Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I came expecting cozy, and episode one emphatically delivered. Nice looking show, very relaxing, nice sound design - definitely keeping it on the queue for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm sure they're just holding hands in there

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm looking forward to more camping tomorrow

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Traitor

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yurucamp is very much living up to its name. This is that good Iyashikei poo poo. I like Rin a lot, too - definitely relate to her vaguely loner mentality.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This is some of the most reliably chill and soothing poo poo I've seen since Amanchu.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

YuruCamp living up to the Healing Anime Motto: "Nothing happens, but, like, in a very good way"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rin and Nadeshiko are such romantics. :3:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Pretty!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Gloomy Rube posted:

That was one cool grandpa.

I love how proud he was of his barbecue.

This is turning into one of the best therapy shows I've seen in a while. Every episode just blisses me the gently caress out, I love it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Knorth posted:

I love Rin's winter wardrobe

I like the character designs/outfits in this show in general. I like that we've gotten to see them in a bunch of different outfits and hairstyles. Feels more natural than everyone always having the same look all the time.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I love the scarves. I wish I lived somewhere that got cold consistently enough to justify wearing a scarf. Scarves are neat.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Mweeheehee

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Also I think the narrator's voiced by Solid Snake?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Nadeshiko is ascending to a higher plane of coziness.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I liked that they made a point of framing her against a background of lillies, lol

Anyway, nice enough episode, although I feel like the show tends to suffer a little bit when Rin's off-screen for extended periods.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Wish MY grampa was Big Boss

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Cute!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Others have pointed it out well before me, but man I really like how this show uses everyone's phones.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

gmq posted:

genetic defect confirmed

Rude

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

There Bias Two posted:

I have to stop watching this show on an empty stomach.

This is why I always catch new episodes immediately after Lunch.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Interesting that we're doing Christmas Camping next week instead of for the finale. Kind of hope that means Nadeshiko and Rin get one more trip to themselves afterwards, I kind of prefer their dynamic 1-on-1 to in the larger group.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Knorth posted:

Rin chasing her tent :3:

There's a seat right there....

Using the seat would not be showing Aki her due deference.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

When is the Yurucamp-Amanchu crossover. I would also accept Yurucamp-NNB.

How do you do this and not propose the Yurucamp-Yama No Susume crossover

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The comforting covers of the Secret Society continue to unfurl over Japan...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

StandardVC10 posted:

The coziest conspiracy

I already made that pun!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

I'm glad I try to watch this show during/right after meals.

It has been a spectacular Lunch-Break anime, in my experience.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SirPhoebos posted:

I discovered this show by accident, and I frickin love it.

When does the next episode air?

EDIT: I'm not crazy in thinking the opening theme sounds like the Jackson 5's "I Want You Back", am I?

The finale airs next Thursday morning.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, this show was that GOOD Iyashikei poo poo. I felt like it maybe got a hair too slow on the back half, but it's hard to hold that against the show - pacing this sort of show is really hard, and it's much better to go too slow than too fast with this sort of thing. Lovely art, a great protagonist, good character dynamics. So glad I watched.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

There Bias Two posted:

Holy poo poo that's a specific genre?! I need more! Where do I start?

Kozue Amano's works, both manga and anime versions, are a good place to start with Iyashikei. Aria is like the Ur-Example of this sort of uber-chill therapy show, and Amanchu is more recent and also really good - and season 2 hits in a few weeks!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Mentat Radnor posted:

Iyashikei? It's kind of an unofficial genre, but there's some great shows that fit the bill.

Some of my favorites are Aria the Animation, Non Non Biyori, Amanchu, and Flying Witch.

Since it's not an official tag, but more of a label to describe anything that you find to be "healing", a ton of slice of life shows could be called Iyashikei, like K-ON! or Azumanga Daioh. Some folks would also include shows that have sad themes or episodes but still have that distinct dream-like quality, such as Kino's Journey, Mushishi, and Haibane Renmei.

I mean, I wouldn't say it's entirely a fan-created genre, it's definitely a thing creators intentionally target in some specific ways distinct from 'ordinary' slice-of-life shows. But yeah, the boundries can be kind of a fuzzy and "I know it when I see it" sort of deal.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Omnicrom posted:

And sure enough, in the final episode Rin says "yes"

:3:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SirPhoebos posted:

So my attempt to camp out last weekend went well save for one small hitch: I left my tent at home :downsgun:

Sleeping under the stars

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

There Bias Two posted:

I mean, they're still kinda lewd in principle.

Sometimes people just want a hug

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/1048599746372202497

I hope nobody thought there was no more Yuru to be Camped. The Yuru Life never dies.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Winter is still...so far away...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Volume 6 out today in English!

....Where? Amazon doesn't have it for another week.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Cute. Hope the scans keep up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'd be really surprised if not, Crunchy was on the production committee for S1 and pushed it pretty hard IIRC.