Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos

Mr Hootington posted:

Finally got my code. Now to figure out how to invite friends.

I got mine also, but it will not let me add it to UPlay or Steam. Is it specific to a platform?

Nevermind, I can't read good.

aluminumonkey fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Feb 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Deviant posted:

Also, I guess I was selected for the beta despite not having preordered, possibly due to the hundreds of hours I put into Div 1.

What does your beta page on the website say? Does it just say that you have registered or that you have guaranteed access to the beta?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The one thing that viscerally bothered me was hearing an innocent guy getting harangued by some thugs in an alley, I just sort of stood and listened because they were behind me. But it went from “take anything it’s fine” to the guy begging for his life before finally screaming as they beat and eventually eviscerated him. It was just... really loving real. I work in an ER a lot and also have been privy to some pretty awful assaults on the street and there was just something about it that got to me. Even worse because afterwards for like 15 minutes I kept thinking poo poo I should’ve stopped that.

Wtf game.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Blind Rasputin posted:

Just yesterday I said to myself, “huh. I bet if I shot at a dog the game would like just not shoot my gun. Like NPC characters in fallout you just cannot shoot them. Like of course right?? Because you can’t even kill an innocent in assassins creed and this is Ubisoft so for sure”

Five seconds later :stare:

I seem to recall that in the beta for Division 1, shooting dogs actually gave xp but then they removed it for the final release.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Hope you remember to rescue the dog in queens tunnel camp every time you play it

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

On the fence between gold and regular, I'm guessing the first dlc is probably going to be Underground 2? Aside from the free stuff has there been any hints at what the season pass will include?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

What does your beta page on the website say? Does it just say that you have registered or that you have guaranteed access to the beta?

I'm preloading, and I got an email to that effect.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Deviant posted:

I'm preloading, and I got an email to that effect.

Ah ok. Just curious because I'm wondering if my secondary ubi account got in so I could give away more invites. ICR is cool and gave me a code for my main, but I also got an email for my secondary account saying that preload was available. The division 2 beta page on ubi's website says different things on both accounts though, one says guaranteed access and the other just says I'm registered for the beta.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

^burtle posted:

On the fence between gold and regular, I'm guessing the first dlc is probably going to be Underground 2? Aside from the free stuff has there been any hints at what the season pass will include?
Well not expansions since all those are free. So far all we know is 7 day early access to the free DLC, extra customization stuff, "additional activities."

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Roman posted:

Well not expansions since all those are free. So far all we know is 7 day early access to the free DLC, extra customization stuff, "additional activities."

Ahh okay so Underground poo poo will be free but the Black Tusk Armory will be the paid poo poo.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Blind Rasputin posted:

The one thing that viscerally bothered me was hearing an innocent guy getting harangued by some thugs in an alley, I just sort of stood and listened because they were behind me. But it went from “take anything it’s fine” to the guy begging for his life before finally screaming as they beat and eventually eviscerated him. It was just... really loving real. I work in an ER a lot and also have been privy to some pretty awful assaults on the street and there was just something about it that got to me. Even worse because afterwards for like 15 minutes I kept thinking poo poo I should’ve stopped that.

Wtf game.

When NPCs are lit on fire they let out some pretty horrific screams.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Relatively happy I resisted the urge to buy Ultimate Edition. Cosmetics are nice and all, but not €20 nice, Gold should suffice.

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

I never got an email saying I was in the private beta, but I could DL the entire private beta file (and did today). Will I be able to play or do I need a code on PC?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Radiohead71 posted:

I never got an email saying I was in the private beta, but I could DL the entire private beta file (and did today). Will I be able to play or do I need a code on PC?

They seemed to have messed up and sent out an email along with letting anyone pre-load the game even if you aren't in the beta

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is there a better place than this to invite some peeps on PS4?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/sv-se/news-updates/343703/the-division-2-photo-mode-available-in-the-private-beta

Photo mode will be in the beta with a special Beta picture frame
Available in PVE and DZ, not Conflict. Does not pause the game, so enemies can still kill you
"Its zoom is not greater than the most powerful scope in the game."

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Hey hey! Do this:

Go in there and right click every channel and hit Mute/Hide. It should look like one for just 4 channels when you do that. And you’ll never get bothered or even know the other channels exist. It’ll be the only time you do have to do that.

