Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Tamba posted:

Lots of him this week

Grandpa Snake is great. I looked up how far it was from Minobu to Kofu, it's like a 30-40 minute ride one way, and he punched that out like it ain't no thang for his granddaughter, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

No wonder they had dinner at 9PM. Rin didn't get a lot of sleep that night, but she's young, she'll be fine.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Just realized this episode aired on Nadeshiko and Inuyama’s birthday, so that was nice.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

The Black Stones posted:

The entire time I was watching I was going “how the hell did Ena know? Did Nadeshiko take a picture and Ena notice them in the background?”

Cue the post credits and she works at a convenience store where Nadeshiko’s mom gabs was a great reveal.

I'm not sure I get why Ena wants to keep that secret, though. Konbini clerk is a noble profession

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

StandardVC10 posted:

I'm not sure I get why Ena wants to keep that secret, though. Konbini clerk is a noble profession

Probably because if they knew they would shop at that one specifically while she's working and might get her in trouble with the boss.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Yeah I figure she doesn’t want the attention, and also she loves that Nadeshiko’s mom spills all the secrets and doesn’t want Nadeshiko to tell her mom to zip it.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

My pals and I are hoping to do a backwoods camping trip in the spring because we want dark skies and wide open spaces with nobody around for hundreds of kilometers. Decided to start watching this to get in the mood and while I'm just a couple episodes into the first season it's making me super nostalgic for when I cycled across Japan.

My original plan was to travel north from Kyoto through the alps to Nikko and down to Tokyo, but I underestimated how much slower the climbs would be so I took the Tokaido route to Tokyo instead. I'm thinking whenever I can do it again I'll start from Kyoto and do the mountain route, but I really wanna ride the Shimanami Kaido again.

It's the most fun I've had in my life and Japan is easy modo for cycle touring and camping while still being absolutely beautiful. I got so many stories from it and made friends with tons of awesome, awesome people along the way, like the other cyclist who was always just a day or two ahead of me or vice-versa that I sorta noticed from guest books and the like, who completely coincidentally stayed at my place when she was riding across Canada a month or two later.

Now I'm worried that when I finish the series I'll start looking at plane tickets again, since that's exactly what happened when I finished watching Long Riders.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
RIP Aki

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Inuko sisters terrifiying? Ha, Ena's the one you should really look out for.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Mar 13, 2021

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Lot of beautiful scenery this episode, makes me want to visit like others have said.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Is this series primarily focused on fall/winter camping, or does the comic have them doing trips in the spring and summer as well?

Just got to the Lake Yamanaka episodes and it's neat seeing places I've been to. That onsen is indeed very nice and I'm sad I didn't get there until after sunset to get the sweet mountain view while bathing. Maybe if I stayed another day for the bath I wouldn't have taken a tumble down the mountain at highway speeds the next morning.

Hit a patch of gravel on a descent and bad times happened, but I got lucky since my injuries could have been much worse at the speed I was going. The GPS track looks pretty funny, with my heart rate abruptly stopping and the speed slowly picking up again as the ambulance carried me to the hospital.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Coxswain Balls posted:

Is this series primarily focused on fall/winter camping, or does the comic have them doing trips in the spring and summer as well?

Just got to the Lake Yamanaka episodes and it's neat seeing places I've been to. That onsen is indeed very nice and I'm sad I didn't get there until after sunset to get the sweet mountain view while bathing. Maybe if I stayed another day for the bath I wouldn't have taken a tumble down the mountain at highway speeds the next morning.

Hit a patch of gravel on a descent and bad times happened, but I got lucky since my injuries could have been much worse at the speed I was going. The GPS track looks pretty funny, with my heart rate abruptly stopping and the speed slowly picking up again as the ambulance carried me to the hospital.

