Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Went to Japan, visited Izu and Mt Omuro entirely due to Yurucamp. You win this time, anime tourism.

No Fuji visible, I have been cheated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Daedalus1134 posted:

Went to Japan, visited Izu and Mt Omuro entirely due to Yurucamp. You win this time, anime tourism.

No Fuji visible, I have been cheated.

Based on my experience in Japan I don't think Fuji is real and it's actually some sort of elaborate prank the Japanese play on tourists.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Maybe it’s one of those magic picture things but you can only see it if your Japanese.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

My grocery store had instant curry noodles in stock, so I bought a whole bunch of them.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

SirPhoebos posted:

My grocery store had instant curry noodles in stock, so I bought a whole bunch of them.

:nice:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

SirPhoebos posted:

i also bought them only because of the show, but now they are my favorite cold weather cup noods

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

TenementFunster posted:

i also bought them only because of the show, but now they are my favorite cold weather cup noods

:same:, even if I have another brand of instant ramen that I usually prefer because I grew up eating them

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Season 3 announced for 2024, now by studio Eight Bit, which, among other things, did the Encouragement of Climb series.

https://twitter.com/yurukyan_goods/status/1677944126736834560

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
:toot:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:toot:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

important:

https://twitter.com/nanapapa_mtb/status/1677929466998460420

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
https://twitter.com/mukutarou_/status/1678356787047849985

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
It's time to camp once more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPbaJ2uDeQ4

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Interesting, I wasn't sure if there would be anymore with them as school kids after the movie.

Is it a new studio? It looks different and more CGI.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
It is a new studio, yeah.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:ohdearsass:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Sho's (the sheet metal foundry that makes Rin's tabletop takibi) appears to have finally expanded westward and are now selling NOT the A-4 kun (eigo joke lolololo), but they are selling the B-6 kun in various configurations.

https://www.amazon.com/s?me=A52EKS2LNIE9N&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

season three has begun :kingsley:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

it’s good

more compelling than S2 by far

for those who haven’t watched the movie, have no fear and just start S3. You can watch the movie later.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

sb hermit posted:

it’s good

more compelling than S2 by far

for those who haven’t watched the movie, have no fear and just start S3. You can watch the movie later.

Yeah, the movie is future Outdoor Activities Club getting together after they become adults; this is more manga storyline high school camping. Watching the new season definitely scratched an itch I didn’t know needed scratching after so long, so with this and the new season of Euphonium this year, I think my comf quota will easily be filled for the next couple of months.

I barely remember the overall plan of the chapters that would make up this season in the manga unlike the ones for season 2, but I do remember that Nadeshiko’s friend Ayano is involved. Also, cameo appearance in the OP by two new characters that have only shown up in the last 2 volumes of the manga released in English (4 volumes in Japanese) makes me think they’re gonna be covering more material this season than I thought they would..

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

new euphonium????

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

new euphonium????

Euphonium season 3 starts this Sunday, but apparently some episodes leaked already? I’m not sure from where.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Still not 100% sold on the backgrounds that are photographs with a slight filter on them.

Chikuwa's still cute tho

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

duz posted:

Still not 100% sold on the backgrounds that are photographs with a slight filter on them.

They look bad

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
They should make them really blurry with random live action people statically standing around like classic Higurashi, then they'd be good.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

yeah the backgrounds aren't good but everything else is on point so it's still really good

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Man maybe I'm just in a different point in my life now but I don't think I'm feeling it and I hope as the season progresses it gets better

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh OK yeah, these backgrounds look incredibly bad lol

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

the backgrounds are a bummer but the rest is hype

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Generally the art is slightly worse (character designs and animation) to significantly worse (backgrounds, especially when season 1 and 2 have some of the nicest background work in anime,) but the mood, feel, and pacing all feel like exactly the same, so I'm still enjoying it.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

lol, that looks like google earth vr

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

They could have at least turned on the 3D buildings option to add some depth in the z dimension

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Nate RFB posted:

Yeah, they've lost all the charm of the earlier season backgrounds.

Still an enjoyable show, and nice to spend more time with our team of low-key campers, but the landscape shots like that one make me a little sad.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I think it's fine, but I'm easy to please, and the pinecone said konichiwa so I'm set.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Detheros posted:

I think it's fine, but I'm easy to please, and the pinecone said konichiwa so I'm set.

:same:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

This week's episode felt really empty for some reason. I know they go low on the background character count anyway but it felt extra lifeless at times. Maybe it's was just the fact that most of the episode took place in the early morning and in a tourist spot in the off-season.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Kwyndig posted:

This week's episode felt really empty for some reason. I know they go low on the background character count anyway but it felt extra lifeless at times. Maybe it's was just the fact that most of the episode took place in the early morning and in a tourist spot in the off-season.

Kinda felt the same thing when I was reading the chapters of the manga that this corresponded to, but it did make me want curry (dam or not), so it got some of its job done.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

I don't like how they're doing the backgrounds and it's a shame cause otherwise it seems like the new studio is doing a decent job, but the backgrounds don't work for me and that's a major issue in a series like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

ATP_Power posted:

I don't like how they're doing the backgrounds and it's a shame cause otherwise it seems like the new studio is doing a decent job, but the backgrounds don't work for me and that's a major issue in a series like this.

I just can't feel cozy with something that feels half assed