Let me know if there is anything at all I can do to help!

Edit: this is all you would see, for instance if you mute them all. Nothing else.

Cheers mate. Let's get all hyped with this beta!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Guillermus posted:

Cheers mate. Let's get all hyped with this beta!

Hell yes! I am BEYOND PUMPED!!!!

Lurkers, get in this beta. We are going to have a boatload of invites to go out for this thing.

We are all a great community too. I lurked a lot for division 1 here and always appreciated the candor and kindness from this group. I just want you all to know we are gonna make this a very welcoming home for all platforms with no drama.

Pop in the new thread late this evening (and here!) and discord and let’s chill and play some games together. If you need a code, wait for all of us to get our invites and we will do our part to help.

Everybody in beta gets 3 invites. We will have hundreds to give for today and tomorrow I would guess.

Let’s. Do. This. poo poo.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMCyP3zU87U

Some interesting stuff about crafting and recalibration I haven't heard before (I didn't watch all of the livestream though)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Endgame faction unit details gleaned from videos so far. spoiling out of an abundance of caution. All of this is based on collated posts from elsewhere and personal observation of videos.

Generally, BTs seem extremely aggressive about targeting player drones. Pathfinding and spawn behavior in the videos so far seems buggy enough that I suspect it will be subject to heavy change - right now many BTs seemed bizzarely passive, walking toward players out in the open. The footage I've seen looks rough, but I'm confident it's not representative of the final product. Black Tusk "invaded" missions have new objectives, routing and assets to show that the faction has taken over the area. Coupled with word that there's a degree of spawn and layout randomization, it's very exciting.

• Chargers appear way less dodge-y and aggressive. There were generally fewer of them, so no more "we were doing fine, and then the game spawned 18 guys with autoshotties behind us".
  • Assaulters appear mostly unchanged. It appears that they can now spawn one kind of flying drone, probably a suicide bomber- but that might be Chargers.
  • Grenadiers appear to use a sequential grenade skill, which hits very hard and targets multiple players separately. There's basically only a second while the grenade is in the air to get out of the way. This is signaled with barks about an "airburst". These units and Assaulters seem to paradoxically still be getting most of the kills in footage I've seen so far, mostly because other enemies seem to get higher player attention.
  • Medics have been seen in videos but I cannot find footage of them having the chance to do anything before the players eviscerate them.
  • Engineers appear to be able to spawn and repair tread drones, and deal heavy damage with their own weapon.
  • Snipers exist, and have no observed special abilities. They were very rare in the missions observed, which were mostly at relatively close quarters.
  • Heavy Gunners seem to exclusively wield miniguns and have heavy armor, but no impermeable shielding. They do not appear to have any special abilities at all and are slow even by the standards of Div2 heavy enemies. So far they seem trivial to deal with when alone because they move at an absolute crawl.
  • Flying drones, or UAVs appear to be spawned by Chargers. These seem to die fast and I almost never see them come out. As far as I can tell there is a gunner and a suicide bomb drone.
  • Tread drones, which resemble bomb disposal robots with a gun on top. These units have a skill, with heavy visual and audio cues, that involves spinning a green laser around in a circle for several seconds. It may be a dazzle attack, but it's not clear. I've still not seen anyone get hit by them.
  • Dog drones, or "Buddies", appear to be scripted spawns only. They have a gun on their back that fires periodically with a sound cue and a second-long red laser focusing indicator, all designed to provide massive player warning. When they die, they emit an EMP pulse that applies a "disrupted" effect to all units. The EMP particle effect has a limited radius, but the actual disruption appears to hit about double that area. They can move very fast at times, but were especially buggy, appearing to frequently become trapped in place.
  • "Jammers" are stationary devices that constantly re-trigger disruption status effects. They did not seem to have a timer lifespan and confused players, who had trouble finding them because they are indicated by screen effects and an arrow, but not by any HUD element floating over it. They're also very buggy; the effect triggers ISAC's barks about the effect starting and stopping continuously, and show up as effecting all enemies too. I believe these are placed by enemies, but I was not able to see when or where they were placed.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Feb 6, 2019

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Thought about getting the dlc for the first game today - LMAO if Microsoft/Xbox thinks I'm paying full price for that poo poo a month before the new game comes out.