Pretty sure it’s only fall/winter. The manga is completed and 11 volumes long, but I’ve only read up to volume 9, which is where I think this season of the anime will end.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

GhostStalker posted:

the manga is completed

whAT

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Yeah, cmon. I can't get 5 more seasons of this otherwise!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

GhostStalker posted:

The manga is completed

Do you have a source on this? I haven't heard any such thing.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Looking at where things currently stand, volume 11 collects up to chapter 63, but the raws are currently at chapter 69, so it's not finished with 11.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Coxswain Balls posted:

The story is still in the first winter. In the second chapter the outdoors club has their 980 yen tent they ordered for the summer but didn't get to use because it showed up in September, indicating it's probably early or mid October. Then the Christmas camping trip (Volume 4, end of season 1) happens, and Rin goes to Izu for her New Years trip (Volume 5) and then the whole club goes to Izu. (volume 9 and the end of season 2)

The raws are probably up to like, late April or early May by my reckoning.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
The manga is at volume 11 right now but it's most definitely not completed yet.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Reallycoolname posted:

Volume 12 is coming out on April 12th.

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1372025289807556608

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

And if it were the last volume, they'd be making that very clear.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

where the gently caress is volume 10 in english yen press you fucks

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

kidcoelacanth posted:

where the gently caress is volume 10 in english yen press you fucks

Sadly it is August 17, 2021 when volume 10 comes out for Yen Press.

https://yenpress.com/9781975316778/laid-back-camp-vol-10/

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

psyer posted:

this is a crime

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

kidcoelacanth posted:

this is a crime

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

that volume 11 cover is cute as hell though goddang

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

kidcoelacanth posted:

this is a crime

:emptyquote:

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
Just gonna note again that Japanese in the manga is actually fairly low-level for the most part with the exception of location names and some technical terms. Not a bad way to work on your Japanese.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Reallycooltip

Seriously though I could use practice, thank you

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Reallycoolname posted:

Just gonna note again that Japanese in the manga is actually fairly low-level for the most part with the exception of location names and some technical terms. Not a bad way to work on your Japanese.

Wish it had furigana though :eng99:

Also
https://twitter.com/gsc_kahotan/status/1372383791243685889?s=20

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

Do you have a source on this? I haven't heard any such thing.

narm00 posted:

Looking at where things currently stand, volume 11 collects up to chapter 63, but the raws are currently at chapter 69, so it's not finished with 11.

Reallycoolname posted:

Derp, sorry about that, I misread the Wikipedia article for the series. My b.

kidcoelacanth posted:

that volume 11 cover is cute as hell though goddang
:agreed: This is cute as gently caress, and I look forward to getting it in English when it does come out over here.

psyer posted:

kidcoelacanth posted:

this is a crime
drat, that sucks. Guess I’ll have to wait to throw money at them and spend it on merch instead.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
lmao at the teacher cracking the can open smash cut to taxi. Pretty sure everyone has been in an outing like that once.

Greblin
Mar 12, 2008
https://twitter.com/jo_gayu1204/status/1372572402731741187/photo/2

In case there was any doubt, the zombie film they were watching was a reference to Gakkou Gurashi.

Extra tidbit: The character in the scene they reference is played by the same VA as Saitou Ena.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Greblin posted:

Extra tidbit: The character in the scene they reference is played by the same VA as Saitou Ena.

Yeah, Rie Takahashi is a prolific seiyuu who has been in a ton of good stuff. I mostly know her as Mash from FGO, Emilia from Re:Zero and Megumin from Konosuba.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Whoo, a CDJapan order I’d been waiting a while for arrived last week!

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Poor sensei being unable to daydrink

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
Yurucamp: The Video Game; go all out to try to earn the maximum of comfort points as you (as Nadeshiko) go camping with Rin! or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psu-aV1G7vM

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Reviews on Steam say the game is less than an hour long and the VR mode adds nothing to the experience.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mill Village posted:

Reviews on Steam say the game is less than an hour long and the VR mode adds nothing to the experience.

Yeah, but you get to go camping with your waifu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
They expertly strung us along for the entire Izu arc with promises of capybaras that they didn't reveal until the very end. Well played.
(J/K I would've watched anyway.)