going to be that guy and avoid the Esper mission reward. With all the lapis they have been throwing and will throw at us this month, I don’t think that’s going to break me.

Is it so hard to just autoattack for a turn or 3? The boss is so pathetic it likely can't even kill you even without buffs.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Shoenin posted:

Daily gently caress Toby

Also did they have this same event in Japan right now or did they have it earlier?
They're having it right now but everyone but the 5* are different in rarity and much more useless than our versions because of the 7* meta over there.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ramza also doesn't break enemies with his song, so there's that, although I doubt many used Roy for his breaking potential.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
We've been in a bit of downward spiral since Christmas, but FF9 and 10 are soon and should legitimately have some ok things worth pulling (and actual fan favorite characters).

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Gumi will have 7*s be exclusive units that only the top players from a raid will receive

just adapt this to FFBE
I kinda want this unironically if only to try to be up there without spending a dime (impossible).
I have seen games that reward premium currency and stuff to the top rankers in arena, so it just makes the rich get richer. It's the greatest form of whale bait really.

Office Thug posted:

Welp. There's nothing good on this banner, just don't bother with it.

And none of them, whatsoever, have TMRs you'd really want. Jiraiyas would be better than Prishe' Hat in some limited cases for ATK, and I guess could lead to better gimmick 100% evade units, but that's loving it. PG Lassworm's TMR is maybe ok too since it's 30% general ATK with 30% HP and a tiny morsel of LB gauge boost attached. Everything else is complete garbage,
You would be correct on that last part except the headband is not even a hat, it's an accessory.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The picture showing the FFXII bonus units has a Gabranth in its team. Gimu perfect as always.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Ugato posted:

Nah, that’s Drace. Shockingly the Judges all look basically the same.

e: I thought the same thing myself at first "why is zarglebargle on here and why is he only 75%?"
Nah, it's not Drace, there's two judges in the party and Zarg isn't featured. Plus you can tell it's Gabranth's sword from the yellow.
Specifically, it's the picture at the very bottom of the update announcing the event rewards, the one that explains how bonus units work.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah considering potential holidays, we're not going a new FF related thing till at least the 23rd. People already dug up CNY raid assets and there's gotta be something for Valentine's so that's two weeks at least till FF9/10.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So, they responded to 25 "fan suggestions" on their Facebook page.

Lots of "thank you" and "we will consider this" answers.

Fountain of Lapis is a solid "maybe."

Link for anyone interested.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Probably outdated and contracts not working that way or something. If a game or mobile IP can't benefit from a global FFBE collab's advertising because it's JP only that makes it 99% less likely to come over, even when there would be a logical substitute product (IE: MHW, DQ and DQ games...).

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Good riddance to CNY. These 2 weeks coupled with their bundle/banner disasters have had a hell of an impact on the community. Not even the hack or Christmas got this bad.

I'm guessing it's the only reason they suddenly have somewhat reasonable deals up today but I'm sure it's too little too late.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Scrublord Prime posted:

Is type zero popular in Japan or something because gently caress all these type zero events and banners
Nope. At least not the fans of this game:

The last one tied with 3 is Tactics.

Lotsa other poll results here.

HGH fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 28, 2018

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So is Leviathan 2 just an RNG fuckfest? Because throwing random infinite damage instakills or just spamming AoEs if he feels like it is reminding me badly of a certain halloween skeleton.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The RNG issue is just the Mow Down spam getting too much sometimes, but also this:

quote:

60% HP threshold: 10% chance of using Sealing Foam (max 1/turn).
If Sealing Foam is cast, Leviathan casts Bubbles of Rage on the next turn.

Bubbles of Rage: Magic damage (200x) to one enemy.
This thing has no element and just hits whoever (Mystea or Wilhelm) for 150K damage or so. And then my strategy sorta falls apart.

