Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Come on Pools beat guns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Gorn Myson posted:

That Liverpool kit is a travesty, I hope we lose

It's an orange shirt /shrug

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

PHILLLLL

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Hahaha Lovren

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

MANE FOR FUCKS SAKE LAD

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

SALAH FOR FUCKS SAKE LAD

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

loving hell Atkinson they just push Mané over there how do you not see that

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

For two teams fairly well know for their footballing ability this has been properly poo poo

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

MO

loving

SALAH

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Fucks sake Joe

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

gently caress me

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Right down his loving throat

God I hate Mignolet with every fibre of my body

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

gently caress OFF

loving gently caress OFF

THIS IS loving SHAMBOLIC

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Did nothing after half time. Let Arsenal waltz back into the game. Stopped playing after scoring the second. Stopped playing after conceding one. No adjustments whatsoever, no in game management.

poo poo like this is why I question Klopp. He cannot manage a game.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Latinx posted:

klopp out?

If we don't buy a keeper and a centre back yes.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Mané's been loving poo poo for a month as well

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

tarbrush posted:

Bullshit. Playing perfectly for the first half, of course you don't change anything. Then Gomez makes one bad mistake, and almost instantaneously Mignolet makes a howler. What's he supposed to do, sub either of them off?

This team cannot defend when they come under pressure. This is a long running thing. If we're a goal or two up and concede that's it, game over.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

T Bowl posted:

Arsenal are about as bad at the back... it's not game over at all derp.

Maybe we scrap a draw out of this but that doesn't excuse this collapse.

And again, it's happened over and over again and there's absolutely zero sign of Klopp knowing how to fix it. If he can't fix the glaring problems why is he given a free pass

But lol EvilHawk meltdown Klopp out

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Firmino scored halfway through this but I'm still mad

tarbrush posted:

It's his fault for not replacing Mignolet the moment he walked in the door, he's done nothing wrong tactically today.

Today has been exactly the same tactics as it was against Sevilla and as it was against Bournemouth. Go up a couple of goals, concede one, then do absolutely nothing to control the game. We were still trying to nick the ball away and break on the counter. Why couldn't we just sit in and play it safe? Arsenal had their tails up and were coming at us. Keep it calm and control the pace of the game a little and snuff out the excitement.

We can do it occasionally so I know the players are capable. Why can't Klopp get them to do it every time?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Gorn Myson posted:

Its because you sound like every plastic that demands that their managed get sacked after a run of poor form.

I really don't care if you think I'm a plastic or not. Even if it were true (it's not, thanks) then does it change the fact that we collapse like this so often? Again, it's not this particular game, it's not this particular run of form, it's a consistent pattern of mistakes and poor decision making.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

tarbrush posted:

Xhaka shot from 30 yards as Arsenal had had no penetration for the entire game. It was their second shot on target. You can't dominate the ball all the time away to decent side.

You can actually try and pass the ball around the midfield instead of constantly trying to nick it and break away. It looks lovely when it works but it doesn't work all the time. Klopp (or the players) doesn't seem to know when that time is.

Sorry I forgot talking about football was not allowed on this, the forum to talk about football

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

T Bowl posted:

you can talk all you want just calling you out for sounding dumb, it's not tactics at all its the quality of liverpools defenders and gk... simple as that.

Which is....

Wait, that's Klopp's job! Holy poo poo!

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

ozmunkeh posted:

I too am mad that liverpool's midfield didn't spend 45 minutes playing keep-ball with themselves

Not 45 minutes for fucks sake stop being disingenuous. All I'm asking for is 5-10 minutes to calm the game down. Take the life out of Arsenal's fans who remembered they were at a football game for once. Frustrate Wilshere and Ozil who were running the show. give the players a chance to rest.

Other teams are capable of this. We're capable of this. We don't do it.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

T Bowl posted:

he's working with what he's got right now, the windows open soon, it'll be ok buddy

He's not bought a centre back since Klavan.

He's not bought a goalkeeper since Karius.

I don't have the belief you have any more.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Gorn Myson posted:

Alright. Who would you bring in as a replacement.

I don't know but why does that mean I can't say he's making mistakes?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Gorn Myson posted:

Thats obvious but I'm not going "btw he should be sacked".

So how long does he get?

Seriously asking, at what point would you say he should no longer be Liverpool manager?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

tarbrush posted:

On the up side, the ref's been excellent

Few dodgy decisions but nothing particularly egregious.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Christ that game was a shitshow.

I'm away for Christmas so that was your last EvilHawk meltdown of the year. Hope you all enjoyed it.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

T Bowl posted:

i heard some talksport person going on and on about ox being the best of his career and granted i don't always watch liverpool but everything ive seen and read stat wise says thats a load of poo poo, comment?

The last couple of games he's started he's been really good. If he plays in the midfield position alongside Coutinho it's unlikely he's going to be this great 10/10 player, just because there are four better players than him in the team, but he's been absolutely fine and if it wasn't for his price tag nobody would be complaining imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Shrapnig posted:

Good job selling Lucas then who's still only 30.

You need a goalkeeper, a center back, if not two, and at least two midfielders, three if Coutinho leaves.

Mignolet and Karius are both poo poo. Lovren is your best center back and that's faint loving praise at best. Henderson is incredibly overrated, Lallana is looking more and more like a permacrock, Can and Ox just aren't very good, Wijnaldum has no consistency and I'm not sure Klopp knows where he's actually supposed to play.

Saying that, the Liverpool squad is really loving young. Klavan is actually the oldest player at the club, he's a year older than Jimmy "Isn't He Really loving Old?" Milner. Liverpool only have three senior players who are over 30 and one is Adam Bogdan.

Our average age is actually in that 25-27 bracket and that's where most of our starters are.

I agree with your suggested replacements (though I don't think it's fair to call Lallana a permacrock, this was his first injury in a while).

Our main issue is that we don't have anyone in the squad that are clear replacements for Coutinho and Can, who are almost certain to leave. That means we need to do something in the transfer market - but also we're losing out on a lot of "leadership". A lot of (in my eyes wrong) Liverpool fans had pointed at Can as a potential captain. Coutinho's been a captain a couple of times already this season. Milner probably isn't long for this team. Beyond that... Lovren (who most fans rightly want to get rid of)? Matip (seemingly always injured)? Mané/Salah/Firmino?

We're stuck with Henderson as long as we don't have a clear replacement captain imo.

• Locked thread