Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I just checked the discord server you linked previously and I find it too convoluted compared to the one on the OP "The Division Goons". I kinda prefer smaller, more focused discord servers than multi-games ones but hey. I'm on both anyways.

I'll try the beta on PC and see if my old rear end one can handle it decently (it should if it doesn't need much more than TD1). Otherwise I'll have to bite and get the PS4 version (and an excuse to get one of these Dark Zone editions with the agent with the flare gun).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Guillermus posted:

I just checked the discord server you linked previously and I find it too convoluted compared to the one on the OP "The Division Goons". I kinda prefer smaller, more focused discord servers than multi-games ones but hey. I'm on both anyways.

I'll try the beta on PC and see if my old rear end one can handle it decently (it should if it doesn't need much more than TD1). Otherwise I'll have to bite and get the PS4 version (and an excuse to get one of these Dark Zone editions with the agent with the flare gun).

Hey hey! Do this:

Go in there and right click every channel and hit Mute/Hide. It should look like one for just 4 channels when you do that. And you’ll never get bothered or even know the other channels exist. It’ll be the only time you do have to do that.

Let me know if there is anything at all I can do to help!

Edit: this is all you would see, for instance if you mute them all. Nothing else.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

That link for the Xbox store just says it’s not available.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Infinitum posted:

I downloaded it in 1 1/2 hrs :smuggo:

NBN bros :hfive: (I'm assuming)

Hearing about the stuff in Div 2 like "playing with a high-level friend temporarily raises your level to match" and "crafting blueprints level with you"... so good.

Cheap Trick fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Feb 6, 2019

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol at 90 minute dl

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Buy the first game. It’s cheap as hell right now

So when you posted this yesterday I didn't realize you meant it was literally $5 so anyway I bought The Division and played some last night and it's pretty fun! I'm mostly playing solo but so far I'm fairly impressed by how effective enemies have been at flushing me out of cover even in the early missions--I feel like I always need to be on the move, but that cover is also super important, so it can get kind of hectic (which is good).

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Does anyone else find their internet connection struggling with Division 1? I'm fine normally but whenever I group with friends I start rubberbanding and poo poo and my voice in discord is apparently cutting in and out. Then if I quit the game everything is fine again.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

PantsBandit posted:

Does anyone else find their internet connection struggling with Division 1? I'm fine normally but whenever I group with friends I start rubberbanding and poo poo and my voice in discord is apparently cutting in and out. Then if I quit the game everything is fine again.

Offer to host or ask someone else in the group to host and get the new host to find a better server in the group menu.

But I was getting tons of lag last night as well, could be a combination of winding down servers and renewed interest from sales/div 2?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

PantsBandit posted:

There was definitely some jank last night but it was atypical jank so if it's persistent for you, maybe check your firewall settings (if applicable) to see if something isn't getting through?

e: almost ALLLLLLLLLMOOOOSSSTTTTTTTTT

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Harrow posted:

So when you posted this yesterday I didn't realize you meant it was literally $5 so anyway I bought The Division and played some last night and it's pretty fun! I'm mostly playing solo but so far I'm fairly impressed by how effective enemies have been at flushing me out of cover even in the early missions--I feel like I always need to be on the move, but that cover is also super important, so it can get kind of hectic (which is good).

If you’re on tonight, hit me up my dude. I’ll show you the ropes because once you understand everything this game has to offer, you learn just how incredible this is.

Seriously, it’s one of the best games I’ve ever played. I just love it.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Harrow posted:

I just did this about a month ago and have to say I’ve had a lot of fun for the money. Also, it’s all about moving from cover to cover. The enemies kind of remember where you were.. but don’t notice too quick where you just moved to. So get in cover, drop a dude or two, move to another cover and keep going in rapid succession. Also watch for the flankers and if you’re getting surrounded don’t be afraid to roll out of cover and run away to get some distance and a new cover spot.. then start reworking your way back up closer.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Blind Rasputin posted:

That link for the Xbox store just says it’s not available.

Xbox1 and PS4 users are supposed to get an email with a code that can redeemed in the store. The emails were supposed to have gone out when the game went up.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Yeah I’m proper hosed in that regard m8 I don’t own an email

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Mr Hootington posted:

Xbox1 and PS4 users are supposed to get an email with a code that can redeemed in the store. The emails were supposed to have gone out when the game went up.

PS4 person here: I got my email, and it says I can invite friends, but there is no indication on how do do that.....

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Blind Rasputin posted:

Yeah I’m proper hosed in that regard m8 I don’t own an email

For PS4 users, you can manually DL it here if you prelordered: https://store.playstation.com/#!/cid=EP0001-CUSA12674_00-TCTD2BETA0000001

EDIT: I think this is the Bone link: https://store.xbox.com/Xbox-One/Games/The-Division-2-Beta/d3d453eb-3b61-4aa0-b0b5-45ce7a136934

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

If you’re on tonight, hit me up my dude. I’ll show you the ropes because once you understand everything this game has to offer, you learn just how incredible this is.

Seriously, it’s one of the best games I’ve ever played. I just love it.

