Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I’m sure this has probably been discussed a million times in the thread, but I just started playing a few days ago, so I was wondering if characters’ LB gauges fill at different rates? Setzer’s seems to fill fast as hell, but Basch’s seems to fill waaaay slower than everyone else’s.

I got Basch two days ago in a rainbow crystal; his LB is nothing to write home about (fire damage to one enemy + 100% evade for 3 turns), but dude is a goddamn tank, plus he’s got some pretty good group buffs/debuffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

ZarathustraFollower posted:

You're correct; different characters LBs cost different amounts. Basch is a really nice tank to have, and will help you out for awhile. Have you posted your friends code in the thread yet?

I put it up in the goon spreadsheet.

It's good to hear he'll stay helpful for a good while. Mostly I was happy to get him because he was my favorite char in FFXII, wasn't too impressed with him off the bat, but once I enhanced him a bit, it was awesome.

(E: I just got Noctis; is he any good?)

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 14, 2018

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Whichever one of you goons is under the name ‘Belial’ with the really powerful Beatrix, I thank you for carrying my sad sack team on some of the harder Alexandria missions.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Can somebody explain the arena or point me toward a source that lays it out?

I generally just do the five missions to get the goodies and get KOed as fast as I can. Surprisingly, I actually won one today, because it was down to Basch and Ashe plinking away at each other, and I had maybe 5 more HP when the 10 turns were over. (I’m so dumb at this game)

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Ugato posted:

Ashe is currently the easiest strong unit to field for arena. Multiple copies of her gives you easily chained virtually unavoidable damage that never gets turned off by weekly rules and works through silence. And also heals you. She can also remove all status ailments on the entire team, so she’s a good candidate to wear a ribbon/discernment.

Yeah, I had zero chance of winning this one.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Agreed posted:

I actually got Eiko and Aileen #2 trying for Steiner. I just wanted a higher damage sword for A2 to maybe get her close to 1200 Atk. But hey I will 100% take a huge upgrade for my whole team instead.

If I could trade you, I’d give you one of my Steiners. I ended up with six of him :sigh:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Burned a 10+1 ticket in hopes of getting Barbariccia. I got lucky with two rainbows, got Barbariccia and Dark Fina.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Anyone have a reliable site that lists what enemies or locations are best for getting specific materials. I think the one I looked up was outdated or just flat out wrong.

I just need a few more Lucky Seedlings and Brilliant Rays...

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

arisu posted:

You can get them from Chamber of Awakening PRO, but honestly just buy them from the mog king when they roll around. They're cheap.

If you still have mog king currency from the last event I think he's still around.

EDIT: for a reference website: https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Final_Fantasy_Brave_Exvius_Wiki

Thanks friend-o! I assumed King Mog disappeared when a ticket event was over, but no he’s still around and I had enough tickets to grab what I needed to upgrade Setzer.

And thanks for the link, farming enemies is a bullshit task quest.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Burned two tickets this morning and got back to back Lockes.

And Jesus this story event is so dull. Then again, I don’t care about any of the characters made for this game, so I keep skipping the story portion because I don’t give a plop about the adventures of a butler and a sword cat. Silvia’s alright at defensive support, because she’s the only character I have that’s at a decent level and has a high enough green magic level to use the bar-era skills.

Also, anyone else find some of the job listings for characters silly? One of my friend list guys usually mains Prompto and his ‘job’ says ‘Prince’s friend’

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

new kind of cat posted:

still no resolution on my friends gift bullshit error lol.

managed to half pull a Basch today, and my 30M ticket gave me a Lunera.

I don’t think I’ve taken him out of my party since I got him. His attacks and enemy status lowerers are good and ‘Spirit of the Fighter’ is ridiculous

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

This story is pretty bad. It's so bad that the last two dungeons are called "Extra 1" and "Extra 2," because they couldn't stretch out the furry original character do not steal backstory any further than they did.

