Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

kudos to The Shape Of Water for being a good movie that just so happens to have a plot point where a woman fucks a fishman. Get Out was good too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Hugh Malone posted:

I saw phantom thread and was surprised how good it was. Expected a boring romance where the Difficult Man is won over by the Sensible Woman and um

Going in I didn't know it was PT Anderson directing so I did not expect the weird darkness of it. It moves along well and it's fun talking about afterwards
one of my friends mentioned that its plot is similar to the "Family" episode of Check It Out

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Chill Penguin posted:

I think Shape of Water is gonna win best pic
i thought it was gonna go to Lady Bird because it allows Hollywood to feel good about itself for bringing attention to sexism while doing nothing to actually solve the problem. but a friend of mine talked about how Shape of Water is an homage to old Hollywood in a way, and i changed my mind. there's nothing the academy likes than a flattering portrayal of old Hollywood

on the other hand, i was convinced La La Land would win last year for the same reason, so what do i know, really

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

yep, Shape of Water won. it's just OK plotwise but it's a great movie visually

• Locked thread