I'll definitely take you up on that if I'm on tonight. Might be later than usual because it's trivia night, but I'm digging The Division so far and I'm curious to see how it grows. If I'm not on tonight I'll hit you up between when The Division 2 beta ends and Anthem launches :v:

Blind Rasputin posted:

I just did this about a month ago and have to say I’ve had a lot of fun for the money. Also, it’s all about moving from cover to cover. The enemies kind of remember where you were.. but don’t notice too quick where you just moved to. So get in cover, drop a dude or two, move to another cover and keep going in rapid succession. Also watch for the flankers and if you’re getting surrounded don’t be afraid to roll out of cover and run away to get some distance and a new cover spot.. then start reworking your way back up closer.

Yeah, it's usually the flankers, melee guys, and occasional grenades that get me to panic move out of cover, so I think I need to pay more attention to where the nearest other cover is so I can do the cover-to-cover move.

Does rolling have any i-frames or is it just a way to cover some distance out of cover quickly?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
Ok, so for the people who signed up for the xbone private beta you need to check the email associated with your ubisoft account and they should be emailing you a 25 character code for the beta. They have directions in the email but what you need to do is go to the online store via your bone, go to the panel labeled 'redeem code' and type in the code that's in the email. You should get a notification that you can download the beta and it should start automatically if you have your bone set that way.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lumpy posted:

PS4 person here: I got my email, and it says I can invite friends, but there is no indication on how do do that.....

I might be SoL. I used a code given to me and it unlocked the preorder costumes but not the game on Uplay. Lmao

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

The first game is funny - I bought it on a whim, didn't play it much. Had seen the next game was coming in March, so reinstalled it and now I can't stop murdering everyone. Gang members, terrorists, birds, dogs... Everything gets killed.

Some dude trying to break into a car? Throw a few rounds at him.

Good times.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
If anyone figures out how invites work for PS4 people, I'd love to know... I can't see the private beta forum (says I don't have access) and I can't even post in the regular Div2 forums "I don't have permissions" despite being logged in and having my PSN account linked. Oh well, at least my preload is downloading!

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

So I got the email saying hey preload is up but I didn’t preorder, does this mean I will be able to play tomorrow or was this just a “ hey preorder our game you poor piece of poo poo” kinda thing? For ref, I did sign up for the beta but I thought they scrapped the sign ups for pre-order only access.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

a mysterious cloak posted:

The first game is funny - I bought it on a whim, didn't play it much. Had seen the next game was coming in March, so reinstalled it and now I can't stop murdering everyone. Gang members, terrorists, birds, dogs... Everything gets killed.

Some dude trying to break into a car? Throw a few rounds at him.

Good times.

hold the gently caress up

mods????????

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
Threat neutralized

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lumpy posted:

If anyone figures out how invites work for PS4 people, I'd love to know... I can't see the private beta forum (says I don't have access) and I can't even post in the regular Div2 forums "I don't have permissions" despite being logged in and having my PSN account linked. Oh well, at least my preload is downloading!

I'm not sure about how it works for ps4 specifically, but apparently the invite system for this won't go up on the ubi beta page until 5 pm pst today. At least according to reddit.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Just yesterday I said to myself, “huh. I bet if I shot at a dog the game would like just not shoot my gun. Like NPC characters in fallout you just cannot shoot them. Like of course right?? Because you can’t even kill an innocent in assassins creed and this is Ubisoft so for sure”

Five seconds later :stare:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

A friend I played with shot every dog he saw because he works in the disease side of microbiology and dogs are fantastic vectors to spread poo poo.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Kibayasu posted:

A friend I played with shot every dog he saw because he works in the disease side of microbiology and dogs are fantastic vectors to spread poo poo.

Did he show you his butterfly collection later, with the killing jar?

Estel
May 4, 2010
I was playing yesterday and shot a bomb in the street but did't notice a dog was near and died, i felt bad.

The civilians don't get any sympathy from me because they like to move me when i'm looking at my inventory and force it to close.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Are there enemy dogs in The Division or are they all bystanders? I want to know if I should be prepared to have to shoot a dog :smith:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The only dog enemies in The Division are the robo-dogs in the sequel.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Did the final Shield pop yet?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kibayasu posted:

The only dog enemies in The Division are the robo-dogs in the sequel.

I will happily shoot evil creepy uncanny valley robo-dogs

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

Did the final Shield pop yet?

Nope. Timer has finally moved to hours though, looks like it's about midnight PST/3AM EST.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Finally got my code. Now to figure out how to invite friends.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Mr Hootington posted:

forum seems to imply it's broken.

The Division 2: Joe Ferro Did Nothing Wrong

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Mr Hootington posted:

Apparently inviting friends is not live yet. Allegedly at 5pm GMT according to the beta forums. HOW you invite? :iiam:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Also, I guess I was selected for the beta despite not having preordered, possibly due to the hundreds of hours I put into Div 1.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

03:18 hours, I've had worse. Hard to play D1 with the download hogging all my bandwidth though.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Kibayasu posted:

Exactly. Stray dog growling and barking at me, during a biological attack? Bam.

I have a rescue dog at home, he got playing too rough and bit me really hard once.

I put him down on the couch and told him to not play so rough. He gave me licks on the nose as an apology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Deviant posted:

Also, I guess I was selected for the beta despite not having preordered, possibly due to the hundreds of hours I put into Div 1.

Same but like 15 hours when it came out, so idk.