Did you play during the fan-created characters raid? There's a Flowery Lady, a Costume Girl and Mog Friend in there. Iris is a "Prince's Friend" as well. Primm's job is "Young Girl."

Was it a while ago? I don’t think so. But I keep getting this maid dual wielding handguns and she just looks so ridiculous. Was she a story char a while back?

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 25, 2018

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I’m a little confused about the million or so trust moogles I got. For example, I got a couple aligned to ‘Croft’s Intuition’ but if I try to fuse it to Lara, it says insufficient trust. Do I need to be above a certain trust % to use it at all?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Any suggestions/anyone have a good friend unit for taking on spherimorph? The press attack just crushes my crew, can I avoid that if I force an element shift?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I got a 3* Kefka with my 30 mil ticket today. Is he worth boosting up to 6*, or is the payoff middlin?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

E: wrong thread

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Dana Crysalis posted:

The most exciting thing I got from the 30m tickets was my first Steiner. zzzzzzzzzz

Goddamn, when I started playing, Steiners were practically falling out of the sky on me!

I still say this game needs a ‘trade with other players’ feature.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Oh boy, another Wakka but he now goes up to 6*.

Are any of the FFX units good healers? I’m kind of lacking in that department, and pretty much rely on Rikku for Al Bhed potion and Noctis for Cover and Hyper Mighty G gives me a re-raise.

Or would I be better off just crafting some spells and slapping them onto B Sage Sakura?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Jesus game, quit giving me Rikkus

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I used my 10% 5* ticket and got some little elf guy. Thanks game :mad:

In :aaaaa: news, I just realized B Sage Sakura isn’t some weird cat-girl. Her ‘ears’ are her headband and her ‘tail’ is just her braid.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I picked up dual wield and slapped it on Noctis. Just curious, does dual wield combine the damage power of the two weapons, or is it the first attack is at the strength of weapon 1, the seconds attack is at the strength of weapon 2?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Anybody know what triggers ‘the plume exploded’ for the Garuda fight? I’m not sure if it’s number of turns or HP below a certain %. She also ran away one time, but I think I went too many turns.

Also, I have a question about burst pots. I’ve been hanging onto all my pots because I don’t know who to dump them onto. My general team is Basch/Barbariccia/Noctis/BS Sakura/Rikku. Any of them worth boosting their LB?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

PaybackJack posted:

None of those characters is particularly pot worth given your current team.

I'd consider Barb. 74% Wind and Lightning debuff is something both Noctis and Sakura(and Barb herself) can take advantage of, the LB cost is cheap enough you can use it frequently as well.

If you're new enough that's your team then you probably don't have the gear to get Noctis into a position where he can keep his LB up, otherwise his buff would be great not to mention finishing level damage. Noctis is probably the best choice if you had a stronger lineup and some good gear to help support his LB generation.

So yeah, I think at the current moment you'd see more gains from Barb, but later on Noctis would be stronger but you'll get more pots by that point.

Thanks for the info. I haven’t been playing long, so that crew is the best I have rn

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Did Noctis get a drop rate bump or something? My friends list is like half Noctises.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Had a bunch of tickets saved up, my second pull, a rainbow?!

Lyla.

Another rainbow?!

BS Sakura #2.

Yellow up to rainbow?! This time it’s gotta b-

Lulu.

This game is such a goddamn tease giving non-banner rainbows off of pulls.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Can anyone answer why my arena streak keeps resetting? Is it just an issue with the servers or something?

I was running a 48-streak, now it’s 4.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Maybe a stupid question, but if you get a specific trust moogle up to 100%, does it give you the TM reward, or do you have to apply it to the character?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

That’s what I figured. Thanks guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Welp, did a multi-summon on CG Nichol and dropped a 10+1 ticket.

I ended up with Cloud, Ramza, Zidane, an CG... Jake.

I’ll take it, I guess.

Any of them worth dumping pots on? I have so many pots.

• Locked thread