Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I haven't touched this in a good half year, felt the urge to fill some time with this. Any good quick summary of what is new and what to look out for. I noticed that there are now two summon tabs and something called Expeditions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Nothing quite like doing a 10+1 summon and only getting trash to be welcomed back to this game.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Varance posted:

More like Ignis cooks things, and after he's done cooking, he can give characters an elemental imbue for a couple of rounds. One of his dishes has a 6 round cooldown, but boosts all stats by 150% and prevents stat debuffs.

I still want to know why he gets blind resist.

It's probably easier to just give him Blind Resist then code some trait for him that allows him to function under Blind like normal.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Got Zargabaath, once again I feel robbed by this game and my lovely luck.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Yep, I barely managed to click through the compensation and login reward in the mailbox before the servers poo poo the bed again.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

And the daily was Arc.

:negative:

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Bedile'd. The best daily.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Oh hi there CG Lasswell.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

And the servers are dying again. :negative:

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

10 Tickets + Half Price gave me exactly one on banner unit. It was Basch, keeping consistent with my pattern of not getting the 5*s I'd actually want.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Threw one 4+ Ticket at the Healer banner. :toot:

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I'm not Ah or Figgis, but I send a request.

I already had a Rainbow on my friend list but it apparently wasn't you.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I'm just hoarding so that my post pull depression on the FFIX banner will be even sweeter.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Cupid Luna and Artemios Enhancement were part of the datamined stuff. So that's probably part of whatever they do on Valentine's.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

But hey daily free summon for the next two weeks.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Phoenix Esper also comes with Raise.

Daily half pull was BS Sakura, that was an easy 5k Lapis saved for down the road.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I kind of want to pull on that dumb Valentine's banner just for that magic dog.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

This is how they are going to steal all my pulls before the FF9 event.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

On the other hand, why spend money on this terrible 10+1 pull when your daily half off and free pull both end up being rainbows. (Onion #1, Elfreeda #2)

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

"When people talk about game as a service, people tend to focus on the problem of payment associated to it. A lot of people seem shut out the idea and the word completely. We actually look at the whole thing from a bigger picture. (Because of the payment system), we can provide excitement, as well providing new content add new gameplay mechanics after game's release, allowing the game to exist in the long term. Because of that we can express more things through the game, and (I believe) people are focusing too much on the negative aspect of payment."

I assume this is the snippet that is being talked about.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Probably? Since you want to get the killing blows with the granted skills in the same round you probably want to bring a more defensive lineup than usual. Get the dragons down to like ~5% and then do the rest of it with the dragonskills. It's not as much of a damage race, but just making sure that you actually have both skills avaiable at the end to finish them off.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Naw, the big reveal of the big upcoming video is totally going to be early 7* for Global, because that's definitely going to appease the playerbase.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

3 10+1 pulls and 20 tickets later and not a single on banner rainbow to show for it. Thanks Gumi, just let me put down 10k Lapis or whatever and get Beatrix if I want her.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I'm running an Onion Knight, Basch and Ace on my normal team. I'd say that'a good cut for actual FF units.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Next set of enhancement:

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Leviathan 2* should be stronger as long as you don't hit the water resist I think.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Divine Soleil's accessory will be the loving cancer in arena, with every Ayaka you run into getting a free reraise.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

LadyPictureShow posted:

I’m sure this has probably been discussed a million times in the thread, but I just started playing a few days ago, so I was wondering if characters’ LB gauges fill at different rates? Setzer’s seems to fill fast as hell, but Basch’s seems to fill waaaay slower than everyone else’s.

I got Basch two days ago in a rainbow crystal; his LB is nothing to write home about (fire damage to one enemy + 100% evade for 3 turns), but dude is a goddamn tank, plus he’s got some pretty good group buffs/debuffs.

Yes, LB's require a different amount of the little red crysts depending on the character. Setzer only needs 16 to fill up his LB at 6* while Basch instead needs 26 to fill his gauge.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

The true shame of these banners is that you can't get Bedile'd by them.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Also know that stat/limit pots are pretty rare. Dont spend them all on throw away units. Go in with a plan on who really benefits from their limit break. If the limit break increases your party's damage mitigation like Wilhelms/Chows, boosts elemental resistances like Yan's, provides stronger breaks like 9s/Tim's or imperils like Tidus then those are pretty good to upgrade. Straight up damage and heals aren't really that good, but 7*s makes dps limit breaks in some cases pretty good.

I maxed BS Sakura's LB and I'm not really regretting it, even though it's just straight pewpew damage.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

But how many Bedile did you pull?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Dark Fina from Batch 3 and Ace from the 10+1, I somehow feel robbed even though I just pulled 2 Rainbows.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

In the sense of a unit to reroll for if you were to start at a point when CG Raegan is out.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Threw about 15 tickets at the banner, got a Robin' 'Ood (Great LB visuals 10/10) and a Killing Machine. Not sure if it's just the summoning pool being so diluted by now, bad luck of Gumi loving something up with the rates, but that feels like a bad quota. Though I do have a Yuna now, not that I need her at all.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Nichol is my reverse husbando, even if his CG version is broken as poo poo, I just don't care at all for him.

I also managed to get my BS Sakura over 1k Mag today, which isn't really newsworthy, but for me as a non-macro player it was very satisfying to see that number.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

So what kind of event does the Sephiroth banner come with? Another King Mog one, exploration one?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Did my one step, got Shylt and a ton of Mims. I guess that's fine.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Something something this is what happens when you have reddit as your main line of communication with the "community".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Aerith Gainthborough posted:

I managed to pull Onion Knight and Sep with the two 4* and I almost died from the overwhelming feeling.

Now I need to run this new dungeon to get Sep's coat. Is it as hard as I think it is?

Just get PDQ's Noctis, it'll easily carry you through the bossfight as described above in his post.

• Locked thread