Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

thisdude23 posted:

poo poo like this is when I miss LVG. Also, why not pull Lukaku instead of Martial and leave on Lingard?

Someone school me please... :confused:

First off, LVG's matches were far more difficult to watch. Second, I agree that it is real weird that Lukaku never gets subbed off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

TheBigAristotle posted:

I'm not a huge fan of Mourinho's tactics away, but this team had plenty of opportunities to score.

Sure, not for the first time. For some reason it looks like this team's collective spine breaks at the first sign of adversity, and they're collectively afraid of taking risks.

Is it just the players, or is it that the previous two managers have managed to make the team fear mistakes and doubt themselves? Mourinho surely isn't helping by having his team park the bus against any half decent side, thus sending them the message that they're not good enough to take anyone decent on.

TheBigAristotle posted:

Second, I agree that it is real weird that Lukaku never gets subbed off

Mou's pretty much flat out said that Lukaku is undroppable. That's a big problem IMO.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

So take me back, back to better days
Cause this time between is wasting me away

TheBigAristotle posted:

First off, LVG's matches were far more difficult to watch. Second, I agree that it is real weird that Lukaku never gets subbed off

Hell yeah they were so when they played like poo poo it was expected. They look chaotic out there under Jose, like they have no clue

But seriously, pull Lukaku man, but not for Ibra. Don't ever play those two together.

Der Shovel posted:

... Mourinho surely isn't helping by having his team park the bus against any half decent side, thus sending them the message that they're not good enough to take anyone decent on.

Mou's pretty much flat out said that Lukaku is undroppable. That's a big problem IMO.

This. Lingard/Rashford/Martial with Mata/Matic/Mhiki/Pogba (some combination of anything) would kill off a match.

Seriously, what am I missing here??

thisdude23 fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Dec 23, 2017

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Der Shovel posted:

Could be worse, could be Mignolet

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Hahaha

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Remember when Lukaku started off the season really well and every pundit was like "Man Utd will boss this league easy this year with aggressive football".

A golden era that was.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

loving lol United, who gives away leads like that hahaha

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ewar Woowar posted:

loving lol United, who gives away leads like that hahaha

:whatup:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Match of the day are flashing up expected goals as a stat. What the gently caress.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

tarbrush posted:

Match of the day are flashing up expected goals as a stat. What the gently caress.

It's an awful show that's haemorrhaging viewers.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

tarbrush posted:

It's been creeping into analysis all season.

DZSiBoT 2020

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Four games and a draw in hand halfway through the season? Christmas came early this year!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TraderStav posted:

Four games and a draw in hand halfway through the season? Christmas came early this year!

It's astonishing how good City have been this season. They've scored 60 goals in 19 matches.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Still mad this morning

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

tarbrush posted:

expected goals is good

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Did “Mou” have his usual moan after the game?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Xabi posted:

Did “Mou” have his usual moan after the game?

Something along the lines of “It was the players’ fault and had nothing to do with bringing on a defensive midfielder after the opposition went a man down.”

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

if only he had money to buy players at manchester united

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope Jose "the special one" "mou" Mourinho stays at united forever

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

thisdude23 posted:

poo poo like this is when I miss LVG. Also, why not pull Lukaku instead of Martial and leave on Lingard?

Someone school me please... :confused:

Lukaku played really well and played a big part in or was directly responsible for the chances that SHOULD have been put away. I don't know why everyone is pinning this on Lukaku he had a great game and is often starved of any decent service.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Yeah, Lukaku did what he could. It's not his fault Jose is a fraud.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
its not lukakus fault he can't ever score when it means something

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Imho, it's more like 'lolkaku'

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
bowelkakpoo

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

mods?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

tarbrush posted:

They've been doing it literally all season and haven't even commented on it at all. It's only as meaningless as shots/shots on target

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol it means much much much less than shots, which is an actual measured statistic instead of a made up meaningless number

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's literally shots graded by how likely they are to be scored - it's practically useless but acting as if it's some bafflingly stupid thing is a bit much

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
i much prefer punditry based on no statistics or analysis at all but whether or not a goal was scored

and you knew he was never going to miss that

Or

he really should have done better there

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ninpo posted:

Lukaku played really well and played a big part in or was directly responsible for the chances that SHOULD have been put away.

Yeah, he served up at least three sitters that his criminally wasteful teammates should've buried. Yesterday was not Lukaku's fault.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Ninpo posted:

Jozy played really well and played a big part in or was directly responsible for the chances that SHOULD have been put away. I don't know why everyone is pinning this on Jozy he had a great game and is often starved of any decent service.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

julian assflange posted:

Something along the lines of “It was the players’ fault and had nothing to do with bringing on a defensive midfielder after the opposition went a man down.”

He's right. Leicester equalised because Herrerra refused to drop into right back for 5 minutes.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I wish there was a couple of matches today

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

Same op

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

There’s nfl football tho

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

Tsaedje posted:

It's literally shots graded by how likely they are to be scored - it's practically useless but acting as if it's some bafflingly stupid thing is a bit much

it actually is bafflingly stupid

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bape Culture posted:

same i forgot it was christmas eve and was just another sunday

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

There’s nfl football tho

This is some dire low scoring trash. Where are all the goals?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hm, according to xG, Manchester United should be 6th in the table, just ahead of Palace.

Sounds about right

https://understat.com/league/EPL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Harry Kane has scored a brace for Spurs today, which takes his 2017 PL total to 38, beating Shearer's old record by two goals now. And judging by how poo poo Southampton look, he might score more today.

• Locked thread