Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The 100 dollar box sets are for aniplex releases under the aniplex label and since Yurucamp isn't an aniplex show it should be priced like a normal Funi release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

the hilarious thing is that crunchyroll actually has spanish and portugese dubs, but the xbox one refuses to play any dubs except english and japanese regardless of the series

:argh: MICROSOFT!!!

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

The Black Stones posted:

So our chances of a Blu-Ray release got infinitely better as CR announced a dub for the show. If it wasn’t popular I don’t think they would have bothered this late into it, so here’s hoping they also announce something in regards to the movie.

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1554172630567161857?t=Z0jfferU7bf9ybP9VDJE8w&s=19

turns out the dub is tomorrow

... or is that today?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The Black Stones posted:

So our chances of a Blu-Ray release got infinitely better as CR announced a dub for the show. If it wasn’t popular I don’t think they would have bothered this late into it, so here’s hoping they also announce something in regards to the movie.

They better get David Hayter for Grandpa.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Aug 2, 2022

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

The tweet was from yesterday so it’s today.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

SirPhoebos posted:

They better get David Hayter for Grandpa.

That tweet has the full cast listing behind the link they have "Additional Voices: Ian Sinclair" and that's probably Grandpa Snake. =(

I agree, totally should have gotten Hayter.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Aug 2, 2022

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

That tweet has the full cast listing behind the link they have "Additional Voices: Ian Sinclair" and that's probably Grandpa Snake. =(

I agree, totally should have gotten Hayter.

Eh, I'm sure he'll be fine. It would have been hilarious though.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

english dub is ok. Just episode 1 so far.

camping grandpa needs a much deeper voice. the dub makes him sound like a young dad

I'm listening to it in the background and some of the voices sound alike (Sakura and Rin's, for example, and ironically aoi and chiaki)

Thankfully, Nadeshiko uses her energy to differentiate her voice from everyone else, so her VA scores points for that.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

They call the instant curry "ramen"?? DUB RUINED! :livintrope:

Edit: well they call it both. Fake rage mollified.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Aug 3, 2022

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

SirPhoebos posted:

They call the instant curry "ramen"?? DUB RUINED! :livintrope:

It was instant curry cup noodles, wasn’t it? Ramen would technically be correct in that case, albeit massively incomplete.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 3, 2022

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Is anyone else watching the english dub? They're up to episode 3 right now.

It's a weird feeling. I wish they had subtitled some of the stuff in the 2nd episode like the club names when Nadeshiko first goes to the out-camp club or the sign that points Shimarin to where the bathroom is. Otherwise, I think it works fine as a dub except I have trouble distinguishing voices.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/afro_2021/status/1583775277007532033?t=ykcJUIzN4F107g9cIP1rHQ&s=19

season 3 announced :toot:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
is that Grandpa Snake or Ayano on the right?

edit: oh, twitter embed cropped the heads out, clicking through is the full image, it's Toki Ayano, Nadeshiko's friend from middle school from S2E3.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Oct 22, 2022

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Indigo emailed me to be like 'sorry! 'Laid Back Camp vol. 12' is delayed! If it doesn't ship soon we'll automatically cancel your order for you' like hey wait no i want that--

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Has the movie had a home release yet?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nanigans posted:

Has the movie had a home release yet?

There's a movie?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Kwyndig posted:

There's a movie?

just released in Japan over the summer

hasn't hit streaming stateside but hopefully it does...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the movie's neat since its about the cast as adults

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'd imagine if we get it on a streaming site it'll be when it's on Blu Ray in Japan or when it hits streaming sites there but I really do want to see the movie

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
CR announced they got the movie for streaming but no date as to when they’ll show it.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

The Black Stones posted:

CR announced they got the movie for streaming but no date as to when they’ll show it.

:woop:

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
It's showing in my country right now (Korea), got to see it today. It was good!

Endorph posted:

the movie's neat since its about the cast as adults

and yeah this was a fun idea to go with for the movie

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

If people are gonna be at AnimeNYC in 2 and a half weeks, they’re gonna be screening the Yuru Camp movie on Friday.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

The Black Stones posted:

They just announced it will be added to their site on the 24th

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-n...-on-crunchyroll

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Exia posted:

They just announced it will be added to their site on the 24th

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-n...-on-crunchyroll

:toot:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:comfyzelda: secret society blanket returns

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

:kimchi:

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Reminder that the movie is now available on crunchy

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

....self-insert, Afro-sensei? XD

Also, belated 63rd Happy Birthday to Grandpa Snake.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Watched the movie. Good stuff. It’s fun how they have to find ways to manufacture some kind of conflict but really the best parts are just them chilling out. Also seeing the girls operate heavy machinery. Good times. I really want to own this series, where’s my Blu-Rays CR?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Apparently CR isn't streaming the movie on the South America region! Why do they do this to me :negative:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I can kind of agree with the sentiment that it might have worked better as a miniseries rather than a movie but it was still great to come back to that crew. I'm pretty sure I saw short hair Rin in the later manga chapters but I have no idea how it actually transitions to that because there's like a 9 volume gap in the scans.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I liked the crab feast scene

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

movie's good, yo

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

it could be split into a 3 or 4 episode ova though

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
You absolutely could break it up if you wanted to, but I think it flows well enough that a movie was a good way to go.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I have a hard time with my attention span these days and I watched this movie all the way through without even getting up to pee or look at my phone.

Movie good!!

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

AnimeNYC screening had an Apple update notification pop up in the middle of the screen for a bit in the middle of the movie, and when someone eventually went over and clicked out of it, they left the mouse in the middle of the screen for another 5 minutes or so, despite people asking very loudly for the AV people there to move it.

Still, very comf movie.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Just watched the movie after a kind of lovely day at work and I'm more relaxed than I have ever been.

Just incredible that the major crisis is an archaeological dig, which kind of made me want to rewatch detectorists.

Also I think it really works as a movie. I wouldn't want it as a miniseries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Just watched the movie after a kind of lovely day at work and I'm more relaxed than I have ever been.

Just incredible that the major crisis is an archaeological dig, which kind of made me want to rewatch detectorists.

Also I think it really works as a movie. I wouldn't want it as a miniseries.

It got me to look up what the Johmon period was, so credit to that