I'm guessing most people are playing on PC? I'm considering that or PS4.

Feral Bueller
Apr 23, 2004

Fun is important.
Nap Ghost
14 minute download at 55-70MB/sec :sotw:

- I still need 2 exotics, so farming AA for the next couple of weeks.
- I will start running Incursions with a couple of people from work for achievement points -- I need 600 to close that loop.

Generally on1900-2300 PST. I will trawl discord for people interested in either of the above.

PC

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

a mysterious cloak posted:

I'm guessing most people are playing on PC? I'm considering that or PS4.
PS4 for overall bigger playerbase. I guess goons tend to be on PC but there's good number of PS4 people here

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I'd say either PC or PS4 would be just fine. For Division 1 the humble sale really gave PC a shot in the arm recently and it's been doing fine with all the shields and GEs bringing people back in.

I expect the same to hold true for Division 2 - PS4 might start bigger but PC was fine for years and will have long tail spikes to take advantage of. If you only need 7 other people to fill out a raid it doesn't matter if there are 70 people queuing or 700, you know?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Blind Rasputin posted:

Just yesterday I said to myself, “huh. I bet if I shot at a dog the game would like just not shoot my gun. Like NPC characters in fallout you just cannot shoot them. Like of course right?? Because you can’t even kill an innocent in assassins creed and this is Ubisoft so for sure”

Five seconds later :stare:
Fun fact: you cannot shoot civilians. However, you can shoot gas cans next to them :supaburn:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh hey it turns out I'm in the beta for this. I forgot I even applied. Stoked for this, hopefully it releases in a better state than D1 :ohdear:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Is the discord in the OP the one to go with or is there another one?

Also you can level up your gear as you go now so if you get something cool and nice early on you can bring it with you to end game hell yes

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I hope this game has The Bullet Sponge, a legendary world boss who is just covered in sponge plates.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

Is the discord in the OP the one to go with or is there another one?

Also you can level up your gear as you go now so if you get something cool and nice early on you can bring it with you to end game hell yes

This one family. https://discord.gg/364rsdd

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

I hope this game has The Bullet Sponge, a legendary world boss who is just covered in sponge plates.

A more apt name would be The Bullet Sponge King.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Roman posted:

PS4 for overall bigger playerbase. I guess goons tend to be on PC but there's good number of PS4 people here

Psion posted:

I'd say either PC or PS4 would be just fine. For Division 1 the humble sale really gave PC a shot in the arm recently and it's been doing fine with all the shields and GEs bringing people back in.

I expect the same to hold true for Division 2 - PS4 might start bigger but PC was fine for years and will have long tail spikes to take advantage of. If you only need 7 other people to fill out a raid it doesn't matter if there are 70 people queuing or 700, you know?

Okay, cool.

I'll have to see if I can pry the ps4 controller out of my wife's hand, or the Oculus setup on the PC off my son's head...

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
One thing I haven't seen, and I guess I'll find out in 12 hours, but I have no idea if loadouts are in, or if I am gonna have to grind up alts for different roles.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ZombyDog posted:

One thing I haven't seen, and I guess I'll find out in 12 hours, but I have no idea if loadouts are in, or if I am gonna have to grind up alts for different roles.

Iirc that Marco guy said you aren't tied to a spec

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

FAUXTON posted:

Iirc that Marco guy said you aren't tied to a spec

I got this impression as well.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I they said that at E3. The first one was the same way.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I have mixed feelings about that, just because I like having a few different and distinct faces to play in a game like this. If my Destiny character could be all three classes I think I'd find the game a bit less engaging, but I understand if I'm alone in this.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I don't think anyone is stopping you from having an AR Guy, a SMG Guy and a Sniper Gal, they're just saying you don't have to.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I assume there will be phoenix credit type currency again that will benefit from having multiple characters.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
Can't wait to give the beta a run tonight!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

^burtle posted:

I don't think anyone is stopping you from having an AR Guy, a SMG Guy and a Sniper Gal, they're just saying you don't have to.

Oh for sure, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I like genuine limitations.