Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Rainbows I pulled on the Cloud banner:

Cloud
Orlandeau #2
Noctis #2
Elfreeda
Loren
Cloud #2
Greg
Emperor
Emperor #2
Luneth
Luneth #2
Nyx

There's a 2nd Ayaka and a Tidus in there somewhere that might've been on Cloud banner but I think were just before...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

hamsystem posted:

Macro didn't crash at all last night!... Too bad I had the wrong party running it. :downs:

lol, same

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Am I wrong or does Basch look pretty great? Like better than Wilhelm even?

He looks like he'll have comparable stats and those covers look bonkers.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Office Thug posted:

Technically you can get Basch to both Magic Cover and Physical Provoke tank (Moogle Plushie + Golem's Provoke), but as a single unit with mixed passives for both DEF/SPR and too little in terms of HP passives, he won't last through most trials.

I'm not sure I agree, his passives are all better than Wilhelms except for def and only a bit less at that.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Office Thug posted:

You're not accounting for Wilhelm's enhancements. Wilhelm gets over twice the DEF and twice the SPR in passives, and 20% more HP.

Basch is more comparable to Barusa in terms of passives for physical tanking, but even there Barusa gets the same DEF, 10% more HP, and doesn't need to give up his shield for Moogle Plushie to provoke-tank. You just slap Golem on him with Provoke and he's good to go as a 3-turn rotation provoke tank.

Edit: Also, Basch doesn't have any source of General damage reduction, unlike Wilhelm and Barusa who get those on their own provoke abilities (And Wilhelm's is REALLY loving strong at 40%). You could weave Barusa's TMR ability Physical DR buff into Basch' 3-turn Provoke+Magic-Cover+??? tank rotation at least, but you can do that with Wilhelm and Barusa as well, and Physical DR stacks with General DR.

poo poo you're right, totally forgot about enhancements. Makes me feel better about not pulling basch, anyway.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

I put up a TT that can solo LGD as well. Only got to 95% evade, but it doesn't seem to matter. Just make sure you have full hp when you face the chocobo.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Is Awakened Rain just CG Rain? Anyone know when he's coming out roughly?

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

It's 2 separate banners, but you'd still be crazy to chase the rainbow. You have even less chance of pulling her than you did before the 3% rate up.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Skyridge posted:

Also getting 5* tickets earlier than JP doesn't mean a god drat thing if JP is giving out twice as many in the same time frame.

lol, this. We've gotten 2 5* tickets ever, JP gets multiples all the time.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Apparently it only works in bluestacks

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I got an onion knight and a marie from my pull which is pretty mediocre given how close we are to 7* :sigh:

shits gently caress when you see a onion knight and marie and your immediate thoughts "I really wanted another wilhelm and another ayaka"

Whaaaaa you guys I got two of the best units in the game in one pull (for free) :emo:

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Seriously, the 30m thing was a complete bust for me. I got like 1 setzer or something.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

I don't have ingot and RoD for LMS like dana, but I'm thinking Pure White Blessing and maybe Carbon Bangle?

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Yeah, I have a ton of arsha's. Just thought the auto full heal from PWB might be nice.

edit: pjake would be way better though

Ghostnuke fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 27, 2018

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Kheldarn posted:

The game has been giving me a giant middle finger about getting two of the Never Going To Be Available Again units of Dragon Lord and Liquid Metal Slime.

Like, if they were permanent additions to the pool, I wouldn't care, but they're not, so I'm frustrated.

If it makes you feel any better, you only need 1 LMS.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

On the other hand, I have 0 5* base tanks if you don't count merc ramza (and I don't). I wouldn't mind pulling a 2nd merc ramza in case his enhancements end up good and willy/basch would be awesome, but this still feels like a trap banner to drain me before cg nick.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

For Sheratan you should absolutely use Noctis instead of wol

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

So they'll just re-use the previous DQ banner again?

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Someone tell me why this won't allow me to keep Nichol's LB up pretty much all the time?

Maritime Strategist Nichol 6★
Right hand: Override ATK+50
Left hand: Aigaion Arm ATK+145
Head: Magical Top Hat MP+45, MAG+25
Body: Strategic Cape MP+20%, DEF+40, MAG+52, SPR+38
Accessory 1: Mystical Skull DEF+3, SPR+3
Accessory 2: Prodigy's Goggles DEF+15, SPR+15
Materia 1: Pure White Blessing
Materia 2: Use Grappling Weapons
Materia 3: Dual Wield
Materia 4: Thirst for Survival HP+30%, SPR+30%
Esper: Shiva HP+93, MP+105, ATK+58, DEF+61, MAG+100, SPR+98
Total: HP:5074, MP:632, ATK:392, DEF:270, MAG:357, SPR:422

In my mind, I should be able to LB > Damage Reduction > Mana Battery > Repeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Ugato posted:

RNG. He has a huge LB pool and no innate +% lb. It's pretty reasonable though on a 3 turn cycle - not 2.

The 3 turn cycle should keep the greediest mana hog units afloat. I'd do LB > DR (resists if there's a relevant elemnt instead)/LB fill (the 110% mag or atk buff, doesn't really matter which) > mp/mp or mp/dr if you used the resist > LB again

The two fists and skull give him 250% generation. That plus the 5 extra crystals per round should get me pretty close if not right on.

• Locked thread