Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fredflonston

+1 for the Getz/Gilberto or most bossa nova really. I would recommend the soundtrack to the Let's Get Lost documentary about Chet Baker as well (it's not bossa nova) but it might be a bit too melancholy and sad to be truly chill.

More in the jazz vein this could be one of my favorite tunes of all time and always puts me in a peaceful mood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv2GgV34qIg

also this type of poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnzICutH_sE

Devin Townsend - Ghost - this whole album is blissful

The Clientele

As far as other stuff I usually turn to bandcamp for discovery and here are some labels I like. All are fairly ambient so I dunno if that might be TOO chill. Can one be too chill? I dunno.

Melody as Truth - great ambient works with just enough melody and movement to make it not too drowsy. I'd recommend anything by Suzanne Kraft or especially the Passive Aggressive album with her and Jonny Nash

Serein - again very chill almost ambient compilations and others.

Bludhoney - mostly ambient and electronic but occasionally can be a bit foreboding but always has a futuristic sci-fi vibe.

Ultimae - chill electronic with psybient/downtempo feel that to me works well with being productive around the house or at work.

Moderna Records - chill with a classical vibe. A lot of solo piano and small ensemble stuff

Yo la Tengo, Grouper, Cigarettes After Sex, jeez you're right there's so much chill music!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fredflonston

This rules. Thank you.

Fredflonston

I really dig the Roseland NYC vid on YouTube for jams as well as looks that got me nostalgic.

• Locked thread