Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Flying Zamboni posted:

Was I just mishearing or was the immolating Kane in the video speaking in a southern accent? Maybe it was just the way Oscar Isaac was speaking as someone coming apart mentally but my first thought was that the real Kane had an accent that the one in the flashbacks didn't have. I interpreted this as just another way that Area X messes with people by even altering some of Lena's memories but maybe I completely misheard and it's not actually anything.

Other way around, I think. He'd picked up someone else's southern accent, which fits with him commenting about how he wasn't Kane anymore right before lighting himself up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Interesting it only ever spoke with the one voice, then.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Dienes posted:

You only have one voice but eat different things.

Eating is not collecting.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Dienes posted:

Tell that to my hips.

You may well be fat, but your body is not a hamburger collection.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Looks like all of Alex Garland's screenplays are on Amazon. Most at least, didn't go down the IMDB list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

It is entirely possible that a comparison to specific commercials could be interesting and revealing if you were able to keep it up for more than two words.

edit: Actually, reviewed the post in question, and it was only one word. My bad.

Sir Kodiak fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 2, 2018

• Locked thread