Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

3% versus 1% doesnt sound like that big of a change, but every 33 pulls on average versus every 100 ends up being a pretty significant change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hey goons would it be helpful to a significant number of y'all if i geared up my ayaka for ice resist and made her my friend unit? will it generally be easier for someone to set up chainers and bring a paralyze immune unit with aoe raise

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

IN MY OPINION its so weird how coincidentally every time something comes out for global it really sucks and is grindy. oh well, we can never solve this mystery. back to the lapis mines!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

next global event: you need to grind 5000000 ramza shards in order to unlock the first level of ramza bard enhancements

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

50% ailment resist is kinda worthless since if you need to resist something you need to resist it, not maybe resist it. so it's a very goofy 10% hp ultimately.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

genji shield is dope because safety bit is really devoid of any stats and plenty of characters would enjoy trading an accessory slot for the extra stats on genji shield + one materia slot on equip h shield

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah but what if you wanted to get a 3*? 500 lapis is more diverse than a five star ticket

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tall Tale Teller posted:

I can't wait to get my guaranteed Sazh, Bedile, Krile or Type-0 unit!

as much as i have dogged on bedile in the past today i got another rydia and brought her up to 75% towards...blizzaga. bediles tm is also bad but i have to figure its got to be marginally better than like, firaga, blizzaga, or "equip daggers" which jesus christ

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

equip daggers is not more useful than throw or drink or anything

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Agreed posted:

Two rainbows in my 10+1!

Delita, and .... Knight Delita

To the earth shrine with y'all. I need to finish three Goromu TMRs and get some high damage Lightning element chainers together. Been part of the plan for a while since I happen to want to keep using Olive if possible. Isn't there a nice Lightning katana too? hrm...

Thinking about getting the Mythril Chest for a last ditch hail mary effort at Christine but I am no whale, it's a fool's errand. The moogle and the +30% have me skewing the real value considerably. I could get my Ring of Lucii 10% sooner... (don't do it self, don't spend money on a god drat gacha game)

the guromu TMR is the lightning weapon you're thinking of. unless you're thinking of the lightning katana you can craft but its only 60 atk.

my 10+1 gave me a reberta which i guess is all right since i have veritas of the heavens tmr already but she seems like she has the same problem chaining as aileen (moving before attacking) so i guess she's only good for the odd dragon we need to kill? no reason to level her TMR so at least i can max her unlike the knight delita i got recently.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

global is a different game, you see. 5* guaranteed banners would warp the metagame.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my ayaka has 100% ice resist if someone wanted to bring her to fight the ice bird

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

whats the ~most efficient~ use of lapis and is there an upcoming unit i should be saving for? i have ayaka/ok/vol/aileen/random poo poo. basically i have no base 5 casters. i was thinking about maybe taking a swipe at white knight noel or should i just spend an 11 pull on the cloud banner before it leaves or [other]

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

im not really invested in speeding up macros beyond just turn it off and let it go to be honest

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cao Ni Ma posted:

He's absolutely right about Seph/Lila. If 7* hadn't come out then yeah, I'd say hold out till that banner since its fantastic but 7*s coming out so quickly after it and them being literally the last 5*s to get 7* forms means that you'll have really shiny benchwarmers for 4-5 months after they stop being relevant a month and change after they come out.

Although by then we'll know if their 7*s are loving insane and then we can decide to roll on their rate up just as an investment :v:

global is a different game, my friend, and so the order of 7* release will be researched by leading psychologists to inflict the most possible wallet opening torture gumi can devise.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Varance posted:

More like Ignis cooks things to give the party healing and buffs, and after he's done cooking, he can give characters an elemental imbue for a couple of rounds. One of his dishes has a 6 round cooldown, but boosts all stats by 150% and prevents stat debuffs. He also dishes out a 100% fire imperil. Downside is that all of his abilities take two turns to ramp up, and his elemental imbues are locked behind cooking, so you end up in a rotation of food preparation >> serve food >> give imbue. He's not going to be highly rated.

I still want to know why he gets blind resist.

its because he wears glasses

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am actually farming this event because its super easy to dump your energy doing so and i wouldnt be surprised if a lot of people are doing the same thing

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

for the record i think there's a legitimate chance the guaranteed 5* banner does pop up after everyone decides its not going to and pulls for christine/wkn, like for lunar new year

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am foolishly waiting for WKN to return to the pool before i pull my disappointment ticket

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the hording is a bit weird because the ~logic~ behind it will never stop being true and when he blows it on whatever he'll be better off for awhile but eventually lag behind again due to hording. i do see some sense in saving for a particular thing you want i guess but a steady stream of pulls will result in you having a wider net and at least for right now a lot of good TMR units are 3/4.

in the future it seems like the game will all devolve into hitting some of the watered down 5* pool that actually does stuff and thats going to be a fresh new hell for sure.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am very curious to see if we'll have divergent rewards based on platform after the ios change that forces them to reveal rates

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Skyridge posted:

Doesn't JP give a lot more lapis and tickets out though?

yeah but do they give 3% more smart guy????

