Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I discovered this show by accident, and I frickin love it.

When does the next episode air?

EDIT: I'm not crazy in thinking the opening theme sounds like the Jackson 5's "I Want You Back", am I?

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The same thing happened to me in 10th grade while camping in Canada

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Watched the last episode during my lunch break. Excellent anime that's got me back into the camping mood. I'm taking a weekend trip to Starved Rock in Illinois this Saturday. It's going to be cold and rainy, but I'm undeterred.

I promise to share photos.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Since they spent half the time also being a cooking anime (not that I minded in the least), what's everyone's recommendations for that genre?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

nielsm posted:

Somewhat west of Tokyo. Same latitude as northern Africa, north border of Arizona.

Around here, I believe:

Something else I noticed was that even though the last three or so episodes were in December, there wasn't ever indication of snowfall (well besides Fuji's peak). Would that be typical of this part of Japan?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

So my attempt to camp out last weekend went well save for one small hitch: I left my tent at home :downsgun:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Paracelsus posted:

Wampumaboos?

:golfclap:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I want a YuruCamp cookbook

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I want them to bring back the folding grill.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Got my Hot Chocolate mix ready!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The news dropped just as I did a four day trip to Mammoth Cave. I consider it auspicious.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Picked this up at GenCon: http://keymastergames.com/parks. I'm half tempted to make a Yurucamp reskin.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Neat! If they can actually go out and shoot the camping scenes on location that would be worth it by itself. A friend of mine went camping at one of the sites near Fuji they visit in the show and the show really does it justice.

I can't wait for live-action Hover-tent, myself.

EDIT: I noticed there were a couple of references and jokes in the Yurucamp about how short the characters were. I assume that was just lampshading anime/magna drawing conventions.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Nov 22, 2019

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

:toot:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

This couldn't have come out at a more perfect time.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

lagidnam posted:

First teaser trailer for the movie is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hrc1d7gJH8

I don't know if I've ever seen those sickle-like tools at 0:14.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

mdct posted:

Those are just kama. They're just sickles. You use 'em for harvesting grain or weeding, like all sickles.

Okay, when I first saw them my mind went to 'ice-climbing picks'. But a) they wouldn't be pointed enough, and b) would imply that the movie was going to get get a lot less laid-back.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The Black Stones posted:

So our chances of a Blu-Ray release got infinitely better as CR announced a dub for the show. If it wasn’t popular I don’t think they would have bothered this late into it, so here’s hoping they also announce something in regards to the movie.

They better get David Hayter for Grandpa.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Aug 2, 2022

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

That tweet has the full cast listing behind the link they have "Additional Voices: Ian Sinclair" and that's probably Grandpa Snake. =(

I agree, totally should have gotten Hayter.

Eh, I'm sure he'll be fine. It would have been hilarious though.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

They call the instant curry "ramen"?? DUB RUINED! :livintrope:

Edit: well they call it both. Fake rage mollified.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Aug 3, 2022

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Just watched the movie after a kind of lovely day at work and I'm more relaxed than I have ever been.

Just incredible that the major crisis is an archaeological dig, which kind of made me want to rewatch detectorists.

Also I think it really works as a movie. I wouldn't want it as a miniseries.

It got me to look up what the Johmon period was, so credit to that

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

My grocery store had instant curry noodles in stock, so I bought a whole bunch of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

SlowBloke posted:

Last episode highlighted something that i won't understand about modern camping/hiking. You go into the woods to get one into the nature and most of your supplies aren't just plastic packaged but made in a way that require you to cook them into the plastic, making it impossible to recycle. That's a bit awkward isn't it?

I think that depends on what type of equipment you use. On the last trip that I took, the pre-packaged stuff that I had from REI was easy to rinse out once I got back to civilization, so it wasn't a problem to recycle. There's also stuff that you don't cook in the package. It all depends on the set up, and it's certainly possible to be clueless about what you bring, but I don't think it's particularly hard to be mindful of having a low impact on the environment.