Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Easiest Anime Of The Season winner I've ever seen. Just effortless, consistent excellence in concept execution from start to finish. Can't believe we're so lucky that we've still got a movie on the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

God I wanna go camping with my wife and dog.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

You should go camping imo

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Coxswain Balls posted:

You should go camping imo

We actually went camping early march on coastal Washington, we lifted camp in the middle of the night because i was not prepared for how loving cold it got and my poor dog was trembling real bad.

We are planning on camping later in the year though.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

The 4WD in my truck is acting up so I might have to put my backwoods trip later this month on hold because I don't want to end up stuck in the middle of nowhere with an overheating transfer case. I might go to some crown land that's a little closer to because I want to take advantage of the good weather that's coming, but I was really looking forward to some pitch black skies to do some astronomy.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Excerpt from a Famitsu interview with FFXIV's producer and director, Yoshi-P on patch 5.5, the new expansion, and this little nugget:

"There's a trend lately in the real life with people camping alone. As such, we're adding a bonfire minion."

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Kp_GKI0qmz016XRV2U4tLBmXWaRTj6oWmOM9pm5BhDM/edit

Context switch: Did anyone here ever attempt to buy one of those Sho's A-4-kun or B-6-kun grills? What was it like, and how did you go about doing it?

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 2, 2021

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Yuru Camp movie confirmed for 2022?
https://twitter.com/yurucamp_anime/status/1377455681163259907

Wasn’t sure if it was legit since April Fool’s, but other places are reporting on it:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-03-31/laid-back-camp-movie-reveals-returning-staff-2022-opening/.171353

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That's not even the first time they've announced it - they announced Heyacamp, Season 2, and the movie altogether. They just haven't talked much about the movie much till now since, well, it was the last one to come out of these.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
On the one hand the Yurucamp "games" are overpriced for what they are.

but on the other hand

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/CanYouPetTheDog/status/1382000635013292039

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jiaHU2fu0Y

As good as having an OP 3.

It's for a Yurucamp VN for Switch/PS4.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

I had to take my nerd photo during my camping trip last month.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Daedalus1134 posted:

I had to take my nerd photo during my camping trip last month.

That is a seriously comfy looking scarf.

Too bad we never hit sweater weather in (southern) California, much less scarves.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

sb hermit posted:

That is a seriously comfy looking scarf.

Too bad we never hit sweater weather in (southern) California, much less scarves.

It is a very comfy scarf, served me well last winter and if the weather extremes we’ve been having lately hold up, I’m gonna have to break it out sooner rather than later. A friend was wearing one as well one of the last times I was at a large gathering to Covid back in January of last year; I’m really glad I got my hands on one.

My aunt apparently thought it was a gay pride scarf when I first wore it because I guess she didn’t see it well when I had it on and thought anything with varying stripes of color represented that? Yuru Camp certainly has some undertones of that though, but it very much focused on the comf instead.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

GhostStalker posted:

It is a very comfy scarf, served me well last winter and if the weather extremes we’ve been having lately hold up, I’m gonna have to break it out sooner rather than later. A friend was wearing one as well one of the last times I was at a large gathering to Covid back in January of last year; I’m really glad I got my hands on one.

My aunt apparently thought it was a gay pride scarf when I first wore it because I guess she didn’t see it well when I had it on and thought anything with varying stripes of color represented that? Yuru Camp certainly has some undertones of that though, but it very much focused on the comf instead.

without getting too offtopic, I figure gay pride anything would be rainbow colored. But after seeing the lgbt symbols wikipedia page:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_symbols

I would probably make the same mistake too, had I not seen this show.

But yeah, the comf is the main idea.

I still haven't picked up season 2. I haven't watched much anime and I figure I should start this season with this and bakarina s2.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

sb hermit posted:

without getting too offtopic, I figure gay pride anything would be rainbow colored. But after seeing the lgbt symbols wikipedia page:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_symbols

I would probably make the same mistake too, had I not seen this show.

But yeah, the comf is the main idea.
Not to get further into derail, but the aunt who made that comment is an old who isn’t definitely aware of the myriad symbols of the LGBTQ spectrum.