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

rabidsquid posted:

i am foolishly waiting for WKN to return to the pool before i pull my disappointment ticket

:unsmigghh:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

now i wonder if i should throw 10k lapis at trying to pull a christine

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i can toss some demon killers on my OK and flip him to my friend unit

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i dont think excalibur OK is all that niche, while aigiaons fist does have a higher attack stat and whatever pseudo high tide on it a spark chain is just so much more effective than a regular chain that i think having an elemental weapon on OK is just basically always better

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

while trying to pull for a christine i got my second reberta. i never leveled the first one, i guess i could level them and chain them together???

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cobalt60 posted:

Serious request: If you find use for 2x Reberta, please post details here. She and Aileen are my 5* dupes who never see any play time ever (other than Delita, K.Delita... ugh)

maybe they'll make global reberta 7* good v:shobon:v

edit: i have literally never pulled a banner 5*. ever. i did get WKN with my 5* ex ticket which is insanely lucky and i can hardly believe but am i very rng unlucky in this regard or is that just the odds

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 2, 2018

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

is your device low on available space? before i upgraded to the iphone 8 i was constantly low and the phone decided it was going to delete the game data of ffbe every now and again to save space, usually when it wanted to download an os update.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i would try it out but i am still out of cactaurs and havent even finished getting WKN to 100, theres no way we'll get the resources for me to get both rebertas to 6/100 by uhhh tomorrow? thursday?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i can set my 100% ice resist Ayaka to my friend unit. i have no idea how much trouble she has surviving the initial turn since Mystea took care of that for me, which means that Mystea can take care of that for you too. altho having a nearly 7k health Ayaka with 100% ice resist means she can probably survive? i have no idea.

anyway i can set that as my friend unit if it would help anyone. also let me know if we arent in game friends i guess.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i could toss mystea up as a friend unit if that would do it v:shobon:v

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Mad Fnorder posted:

10+1 gave me Chizuru and Seven and nine blues ranging from Mustadio to Alma to Fang. In conclusion, I hate everything.

i got hope, rasler, and amelia. patriotic recall is good at least and i still need a nue and apron dress i guess but that sure was disappointing. oh maybe i got chloe too i cant remember. is there a unit called chloe. nobody knows

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

there is a maximum multiplier in a chain for finishing purposes and its halved for spark chaining but im sick and dont entirely understand it when i am not sick so maybe someone who has the full use of their brain and body can help with the specifics.

i can say that this is why elemental weapons are preferred for chaining even outside of imperils. a chaining move that imperils hits the chain cap in half the hits and thus has a way looser window. thats why enhanced aileen piledriver is so insanely strong chaining with another aileen. since the entirety of all the other earth weapons is like, ruggles hammer.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Varance posted:

Why, hello there... I wanted a Toby and maybe a Kaliva, but I'll take the entire squad.

what kind of hack did you do to make the game work

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ZarathustraFollower posted:

The real boss is taking the time to evoke an esper. At least it isn't the 'Kill the boss with an esper' mission.

Also, if anyone wants some help with the raid, I swapped Reberta's spear onto my DV, so he has 1087 attack + dragonkiller. Most of you all are already friends, but if not: 632883386

evoking an esper is easy, all you have to do is use Marie to keep a Garnet with Prodigy's Goggles alive :v:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

oh gently caress i have to go back to the support cryst mines after i just spent a bunch of them thinking "heh ramza enhancements yea right :smug:"

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my arena team of WkN/Ayaka/3xAshe has been cleaning up near the top 2000 of arena where most teams are aoe magic teams which get absolutely crushed by WKN

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cao Ni Ma posted:

See I loving new it that that the moment I started working on my magic team that they'd release the Aileen enhancements.

Now I need to grind out the two champion belts and veritas of heaven TMRs.

luckily a single aileen is a bit light on materia requirements since fist mastery/veritas of the heavens/dual wield occupy three of the four slots so you just naturally toss adventurer v in the last one.

multiple aileens is a different story since there's only one aigiaons arm, although i suppose that lets you go with greatsword mastery and you only need the two champion belts, but that does let you use genji glove for more stuff i suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I have everything I need to set up two really loving insane aileens, given that I already have a lot of the things I need to pump them up BUT I still need to grind out a whole lot more to get them to the very top. 2 VoH, 2 Champions, 1 VoD, 1 Duke. God help me if I end up pulling new years chocobro.

And then you run into the problem that Aileen cant chain for poo poo on 10 mans till Camille gets her 6*. I think I'll stick with my T.Terras and Christine for the time being, but I'll probably enhance one and gear her eventually.

actually one of the aileen enhancements is 50% attack from spear mastery and i am starting to wonder if 2x champions belt bumps into the 300% stat cap. also i guess she can perfect chain with inichol for the 10 man? although that cant elemental chain obviously so its not quite as good as camille will be

• Locked thread