Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Just enhanced my Cid and that finally pushed him over 1k atk! I'm way behind but that gives me a giddy feeling.

Also anxious to hear how good Noel's enhancements are. I have an enhanced Wilhelm, so Noel would be kind of redundant unless they're ridiculous and the guard crysts are probably better used on WoL. I do have a soft spot for him though, since he was my first five star base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
I pulled 2 Krylas this morning with 12 tickets and a half pull. Leveled and geared her and unless I'm missing something she seems kinda bad. No equip passives, no MP refresh (wtf), and her hex gimmick only does 10k per debuff.

But hey, her LB is Gingerbread meteor, so there's something.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

PDQ Law posted:

Does Kryla's Hex Eye max out at 5 ailments/50k damage as reported? It does fixed damage, so it can be useful against high def/spr enemies. I could see it paired with the Imperil spell, since that applies 6 elemental debuffs that are never resisted.

Just tested this - and I got 80k. Hmm, she might be useful after all. Plus, her LB unlocks a version of hex that does 20k per debuff.

With LB (which adds 3 random debuffs)

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
I'm making headway on Rumble of Malboro thanks to pulling Christine and the SA buff TT club, and it feels like it's actually doable.

I'm consistently getting past the 50% threshold, but after that I've been making stupid mistakes or getting really bad status luck.

Last run I forgot to dispel crazy mad and was confused as to why Wilhelm kept dying :shepface:

Once the planet's align (and I inevitably screw up the end at least once) I'll clear it, but I have no idea how I'll get the LB kill, since the only damage dealing LBs on my team belong to my damage dealers.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

PaybackJack posted:

Just out of curiosity, why are we getting a crossover for a 4 year old game? Is it launching on a new platform or something?

There's a new movie out this month for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

hagie posted:

I have this team theory crafted up at the moment but haven’t figured my details just yet.
Chow
WoL
Marie (eh)
Ayaka
OK

Anyone have input? The wiki is all over the place with party suggestions..

I did it with
Wilhelm
Roy
Rikku
Tilith
Christine
Friend TT

With this setup I could comfortably kill the little Marlboros on push turns above 50%. Wilhelm could tank the damage and Roy provided buffs and breaks. Tilith was obviously there for healing and status protection. Rikku was the least necessary, but her LB and damage mitigation were good for safety. Christine and TT were my damage dealers.

You may run into trouble with OK as a damage dealer. It is crucial to kill both little Marlboros on the same turn, so AoE chaining is more or less required. Edit: forgot about full speed bladeblitz, so you may be fine.

As Ugato mentioned, counting turns is extremely important. Above 50% he'll try to devour every 4 turns, below every 3. Killing the little ones on that turn prevents it.

You want him dead as quickly as possible when he gets below 50%, as he'll start using his big AoE every 4th turn. Since every 3 turns was hard for my team and the AoE was devastating without an AoE cover tank, I concentrated on killing him rather than safety and had to reset his turns a couple times for favorable RNG.

Assorted tips -

Obviously have as many ailment resistances as you can. I did it the same time as the Christmas event, so I could get Wilhelm to perfect resist easily and I had a ribbon. Laksmis protections are great too.

Compounding on the above, confuse is quite possibly the most threatening of the statuses - if he confuses one of your damagers it will waste their turn and mess up the turn cycle. Stone is the second most threatening, but can be cured and the character can still take their action.

Rikkus pouch is great for debuffs and status cures if you have it.

Two TT's are probably the best DPS setup for this fight, if possible.

Remember to dispel his buff at below 50%. Should be obvious, but easy to forget.

Good luck!

Shingouryu fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 30, 2018

• Locked thread