Anyway, looking into getting a Detolf soon so I can finally display all the Yuru Camp nendoroids I’m gonna be getting in the mail soon from Amiami without them getting dusty.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

GhostStalker posted:

Not to get further into derail, but the aunt who made that comment is an old who isn’t definitely aware of the myriad symbols of the LGBTQ spectrum.

Anyway, looking into getting a Detolf soon so I can finally display all the Yuru Camp nendoroids I’m gonna be getting in the mail soon from Amiami without them getting dusty.

I own a lot of nendos but I haven't displayed any of them.

Shimarin might be the first exception, though, because I bought three copies of her:
  • First run Shimarin
  • Shimarin scooter
  • Second run Shimarin DX

The idea is to put the first run Shimarin on display. And when I get the Nadeshiko figma, she'll sit next to her.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

winter is coming

I hope campsites in the Sierras won't get closed due to covid or wildfires. Knock on wood and etc.

I just finished watching s2 and the food is off the charts.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://twitter.com/GoodSmile_US/status/1444022159446351881?s=19

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-10-09/laid-back-camp-movie-posts-early-summer-2022-opening-new-teaser-visual/.178304

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Man I hope this gets a US release, even on home video.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:same:

I would be very surprised if it didn't at least get streamed on Crunchyroll.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
First teaser trailer for the movie is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hrc1d7gJH8

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

lagidnam posted:

First teaser trailer for the movie is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hrc1d7gJH8

I don't know if I've ever seen those sickle-like tools at 0:14.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

SirPhoebos posted:

I don't know if I've ever seen those sickle-like tools at 0:14.

Those are just kama. They're just sickles. You use 'em for harvesting grain or weeding, like all sickles.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

mdct posted:

Those are just kama. They're just sickles. You use 'em for harvesting grain or weeding, like all sickles.

Okay, when I first saw them my mind went to 'ice-climbing picks'. But a) they wouldn't be pointed enough, and b) would imply that the movie was going to get get a lot less laid-back.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1547664800569643009

CR has a review up of the new movie.

This is also an excuse for me to bump the thread so that it'll be easier to find if the movie comes to the States

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Thank you for reminding me I didn't finish the second season

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I really wish they’d give it a Blu-Ray release so I can re-watch it while I work out. Now that Funi/Crunchy is merged I don’t see why this and Place Farther can’t come out.

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009

The Black Stones posted:

I really wish they’d give it a Blu-Ray release so I can re-watch it while I work out. Now that Funi/Crunchy is merged I don’t see why this and Place Farther can’t come out.

YuruCamp & Kaguya both really deserve a collectors TV + movie boxset like k-on. Has Frunchy announced any changes to physical release due to the merger? Hoping it makes it more easier for them to put stuff out.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

My fiancee and I watched both seasons recently and I loving cried at how peaceful and gorgeous it is.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

RocketMermaid posted:

My fiancee and I watched both seasons recently and I loving cried at how peaceful and gorgeous it is.

hell, :same:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Yurucamp #1 iyashikei anime four years and counting.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
So our chances of a Blu-Ray release got infinitely better as CR announced a dub for the show. If it wasn’t popular I don’t think they would have bothered this late into it, so here’s hoping they also announce something in regards to the movie.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

The Black Stones posted:

So our chances of a Blu-Ray release got infinitely better as CR announced a dub for the show. If it wasn’t popular I don’t think they would have bothered this late into it, so here’s hoping they also announce something in regards to the movie.

:toot:

it'll be interesing to see how some of the japanese mannerisms get translated, as well as the food reactions

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

now... hopefully it won't be $100 for the box set

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009

sb hermit posted:

now... hopefully it won't be $100 for the box set

Hopefully they'll go for a tiered bluray set: simple triple-disc case at $50, the other "exclusive" version at $100+ for dat weeb-money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Jomo posted:

Hopefully they'll go for a tiered bluray set: simple triple-disc case at $50, the other "exclusive" version at $100+ for dat weeb-money.

they'll have to also include at least a soundtrack cd, and maybe add a figurine, for something like that!

US weebs (yes, I include myself) are nothing if not entitled when it comes to deluxe releases.