Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
I actually had the good fortune to go to Fuefukigawa Fruit Park just a few weeks ago but the Orchard Cafe was closed for renovations. :saddowns: Hell of a sad discovery after hiking uphill three kilometers. On the bright side the other restaurant served a killer hamburger and fruits parfait and the view was gorgeous regardless.

If there's one anime that would ever justify a pilgrimage it's this one. The author knows all the good spots, for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Pretties in tents.

Also having read all the published japanese volumes so far it looks like the anime will outstrip the scanlations by about one whole volume, if anyone out there cares.

Also there will be dogs. Lots and lots of dogs.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

There's something oddly catchy about Rin's fake dying noises during her text conversation with Ena.

Also goddamn at the scenery. If only half the places they go to didn't require you to drive...

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

For those not yet in the know, they literally hired the Japanese VA for Solid Snake for the narrator.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Seems like the merchandising is starting out strong; they partnered with one of the companies that made a tool used by Rin in the manga. Also the usual various trinkets.

... I don't even camp, but that is a pretty cool / cute grill + stove + campfire box thing.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

The faces only get better from here, believe me.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Oh my god I recognize the entire length of road the outdoors club members went up to reach Fuefuki

OH MY GOD I RECOGNIZE THE VIEW :kimchi:

Now I want to visit the place again...

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Necroblashyrkh posted:

A thing of beauty

Goddamnit I wish I lived in a country with snow. Or seasons. Or natural landscape. :sigh:

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

gmq posted:

defect

:getout:

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

The fanworks comes in quick and varied.

https://unityroom.com/games/yurucamper/webgl

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

So... how does it taste?

https://twitter.com/muramitsu__/status/979949491582246912

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

How many volumes did the first season cover?

The first four volumes afaik (the sixth one came come a couple of months before).

Incidentally I own and read the set and can confirm that everyone's favorite dog mountain sister appears much more frequently later on.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

For anyone also reading the japanese manga: volume 7 is slated for release October 11th.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Patience! Good animes take time.

Reallycoolname fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Feb 10, 2019

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Since this thread decided to momentarily rise from the dead: volume 8 of the Yurucamp manga is scheduled to be released on April 26th for anyone who can read Japanese (the text is relatively simple and I highly recommend it if you're learning).

el dorito posted:

which series is this?

It's a panel from Yurucamp volume 7. Wherein Nadeshiko finally takes a solo camping trip (or so she thinks).

Reallycoolname fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Mar 7, 2019

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Dogging == hounding.

Get your mind out of the gutter. :argh:

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

StandardVC10 posted:

I like her Vino better. :(

I like her long hair better.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Yurucamp volume 8 is out in japanese now. Featuring the full crew plus Inuko's little sister and Sensei. Everyone's families also make an extra strong showing this time round, including Rin's very powerful Grandpa.

Again, strongly recommend buying if you're learning Japanese since the text is relatively simple to read; if nothing else, you'd still be supporting Afro.

Also featuring Sensei's desperate (temporarily) attempt to control her drinking:

Reallycoolname fucked around with this message at 08:35 on May 12, 2019

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Got it through Diamond so it must be one of the few times they ship early

it's amazing as we have Chiaki, Aoi, and Saito doing a winter camping trip alone where nothing could go wrong! Featuring Sensei doing something

Sensei does as Sensei does.

(Spoilers: she drinks)

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Who's got the official TV anime guide for Yurucamp? This guy. :dance:

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

PV for the spinoff short series Heya Camp, coming January. Actually pretty excited for it since there're some really solid jokes in that section of the manga.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Heya Camp is airing today, folks. Crunchyroll should have it so get ready to get comfy (for a little bit at least).

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

That just means you have even more Yuru Camp to enjoy.

You scum.

You absolute whizbanger.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Heya Camp is out! (note: Room Camp if you're searching on Crunchyroll or VRV... or your choice of other sites if you're in a crappy region like me). A mere three minutes long no camping involved sadly - seems to be more of a Yamanashi tour tie-in but great fun regardless.

God I am revived. :rock:

Reallycoolname fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jan 6, 2020

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Check out the Yamaha-sponsered Yurucamp chapter (japanese language, I'm afraid) feature grown-up Rin and a new bike. Even if you can't read the text you can check out the coloured drawing at the end.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

In Japan right now and picked up these two goodies: Nadeshiko figurine from a UFO catcher and an official Yurucamp anthology (fanworks but sanctioned pretty much).

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

The manga is at volume 11 right now but it's most definitely not completed yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Just gonna note again that Japanese in the manga is actually fairly low-level for the most part with the exception of location names and some technical terms. Not a bad way to work on your Japanese.