Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

GodFish posted:

I ... now want to go camping based on watching Rin camp.

chumbler posted:

It almost makes me want to go camping.

I know, right? I haven't been camping in twenty years and now I want to buy a tent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Note: Buying a tent will not turn you into an anime schoolgirl

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

sinky posted:

not with that attitude it won't

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
There's something oddly catchy about Rin's fake dying noises during her text conversation with Ena.

Also goddamn at the scenery. If only half the places they go to didn't require you to drive...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm so relaxed right now...

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

sinky posted:

Reality never works the way it should.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

sinky posted:

:negative:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Xelkelvos posted:

Can you do one with just the Jackson 5?

Ok, I think I've sufficiently made this enough of a parody to qualify as fair use:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uWQvLwZkno

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

AnacondaHL posted:

Ok, I think I've sufficiently made this enough of a parody to qualify as fair use:

:bisonyes:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

AnacondaHL posted:

:perfect:

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

rincewind101 posted:

why isn’t the thread title “too in tents” :colbert:

The anime changed the line I guess.

Few things from pixiv:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Rin and her friend's texts are good.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
I had this manga kicking around in my backlog for years and, frankly, I'm glad I hadn't read it and went into the anime blind. It's exactly what I didn't know I wanted.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Never read the manga, but after watching the first episode I'll totally take Big Boss narrating a documentary about camping.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Bakanogami posted:

Never read the manga, but after watching the first episode I'll totally take Big Boss narrating a documentary about camping.

The voice of the narrator came as a bit of a surprise, I figured they'd go with someone a bit more... chill? The "put the rod in the hole" gag in the second episode was good though.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

For those not yet in the know, they literally hired the Japanese VA for Solid Snake for the narrator.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Reallycoolname posted:

For those not yet in the know, they literally hired the Japanese VA for Solid Snake for the narrator.
Akio Ohtsuka needs to narrate more things with his chill voice. :allears:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
The morning's news headlines are all bad, the professor for my new class later today doesn't explain anything, my neck is sore for no good reason, and it's all okay 'cos there's a new Yurucamp

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This is some of the most reliably chill and soothing poo poo I've seen since Amanchu.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The music in this is so good, more soundtracks that are nothing but one person with a guitar please

Burnt Poffin
Oct 10, 2012
Some of the background music reminds me of ARIA's BGM. Very chill and relaxing. :)

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Cozy Nadeshiko is very good, I like her grandma bit a lot

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Reallycoolname posted:

Thanks to this I kept thinking "But how does it taste?" whenever they were talking about Hot Pot this episode.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

oh yea, and

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Something the translation kind of skipped is that Rin addresses the dogs in a kind of mock-insulting way. Like "you filthy curs" or something.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

AnacondaHL posted:

oh yea, and

All of the medium size dogs (50+ lbs) I know are guilty of this and it’s awesome

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Seems like the merchandising is starting out strong; they partnered with one of the companies that made a tool used by Rin in the manga. Also the usual various trinkets.

... I don't even camp, but that is a pretty cool / cute grill + stove + campfire box thing.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I really really like this show. It strikes me the characters in this show are super well adjusted for SoL anime, like they have quirks but no full on neurosis, and they're never overly mean. There's nothing wrong with that stuff, and it's partly cause they're older than these characters usually are, but it's still super refreshing. Definitely laid back camp.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Burnt Poffin posted:

Some of the background music reminds me of ARIA's BGM. Very chill and relaxing. :)

Euphoria~

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://streamable.com/5jkkt
This is basically AnacondaHL's video but the sound levels are fixed.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

AnacondaHL posted:

oh yea, and

It's really comedic how she just insta-crumples and kinda hangs in the air right on impact.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Oh hey, so this has a thread now.

Not gonna lie, I dusted off the plastic bin where I keep all my camping stuff, and took inventory.

I ordered a replacement sternum strap for my ruck, and I'm probably going to go camping next weekend. I even have books to read! =3

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Where would one go at this time of year, though? Maybe it's varies depending on region but almost all of the campgrounds here in New Jersey (both in state parks and private) are only open between April and October. :( I'd be down for some off season, cold weather camping if it weren't for that stumbling block.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
California.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Edward IV posted:

Where would one go at this time of year, though? Maybe it's varies depending on region but almost all of the campgrounds here in New Jersey (both in state parks and private) are only open between April and October. :( I'd be down for some off season, cold weather camping if it weren't for that stumbling block.

It's been a while since I was there, but I think there's some private campgrounds in eastern PA that are open all year. The PA state parks are also probably only April-October though.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

smdh if your plan isn't to go to japan to camp out

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Yeah winter still hasn't even hit up here in the mountains, I'm still forcing myself to wait until actual spring so I don't get surprised by the storm of the century out there.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

The San Francisco bay area has a lot of camping opportunities. This is Mt Diablo at the day i arrived.

It got real foggy, real cold, really quick during the night.

Still foggy as poo poo the next morning

Oh did I mention it was my first camping trip ever? It was actually fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hmm, i don't get it. where's your baby stroller?