The wind thing is also nonelemental, but the water debuff by comparison, is just a matter of taking too much time.

quote:

After Leviathan has used Waterga 5 times, it uses Flood once.
After Leviathan has used Waterga + Flood a total of 7 times, it uses Surge, Raging Waters.
The turn after Surge, Raging Waters, Leviathan uses Ferocious Current.
The turn after Ferocious Current, Leviathan uses Tsunami.

Victis posted:

I did it with a beefy Mystea with the appropriate elemental resists (she even comes with aoe stop resist) and a dodge Noctis.

Was pretty easy, nothing did damage besides the wind thing. I think the only RNG is the water debuff maybe? No idea.

edit: you can break all stats on them too
Think I'm gonna pull out VoD and bring a friend Orlandeau then use enhanced Crush Weapon before chaining with the both of them then.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Wait is this like FF12 where all the enemies before Beatrix only drop 1 ticket? Have I been doing this the hard way assuming they aren't stupid and "fixed" that instead of just escaping from every fight?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I noticed there's a Bowie Knife reward in the Raid, does anyone use that as BIS anymore?

BGrifter posted:

Oh and FFRK is buttery smooth on iOS.
Is that why it loads so badly on Android?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's really gracious of Gumi to support such a nice cause by having us give them money. Although that does remind me they almost made a bundle for the Manchester bombings.

Cynicism aside are any of these banners good at all or is this just a CG Fina trap?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Item world passives made capping stats a whole lot easier so this make upper range rolls there more enticing.

loling at the new arena rewards for JP. The FGO pvp bad civilization comic has come true in FFBE

Wait, I need to know more about this. Are the top 30 in Arena getting UoC tickets or something now?

Kheldarn posted:

Google Translate.

This has nothing on CG VoE/"Zekehart"s true name.

HGH fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Mar 18, 2018

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Man that's kinda pathetic. I remember when I was fielding these guys on the first island or two...

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I was about to complain how I can't really get through the event using the 100% boost units and then remembered you're just supposed to run away. That simplifies things.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I wanted a Wakka or Seymour for more bonus currency so I did both free pulls for yesterday and today close to each other, did a half pull, and used a 4* ticket.
I got Zarg, Gladio, TT and Olive #2. That makes 11 rainbows since the CGFina banner. Starting to worry I'm using all my luck preemptively.
On the other hand gently caress yeah Trance Terra! Time to bulldoze some tough content.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Generally the more useful the (non 5*) unit the worse their enhancements. Tilith's aren't out yet but they are similarly bad.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Awakened TTerra's abilities!

...I'm poor now. Feels weird after having millions for so long.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

Didn’t they take that from Brave Frontier? :)

(But you’re right, and we did get the Malboro trial. When they’re not under the gun to meet a deadline, they can do good work...sometimes.)
Poor Echidna got totally eclipsed by Marlboro as far as GE stuff goes.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

Reddit info page for Mystery Unit. Apparently, her name is Emilia.
Sadly most of her kit is a carbon copy of Shine. Mostly cause she is Shine.

If you really like Nyx her TM is the only Knife/Short Sword Mastery you'll be getting for a while. But otherwise it's just a free Shine.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Apparently if you end a turn by summoning an Esper, and then Olive's Mortar Beacon lands next turn and kills the enemy, it'll still count as using the Esper to win. Could be useful for the people who keep suffering with those missions.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I saw a guy do that with Ayakas once. She has practically no offensive capabilities, so if the AI decides on an aggressive action it'll default to Mirage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

My free daily was Duane or w/e that worthless dark knight is called but my 1/2 pull was a rainbow. :toot:

...I'm never going to actually use this Emperor Shera or his TMR, am I?

AegisP posted:

His TMR is 50% ATK with a Sword & Light Armour, and 10% HP with Light Armour, and 20% Fire Resistance. It's pretty decent if you're using Light Armour over Heavy Armour.
Onion Knight enhancements to his passives give him a buff for using Light Armor, so you can couple that TM along with Onion Armor eventually.

• Locked thread